As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam [Phalla] Sale

14567810»

• Options
    McKidMcKid Registered User regular
    Day 1

Kwoaru [5] - Cythraul (23), Dragon6860 (24), Raiden333 (25), JusticeforPluto (27), KetBra(33)
    Sir Fabulous [4] - JusticeforPluto (1), 38thDoe (6)(13), Kwoaru (21), jdarksun (31), Auralynx (32)
    Auralynx [3] - premium (14), simulacrum (18), chamberlain (19), Kwoaru (20)
    JusticeforPluto [3] - SLyM (8), Phyphor (23), MrTLicious (26)
    KetBra [2] - JPants (11), AustinP0027 (12)
    premium [2] - Zombie Hero (9), schuss (15)
    Phyphor [2] - Sir Fabulous (5), Wildcat (29)
    Zombie Hero [1] - gizzy (3), LostNinja (10)
    JPants [1] - Assuran (2)
    LostNinja [1] - Cantide (4)
    schuss [1] - Heffling (7)
    gizzy [1] - Bedlam (17)
    Preda [1] - JaysonFour (22)
    Cantide [1] - DeamonIzual (28)
    chamberlain [1] - LostNinja (30)
    JaysonFour [0] - Kwoaru (16)

Not voted: Preda, McKid, DasUberEdward,

This feels weird to me and I feel there should be some red at the top. I'll vote Cythraul too.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Exactly my reason to choose him

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    With 32 people playing, how many mafia do we expect out there? 5? 6?

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I was going to complain about McKid's reasoning being lame at best, but Preda agreeing seems super lazy to me.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    With 32 people playing, how many mafia do we expect out there? 5? 6?

32 people playing, 2 SKs, 5-6 sounds about right I'd imagine.

Steam
  • Options
    Not a ton of names that don't have color, so not a whole lot of choices here.

Cythraul

Reasoning isn't the best, but looking at the list, I have to agree I'd expect to see red at the top. And your's is the only name that sits there without a color. Also, you've never voted for a known mafia (missed a day's vote, and voted to SlyM who is currently unkown).

Feels like that's just enough for me to justify even if it seems pretty weak for reasoning.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Day 3

Dragon6860 [9] - Preda (1), Heffling (2), AustinP027 (3), McKid (4), DasUberEdward (6), chamberlain (9), Raiden333 (11), gizzy (16), JusticeforPluto (17)
    DasUberEdward [5] - JPants (8), SLyM (10), DeamonIzual (12), Zombie Hero (13), JusticeforPluto (14), Dragon6860 (15)
    Phyphor [1] - Bedlam (7)
    Preda [0] - Dragon6860 (5),

Did not vote: KetBra, jdarksun, Cantide, Cythraul, 38thDoe, premium

I feel like at least one of those first three unknowns on Dragon is mafia. Of those I'm more suspicious of AustinP027 and Preda

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    DeamonIzualDeamonIzual Registered User regular
    The Cythraul reasoning does seem a bit weak right now. As for the not voting for mafia, Preda, McKid and premium are all on that list as well. I said yesterday that I have suspicious about premium and McKid and I still don't feel any different today. The late bandwagon votes on day 2 and pushing Bedlam on day 4 both don't sit well for me. From today's voting I think I'm going with McKid right now.

Vote Count:

Cythrual [3] - Preda (1), McKid (2), AustinP0027 (4)
    Preda [2] - Cythrual (3), SLyM (5)
    McKid [1] - DeamonIzual (6)

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    So, we are just voting for folks that didn't vote mafia? Is that the reason for all three wagons?

I'm going with preda because I don't buy the 'at least one red' theory is sound at all. Really no reason for that to be a thing.

Also a card, if nothing else changes

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Cythraul

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Look at that single-name vote on day 6

look at it and scowl

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    I'm still not buying into the reason behind Cythraul and Preda fits closer to my McKid vote. Might as well get a card if there is a tomorrow as well. Preda

• Options
    edited February 2016
    End of the day vote cause i was super busy today and he needed another vote to break the tie and avoid shenanigans

premium on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Vote is closed. Narration incoming.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    /sweat

Steam
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Finale - Hostile Takeover

The network had been compromised beyond repair. A valiant effort was made by the community, and yet Preda had been the victim, leaving another hapless innocent to fall. In midst of it all, the Community Manager had also been obliterated by outside interference; AustinP0027's access had been completely wiped out.

