As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SWTOR] Next chapter of KotFE coming March 10: Disavowed

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Wait, what? There are consequences to dark side stuff? Someone please spoiler me!
    Koth walks if you let Firebrand go through with their bombing.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Huh, that is surprising! I guess it means he won't have as much presence in the rest of the storyline as I thought.

• EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Wait, what? There are consequences to dark side stuff? Someone please spoiler me!
    Koth walks if you let Firebrand go through with their bombing.

To expand a bit:
    If you lie to him about it and didn't blow up the reactor at the start he relents.

Koth related rant assuming you're caught up with the story so far:
    What sealed his fate for me though is he tried to take the gravestone first. Sorry, that goes beyond what I'll put up with. At any rate I take down the infrastructure of a city on one world while arcann's slaughtering whole worlds?

And you want to get sulky and cripple me koth...on top of his worship of a fascist emperor whose slaughtered countless lives..."He was always good to zakuul" kiss my arse...arg, a really frustrating character.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Well the main one I've read in spoilers so far is
    That Koth leaves after you get enough Zakuul citizens killed.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Okay daaaayum I looked it up on YouTube, too. Maybe something for my "not a TOTAL asshole but still coldly pragmatic" juggernaut.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    If you side with Lana during the escape in chapter 3 and let the Skytrooper factory melt down, it kills a lot of people and Koth is very not happy with you. You can be callous about it, or regretful; the latter will mollify him somewhat.

If you side with Valkorion during the confrontation with Arcann, you unleash an enormous blast of Force lightning that kills a lot of people trying to escape the Eternal Fleet's attack.

If you ask Valkorion for help enough times, during the confrontation with Arcann, you don't get a choice, he just unleashes the blast anyway. This hints that at future decision points he will similarly wrest control from you.

If you side with Kaliyo at the end of chapter 10 and not only disable the droids in the city but also destroy a lot of infrastructure to limit emergency services, Koth will get pissed at you and leave. You might have had to let the factory melt down back in chapter 3 to make sure he does if you've been nice to him a lot, though.

Shadowen on
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    If you side with Lana during the escape in chapter 3 and let the Skytrooper factory melt down, it kills a lot of people and Koth is very not happy with you. You can be callous about it, or regretful; the latter will mollify him somewhat.

If you side with Valkorion during the confrontation with Arcann, you unleash an enormous blast of Force lightning that kills a lot of people trying to escape the Eternal Fleet's attack.

If you ask Valkorion for help enough times, during the confrontation with Arcann, you don't get a choice, he just unleashes the blast anyway. This hints that at future decision points he will similarly wrest control from you.

If you side with Kaliyo at the end of chapter 10 and not only disable the droids in the city but also destroy a lot of infrastructure to limit emergency services, Koth will get pissed at you and leave. You might have had to let the factory melt down back in chapter 3 to make sure he does if you've been nice to him a lot, though.

Actually...
    I let the reactor melt down and went full dark with Kaliyo and he didn't leave. I also lied to him about the Kaliyo deal and rescued the people the Skytroopers were hunting in the swamp though as well as rescued his engineer, so maybe those played into him not leaving?

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    In my Agent play...
    The only thing I did that Koth found objectionable on my agent was go along with Kaliyo because...well, I mean, we're at war and crippling their home world seems like it will slow them down for a bit.

He still left.

It doesn't break my Agent's heart because he literally loves space Hitler and she was totally creeped out when Koth said to let Valkorian take possession of my body, more or less. My agent is romancing Lana, who seems pretty upset, but I don't think my agent will ever let him come back.

He can't be trusted when the chips actually fall and we have to invade.

Assuran on
  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    i pretty much told Koth if I see him again he'll be executed on the spot.

Can't tolerate the guy in my Alliance

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    How long is the new chapter? Is it comparable in length to the previous kotfe stuff, or just as long as one of those chapters? Because they were pretty short.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    As long as one of those chapters. So an hour or so.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    That pretty much blows. It's not worth me resubscribing for an extra hour of content.

• finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    Yeah I think it's probably more worth it to subscribe intermittently if you're mostly focused on doing story/single-player content.

That said, it does set up some interesting stuff.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to go forward with a policy of only continuing when there's 2-3 new chapters available.

Because like hell will I remember half of what has happened so far by the time the next chapter comes along.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I was so sure that the subsequent chapters would amount to more than 1 measly hour of content given the time between them. It saddens me deeply to hear that this is not so.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    There is really no point in staying subscribed for story purposes alone at this point. Take a break for a few months, come back and catch up, repeat.

Additional server character slots are 50% off this week, for everyone else who's running up against their character limit.

Oh yeah...I forgot they increased those to what, 40? Time to go shopping!

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I am an alt-a-holic but I think I would find it hard to use up more than my default 12 slots. Right now I've got 10 characters and realistically I could delete two since they are lowbies sitting on a dead server waiting for a rename. The only archetypes I don't have right now are the gunslinger/sniper or a guardian/jugg and I don't have a real strong urge to develop one of those since I use both my shadow and vanguard as tanks and don't really enjoy the DPS only classes. All the class stories have been gone through and I just have a couple of 50s that will eventually get worked up to 65 but that's not a big rush since there is no more unique class content aside from that one mission on Rishi.

What do people with 20+ characters use them for?

steam_sig.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Daimar wrote: »
    I am an alt-a-holic but I think I would find it hard to use up more than my default 12 slots. Right now I've got 10 characters and realistically I could delete two since they are lowbies sitting on a dead server waiting for a rename. The only archetypes I don't have right now are the gunslinger/sniper or a guardian/jugg and I don't have a real strong urge to develop one of those since I use both my shadow and vanguard as tanks and don't really enjoy the DPS only classes. All the class stories have been gone through and I just have a couple of 50s that will eventually get worked up to 65 but that's not a big rush since there is no more unique class content aside from that one mission on Rishi.

Crafting. Doing stories alternate ways. Mostly for having alts to do raids with - for example I have 2 guardians and a juggernaut, and I recently rolled a third guardian. They can share my raiding gear that's on my main because of Legacy gear.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Replaying the first 2 planets every time a friend decides to try the game out and makes their character before asking what server I play on.

steam_sig.png
    Cambiata wrote: »

Crafting. Doing stories alternate ways. Mostly for having alts to do raids with - for example I have 2 guardians and a juggernaut, and I recently rolled a third guardian. They can share my raiding gear that's on my main because of Legacy gear.

I don't raid, so it's mainly seeing story/advanced class alternates. Plus a few bank alts, and another few characters where I'm squatting on a name.

• PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    So the last SWTOR email I got came with a code for 1050 Cartel Coins for myself and a code for 1050 Cartel Coins for a friend (check your inboxes).

If anyone's interested:
    C665-XA7A-MU4Z-ZDQW

The "for a friend" thing is just a trial of Chapter 1 of KOTFE, right? Mine is, anyway.

No, the "friend" code is to get chapter one of KotFE without a subscription. Here's mine for anyone who wants to try it out:

3WQF-QNKY-3EFF-UGNW

• Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular

Spreading your characters across different servers/time zones helps with trying out different takes on the class stories. (And when the Red Eclipse/Harbinger goes down, or any of the other serfvers is running into problems.
    With the 90 coin transfers, getting your Legacy to other servers in Europe or America is also easy enough.

But that Legacy gear sure makes a difference. Having your fresh 65 only be relics, implants and an earpiece short of [good enough, top tier] PvP/PvE gear is pretty nice.
    And if you don't have a subscriber to queue with for PvP, having multiple characters of the same/mirror class can be useful for when you get the PvP cravings.

• PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    No, the "friend" code is to get chapter one of KotFE without a subscription. Here's mine for anyone who wants to try it out:

3WQF-QNKY-3EFF-UGNW

Whoops I can't read

Yet another KotFE Chapter 1 code: 57HM-483X-T3FQ-6UYU

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    EXZB-GKHF-8PZP-HSZA

• Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    PTS patch has been data mined . . .
    Lot of stuff. My personal 'Things of note',
    New WZ map called "Alliance Base Training Ground".
    You can now have spaces in your name. You must have at least 3 characters before and after each space.
    The whisper command now has a new format. Before you would use it as follows /whisper player_name message. Now you will have to do the following: /whisper player_name: message. This is to allow it to handle spaces in player names.
    PvE and PvP servers are being replaced with PvE and PvP instance types. You can now set your focus out of combat.

Sounds like "Better than cross servers" isn't too far off.

• AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Not giving two shits about Koth, is there anything I have to worry about avoiding that might make Senya leave?

I'm assuming that getting rid of Lana/Theron is near impossible if you're a goody-two-shoes like my main.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Astale wrote: »
    Not giving two shits about Koth, is there anything I have to worry about avoiding that might make Senya leave?

I'm assuming that getting rid of Lana/Theron is near impossible if you're a goody-two-shoes like my main.

Not yet, at least.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    /wanders in at the end of thread

Is it worth it to make an F2P account just to play through the storyline and nothing else?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

Is it worth it to make an F2P account just to play through the storyline and nothing else?

No, but its worth spending $5 to get the preferred status to play through the storylines. The F2P level is basically demo mode. Its good enough to get you to level 15 or so, but after that the UI restrictions on F2P just make it a pain in the ass. Spend the $5 to get a chunk of the UI restrictions removed, and its worth it.

PSN|AspectVoid
    AspectVoid wrote: »

No, but its worth spending $5 to get the preferred status to play through the storylines. The F2P level is basically demo mode. Its good enough to get you to level 15 or so, but after that the UI restrictions on F2P just make it a pain in the ass. Spend the $5 to get a chunk of the UI restrictions removed, and its worth it.

Is it a one-time $5 fee?

also I used to have an account but it probably got destroyed in the big migration thingy and fuck all if I remember the password

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular

Is it a one-time $5 fee?

also I used to have an account but it probably got destroyed in the big migration thingy and fuck all if I remember the password

Yeah, just spending $5 one time unlock preferred status and makes a HUGE difference.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

Is it a one-time $5 fee?

Everyone who was at one time a subscriber was given preferred status, so if you can remember/find your login credentials, you'll already have it. Otherwise, yeah, its a one time thing. Basically, if you spend any money at all you get preferred status, and the cheapest way is $5 of coins.

PSN|AspectVoid

Is it a one-time $5 fee?

Everyone who was at one time a subscriber was given preferred status, so if you can remember/find your login credentials, you'll already have it. Otherwise, yeah, its a one time thing. Basically, if you spend any money at all you get preferred status, and the cheapest way is $5 of coins.

I wasn't a subscriber lol, I just had the 15 day trial and was very turned off by the way everything was gated and how clunky combat felt after GW2 and ESO.

But I miss my character & how great the story was.

• WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular

Is it a one-time $5 fee?

I wasn't a subscriber lol, I just had the 15 day trial and was very turned off by the way everything was gated and how clunky combat felt after GW2 and ESO.

But I miss my character & how great the story was.

putting 5 bucks down is a great way to get more out of the game. Also, make sure to use someone's refer-a-friend code so you get more free stuffs. The game itself is much more streamlined than how it used to be, with a lot of the grindy sections being more optional.

253J736.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Another option is to just plop down $15 for one month of a subscription. That gives you preferred status when the sub ends, but also full access to all expansion content that's been released so far permanently, as well as $5 in Cartel Coins (the real money currency) to buy some convenience stuff when your sub runs out. Plus, for that one month, you're playing with all the benefits of a subscription: no credit cap, full access to flashpoint/quest loot, level 1 sprint and level 10 speeders, and more.

Crippl3 on
This discussion has been closed.