As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, February 12, 2016 - Hope Springfields Eternal

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, February 12, 2016 - Hope Springfields Eternal

Hope Springfields Eternal

Hope Springfields Eternal

http://campcomic.com/comic/290

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    I feel like you guys have done a lot of research on Rick Springfield.

• Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    Those signs are like flypaper...

edited February 2016
    http://youtu.be/ruJi66lEjVE

Edit: I could actually see Rick Springfield this weekend if I wanted. I don't, but hey, I guess he's still going.

briguy on
  • AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Yeah, shortly after the first time we featured the Rick Springfield memoir, he landed a part in the second season of True Detective, and then a co-starring role in a movie with Meryl Streep. I'm pretty sure it was a result of the heat he got from appearing in a Camp Weedonwantcha comic.

Clearly Hollywood is watching with bated breath to see who will appear in Camp W.
    You must only use this power for good.
    You know what you must do. There is after all only one person I know that can save those kids.

• Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    @briguy From the camp itself or from Malachi's overenthusiastic librarianship?

@Android 21 3/7 I think being saved from Malachi's enthusiasm takes priority.

• loocheeloochee Registered User new member
    I think Malachi is insane. Maybe that's why his mom left him here. He seems to be a little bit too unaware for it to just be a kid thing.

loochee wrote: »
    I think Malachi is insane. Maybe that's why his mom left him here. He seems to be a little bit too unaware for it to just be a kid thing.

I find him oddly endearing. Sure, he's a jerk and has a huge ego, but he's not all bad. He just gets really excited about things.
    He thinks Linus and the library are the coolest and wants everyone else to think so too.

He's a flawed person and his flaws are treated as such. It's refreshing.

Maybe I just have an affinity for broken things.

• DJFlare84DJFlare84 Registered User regular
    Yeah, Malachi's not insane. He's just a kid. These are things kids would say and do! With a little more adult honesty thrown in.

"I can't believe I almost risked your life for this!"

• FellowFellow Registered User regular
    I agree it's good the characters have flaws. I think because Malachai really wants to be successful he's seeing sucess where it isn't. It's also funnier this way and Camp Weedontwantcha is still a comedy strip.

• JachraJachra Registered User regular
    Hey Steve, I bet your girlfriend would like reading.

"We do not allow wizards to cast spells in our game, for that is the most unbalanced rule of all."