It would be a stalemate, but the GameStop employees had all the chips in their pile. The sale was over, and the Newell's reign was through. Cythraul, DeamonIzual, and Zombie Hero had taken complete control over the digital store front. The Steam Sale had ended, and the digital era had been completely given over to GameStop.

Had the Newell survived, he'd have wept. Instead, his likeness would be used to sell used software and encourage trade-ins until the end of days.

The former administrator might have lamented the loss of Steam, and his former position, but he took some solace in knowing that at least they weren't all forced to subscribe to Origin or UPlay. Some fates were worse than death.

Victory for the Village is impossible - Gamespot Employees Victory!

The Dead

Preda - Origin: The Vote
    AustinP0027 - Steam User: Wiped Clean

The Surviving Defeated

SLyM - Steam User
    McKid - Steam User
    premium - Steam User

The Surviving Victorious

Cythraul - Gamestop Employee
    DeamonIzual - Gamestop Employee
    Zombie Hero - Gamestop Employee

As you'll see in the design document below, technically the mafia needs to outnumber the village to win, but the game is currently 3 v 3 and the mafia still have one vote manipulation remaining. The village could technically win should one of the mafia go inactive, but that is unlikely and I'm not comfortable leading the village on with such a slim chance, so I am calling it now.
    Host Notes

Design Document
    Role Assignments
    Role PMs

You are the Steam Administrator (vigilante).

With the Gaben fallen, you must secure the supremacy of Steam in the games marketplace. Rally the Steam Community and destroy those who wish to break your stranglehold on the digital marketplace.

As Administrator, each night you may select a player to remove them from the community.

Win condition: Eliminate the Gamestop Employees and all other threats to the Steam Community.

-

You are Steam Community Manager (seer).

Usually, your day is comprised of dealing with inappropriate tags on games. Today, your job is to locate those among the Steam Community ranks who wish to put you out of a job.

Each night, you may trace the electronic signature of a player and learn their alignment.

Win condition: Eliminate the Gamestop Employees and all other threats to the Steam Community.

-

You are Steam Customer Support (guard).

Typically, your job is to stonewall Steam users looking for refunds. Now, your job is to stonewall those who wish to do harm to those who buy your games and keep your job in existence.

Each night, you may place a firewall around a player and protect them from all attacks. You cannot use this ability on yourself.

Win condition: Eliminate the Gamestop Employees and all other threats to the forums.

-

You are the Gamestop Employees.

Steam has been eating your lunch on the digital plane. While you still dominate the used games market with excellent trade-in rates and customer support, the time has come to increase your market share. The higher-ups have tasked you with infiltrating the Steam Community and bringing it down.

Each night, as a group, you may select two players to remove from the Steam Community. Take care, for as your numbers dwindle, so will your power.

Additionally, each Gamestop Employees gets a one-time use +1 vote manipulation.

Win Condition: Make victory inevitable by outnumbering the Steam Community and eliminating any players that can harm you. Possession of cards or badges are not considered when determining if the endgame condition is met.

-

You are Origin (Cantide) and Uplay (Heffling).

Forever in Steam’s shadow, your electronic marketplace is primarily the domain of your own games that can usually be found on Steam anyway. With Gamestop making a move to unseat Steam from its throne, now is the opportunity to remove the old guard and establish a new order.

Each night, you may collectively remove one player from the Steam Community.

Win condition: You are the Serial Killers. Eliminate players, village and mafia, until at least one of you is one of five or fewer players still alive.
    Vote Tally
    Master Spreadsheet
    Card Distribution

First, a big thank you to @cj iwakura for the excellent narrations and a big thank you to @Infidel who looked over the mechanics prior to the game launching.

I try to include mechanics in my phallas that keep the regular village more involved. In the past, I've done this with extra daily votes. This time, I kept it to one vote, but positioning on the vote could lead to boons. The hope was that this would keep the village active while also providing an opportunity for both the mafia (with their one-time vote manipulation) and village to ride on bandwagons to try and manipulate vote numbers to ensure they landed on the second-place winner. Unfortunately, this never panned out due to a combination of inactivity and, from what I could see, little desire to take advantage of the mechanic in that way.

That is not to say no badges were created. Gizzy managed to craft a Silver (seer) badge, which is how they found Cantide, but this quickly led to me realize how this could get out of hand since villagers were uninterested in crafting their own badges or lacked the time to build networks to trade cards. Some changes I would make to a future version of this would be to prevent the continuous crafting of badges by a single player. It ended up not affecting this game very much due to low activity, but in a more active and larger game Gizzy would have had a continuous stream of cards and bonus powers. Ways to limit this include not allowing specials to craft badges and/or limiting the number of badges you can have to one at any given time in conjunction with a cooldown on badge crafting.

Another point of contention could be the number of mafia. 6 was the default, but the expansion to 32 put it on the border of an extra mafioso. I had guessed that cards would play more of an impact, so I plugged in the seventh mafioso. The use of cards ended up being lower than expected. The village did have a hard time pinning the mafia down and had trouble leveraging the strength of the fairly large seer-confirmed network (for the size game) due to real-life concerns. The Serial Killers ended up doing a significant portion of the heavy lifting in winnowing the mafia ranks.

Thank you to all of the players, and I hope you enjoyed the game! I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

These days, it is difficult to get main phallas up and running, so I'm thinking of semi-continuously running vanilla minis to build momentum during downtime. Keep an eye out!

Baidol on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Cantide wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Cantide wrote: »
    I feel like Bedlam has been playing differently than usual this game and now hes got that one off vote on phyphor

I was actually just about to say the same thing, after looking at the voting records. Once Dragon's bandwagon had a bunch of votes on it, Bedlam might have decided it was safer to waste a vote on a mafia member than join a lynching he knew would be village.
    This is literally the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

Mafia love to sheep in wagons. I prefer to think for myself.

OBJECTION

(I'm at work and also too lazy to go finding a Phoenix Wright gif, so please imagine one here)

Mafia do this sort of thing all the time. As evidence, take a look at the voting records for the last non-faction Phalla around here, "A is for [phalla]". I didn't participate in this particular game, and knew nothing about it, and yet...

Voting records (updated slightly to add the surviving mafia):
    Preda wrote: »
    Damn I'm late and that happens...

Count. Day till 3 Were done by gizzy.

Day 1

3 vertroue - Phyphor, JusticeforPluto, Smoove Operator
    2 Matev - MrT, SLyM,
    2 Gizzy - netgremlin, Discrider
    2 Smoove Operator - Ebum, jdarksun
    2 ObiFett - precisionk, Kime
    2 Phyphor - vertroue, McKid
    1 premium - Auralynx
    1 Langly - TRV
    1 SLyM - precisionk, AustinP
    1 Ebum - LostNinja
    1 Auralynx - premium
    1 netgremlin - Gizzy
    1 Jdarksun - Grunt’s Ghosts
    1 precisionk - ObiFett
    1 LostNinja - Deamonizual
    1 Kime - Cythraul
    0 TRV - Smoove Operator

Day 2

6 Jdarksun - Ebum, TRV, Gizzy, netgremlin, Dragon, AustinP, LostNinja , McKid
    3 TRV - Langly, Jdarksun, Grunt’s Ghosts
    3 Ebum - MrT, JusticeforPluto, premium
    3 Dragon - Kime, Auralynx, Ebum
    2 JusticeforPluto - Discrider, Matev
    2 AustinP - Phyphor, SLyM
    1 Phyphor - AustinP
    0 Smoove Operator - netgremlin

Day 3

6 McKid - premium, Phyphor, netgremlin, JusticforPluto, Grunt’s Ghosts, Dragon,
    5 Dragon - MrT, Smoove Operator, Kime, Discrider, Auralynx, McKid
    2 LostNinja - precisionk, Gizzy
    1 JusticeforPluto - LostNinja ,
    1 Gizzy - AustinP
    1 Discrider - Matev
    1 netgremlin - Smoove Operator, Auralynx
    0 MrT - Discrider

Day 4

6 netgremlin - Smoove Operator (4), AustinP (6), LostNinja (8), JfP (11), Gizzy (12), Phyphor (13),
    2 LostNinja - premium (5), Gizzy (7), Dragon (9),
    1 Dragon - precisionk (1),
    1 Gizzy - netgremlin (3),
    1 Kime- Matev (10),
    0 premium - Gizzy (2),

Not voted: Kime

Day 5

4 LostNinja - precisionk (2), AustinP (4), JfP (5), premium (6),
    2 JfP- Kime (3), LostNinja (7),
    0 premium - LostNinja (1),

Not Voted: Phyphor, Dragon

Boy, look at all those examples of red names avoiding the daily bandwagons. I guess someone should tell discrider, precisionk, MrTLicious, AustinP0027, and premium that their victory that game was invalid, because apparently they were frequently doing literally the dumbest thing ever.

I literally enjoy frequently doing the dumbest thing ever.

Also lost opportunity to make the Seer VAC IMO @Baidol :P.

• Options
    Thanks for hosting, Baidol

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    When else did the mafia use their vote manipulations? I remember night 2 (I think it was night 2 anyway) when it saved dragon, but with three left shouldn't they have had at least 2 left if they each got one, not 1?

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    @Gizzy

Why?!?!?!?! :P

• Options
    Where was our extra +1 vm? Cyth and I used our vote manip last night, and Deamon used his to kill aura.

Steam
  • Options
    Ah, last minute shenanigans is why.

Nice work, cyth and DI

Steam
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting, Baidol.

• Options
    Thanks for ruining this Baidol. This was my first chance running as mafia and it was pretty fun if a lot more stressful than being a plain villager.

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Thanks for ruining this Baidol. This was my first chance running as mafia and it was pretty fun if a lot more stressful than being a plain villager.

Saving this for posterity.

It was fun getting to be an SK for the first time. I thought I had a good chance at victory there, but you can't fight a network call.

@Heffling is responsible for all our awesome mafia targeting, though I did correctly identify Cythraul as one the day I died (I changed my target to Gizzy because I wanted to reduce the number of kills going around, but still).

• Options
    Wow, I was hoping there was only one Mafia left. Seeing three is a little disheartening (even before knowing about the vote manip power).

Thanks for hosting Baidol!

Maybe if I hadn't picked only villagers to seer, things might have gone a little differently.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    When Sir Fab and I died day 1, I knew mafia was full of regulars.

Well played.

Thanks for hosting @Baidol

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting.

Way to go mafia! Next stop, pre-orders for all!

• Options
    Figure I will torture myself one last time to get the final vote count posted from mobile.
    Day 1
    Kwoaru [5] - Cythraul (23), Dragon6860 (24), Raiden333 (25), JusticeforPluto (27), KetBra(33)
    Sir Fabulous [4] - (1), 38thDoe (6)(13), Kwoaru (21), jdarksun (31), Auralynx (32)
    Auralynx [3] - premium (14), simulacrum (18), chamberlain (19), Kwoaru (20)
    JusticeforPluto [3] - SLyM (8), Phyphor (23), MrTLicious (26)
    KetBra [2] - JPants (11), AustinP0027 (12)
    premium [2] - Zombie Hero (9), schuss (15)
    Phyphor [2] - Sir Fabulous (5), Wildcat (29)
    Zombie Hero [1] - gizzy (3), LostNinja (10)
    JPants [1] - Assuran (2)
    LostNinja [1] - Cantide (4)
    schuss [1] - Heffling (7)
    gizzy [1] - Bedlam (17)
    Preda [1] - JaysonFour (22)
    Cantide [1] - DeamonIzual (28)
    chamberlain [1] - LostNinja (30)
    JaysonFour [0] - Kwoaru (16)

Not voted: Preda, McKid, DasUberEdward,

Day 2
    Dragon6860 [8] - Wildcat (1), DasUberEdward (2), Auralynx (13), Zombie Hero (14), JPants (15), schuss (16), chamberlain (22), McKid (23)
    Auralynx [8] - Bedlam (5), Cantide (7), Raiden333 (9), simulacrum (10), JusticeforPluto (12), Phyphor (18), premium (24), gizzy (25)
    Raiden333 [6] - LostNinja (4), Heffling (11), AustinP0027 (17), DeamonIzual (19), Cythraul (20), 38thDoe (21)
    JusticeforPluto [1] - Preda (3)
    DasUberEdward [1] - SLyM (6)
    SLyM [1] - schuss (8)

Did not vote: Dragon6860, jdarksun, KetBra

Day 3
    Dragon6860 [9] - Preda (1), Heffling (2), AustinP0027 (3), McKid (4), DasUberEdward (6), chamberlain (9), Raiden333 (11), gizzy (16), JusticeforPluto (17)
    DasUberEdward [5] - JPants (8), SLyM (10), DeamonIzual (12), Zombie Hero (13), JusticeforPluto (14), Dragon6860 (15)
    Phyphor [1] - Bedlam (7)
    Preda [0] - Dragon6860 (5),

Did not vote: KetBra, jdarksun, Cantide, Cythraul, 38thDoe, premium

Day 4
    Bedlam [3] - premium (2), Cantide (3), McKid (13), gizzy (15)
    JusticeforPluto [2] - Heffling (1), Preda (4), DeamonIzual (11)
    Preda [2] - Heffling (5), JusticeforPluto (12)
    premium [1] - Zombie Hero (6)
    Cythraul [1] - JPants (7)
    DasUberEdward [1] - AustinP0027 (8)
    SLyM [1] - Cythraul (9)
    Heffling [1] - Bedlam (14)
    Cantide [0] - Bedlam (10)

Did not vote: 38thDoe, SLyM

Day 5
    Cantide [8] - gizzy (4), AustinP0027 (5), Zombie Hero (6), JusticeforPluto (7), McKid (8), DeamonIzual (9), SLyM (10), Cythraul (11)
    Preda [1] - premium (1)
    Cythraul [1] - Preda (2)
    premium [1] - Cantide (3)

Day 6
    Cythraul [4] - Preda (1), McKid (2), AustinP0027 (4), premium (8)
    Preda [4] - Cythraul (3), SLyM (5), Zombie Hero (7), DeamonIzual (9)
    McKid [1] - DeamonIzual (6)

• Options
    Nice game, close ending. Damn SK duo was on the money this one!

Thanks for hosting, Baidol. Looking forward to more vanilla runs :D

Steam
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Shout out to @JPants for helping me keep on point while IRL stuff kept me pretty distracted from the game. Sorry I never got a chance to connect you with the rest of the network.

This was my first time ever being a normal vig. That was fun! I was super paranoid about giving away the network so communicated very little in thread. I could def use some tips for if I get the same role in the future.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Any mafia proboards?

• Options
    I think @chamberlain is the only one that can unlock them

Steam
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Alas, the game was lost as soon as the two most skilled players were offed by the mafia the very first night.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Baidol February 4
    You are Origin (Cantide) and Uplay (Heffling).

Forever in Steam’s shadow, your electronic marketplace is primarily the domain of your own games that can usually be found on Steam anyway. With Gamestop making a move to unseat Steam from its throne, now is the opportunity to remove the old guard and establish a new order.

Each night, you may collectively remove one player from the Steam Community.

Win condition: You are the Serial Killers. Eliminate players, village and mafia, until at least one of you is one of five or fewer players still alive.

Cantide February 5
    Any thoughts on who we should kill? Maybe it's dumb, but I'd prefer to go after someone who's being inactive; I hate taking someone who seems to be having fun out on day 1.

Heffling February 5
    Jayson Four
    He's being quiet and unvoted upon.

Cantide February 5
    Sounds good to me.

You know, I don't think I've ever gotten to be a serial killer before. This will be fun :D

Heffling February 5
    Same for me.

Heffling February 6
    I recommend hitting Schuss tonight. He's free and clear from votes, and from yesterday seems to have a posting restriction.

Cantide February 6
    Sure, I can go with that.

Looks like the Auralynx bandwagon is picking up steam, and somehow I'm the face of it. My reasoning was sincere, but I think I'd almost prefer if he dies village; if people remember that I'm terrible at finding mafia, the bad guys are more likely to let me survive to the end. :p

Heffling February 6
    Or the village will go for you. =-(

Heffling February 8
    Any thoughts on tonight? I'm basically pulling names out of a hat, but would hit Phyphor as he hasn't been very active.

Baidol February 8
    In the future, I would appreciate a firm target, even if it is just a placeholder.

Heffling February 9
    Noted. Today's target is DasUberEdward.

Cantide February 9
    Alright. If it looks like the vote will get him, I recommend we switch our target to Bedlam. His one off vote on Phyphor (good call there btw) last night stands out to me. It was just after the bandwagon on Dragon6860 hit full steam, so he might have decided he could safely throw a one off vote on a fellow mafia member.

Heffling February 9
    I'll keep an eye on the vote and if things drastically change, I will shift over to Bedlam.

Cantide February 10
    Today's target is Cythraul.

Cantide February 10
    Correction: today's target is Gizzy.

Baidol February 10
    Order received.

We almost nailed 3. I felt pretty good about getting vig'd by both the village and mafia at the same time. I know why the village hit me, because I wasn't communicating about Gizzy as I had no cards. In retrospect, I should have asked @Cantide what he knew about them.

I enjoyed the game and look forward to more in the future.

• Options
    edited February 2016

Argh. Totally didn't look at the numbers to realize that SlyM was village. I thought it was the villagers I had network (preda, premium, mckid, and myself) against 3 mafia with vote manip meaning we couldn't have won.

Really makes me wish I had pushed harder for a bigger network. I was pinging greens every night so all we could do was pull in another known villager. Really would have been nice to hit a red just once.

Edit: Really kicking myself now too. I missed being able to use seer on Day 2 because my phone didn't actually send the PM order. If I had, would have been one more villager gotten in, and probably would have had the full village together on day 6 there, which would have tied the vote.

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting Baidol! I enjoyed the game, though it was sad to see so many inactives (but hey shit happens. And sometimes it happens a lot)

The card mechanic was cool but the idea of trying for it seemed self defeating IMO. Since you have to try to get on the second place wagon it defeats the purpose of voting to kill someone you think is mafia. And if everyone tried to go for it then you would have all kinds of shenanigans to get into second place which would accidently drive people you didn't want into first. So it works as a sort of runner up prize but not as the main goal.

Also I fully believe that more people hosting simple games will help the community better than worrying about the uniqueness or complexity of the mechanics involved so good on those who are willing to help out. I definitely want to try and host again but that involves so real life stuff going my way, which will hopefully be soon :)

I was confused about inactivus deaths. Didn't Reteba sign up as a replacement? I thought there were a couple others as well but that might have been misremembering.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Thanks for hosting Baidol! I enjoyed the game, though it was sad to see so many inactives (but hey shit happens. And sometimes it happens a lot)

The card mechanic was cool but the idea of trying for it seemed self defeating IMO. Since you have to try to get on the second place wagon it defeats the purpose of voting to kill someone you think is mafia. And if everyone tried to go for it then you would have all kinds of shenanigans to get into second place which would accidently drive people you didn't want into first. So it works as a sort of runner up prize but not as the main goal.

Also I fully believe that more people hosting simple games will help the community better than worrying about the uniqueness or complexity of the mechanics involved so good on those who are willing to help out. I definitely want to try and host again but that involves so real life stuff going my way, which will hopefully be soon :)

I was confused about inactivus deaths. Didn't Reteba sign up as a replacement? I thought there were a couple others as well but that might have been misremembering.

That was the card's intent; to make the vote more interesting. If you have a large bandwagon on one player, do you move off to try and secure a spot on the second-place? Does that compromise the security of the first-place vote? Does the card incentive encourage the winnowing of the number of wagons, the creation of lots of smaller wagons until the end, or have no effect?

For reserves, there were some that did not respond to my PMs asking if they were still willing to step in. Retaba did reserve, but I missed that, so perhaps Retaba could have come in.

• Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Thanks again for the hosting! Been forever since I got a chance to play some Phalla!

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner