As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Firefox Thread

124»

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    varland wrote: »
    sonictk wrote: »
    Why would you remove the search bar? Instant wiki access is so awesome.

:wi <search term>
    :g <search term>

I'm going to be whoring out VIMPERATOR for the remainder of the thread. Start loving it, baby.

:g? I just have anything not a URL or a keyword search entered into the address bar take me to a google search page.
    In about about:config, keyword.URL = http://www.google.com/search?ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&q=

Sure, you can't use any searches that start with a word directly followed by a colon, but other than that, it's extremely convenient.

Frem on
  • Options
    flatlinegraphicsflatlinegraphics Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Lach wrote: »
    Web Developer is a godsend for web developers!

seriously!

+ firebug
    + yslow - track request times, find out why a page is taking so damned long to load.
    + measureIt - measures pixel distances. absolutely wonderful for css positioning.
    + colorzilla - eyedropper sample colors in hex.

at home
    the above
    + flashblock
    + downThemAll

flatlinegraphics on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My firefox
    picture4re7.png

adblockplus
    foxytunes - win
    chromatabs - gives tabs diff. color, but some one every time
    locationbar - highlights the actual domain you're at so you don't get tricked. grays out rest of it
    mousegestures
    some theme
    All In One Sidebar - puts all bookmarks, download manager, addons menus on the left like opera

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    SilvoculousSilvoculous Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Firefox on my external drive has these extensions:

Adblock Plus
    All-in-One Sidebar (essential)
    Download Statusbar (obvious)
    Duplicate Tab
    Fast Video Download (this one actually works)
    FlashGot
    ForecastFox
    IE Tab
    Image Zoom
    Speed Dial
    SpiderZilla (downloads full webpages)
    Stealther (good, especially for Firefox Portable)
    Tab Control
    URL Fixer

Silvoculous on
  • Options
    LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I used to like chroma tab, but it only works when I hover the mouse over tabs, which is irritating and not that great. Kind of lags the GUI.

Anyone know if there's a way to turn off image zooming? That's gotta be the most retarded thing, and it doesn't even use a quality scaling algorithm. When I look at an image, I want to see the image, not some shitty nearest-neighbor shrunk version.

LoneIgadzra on
  • Options
    varlandvarland Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I used to like chroma tab, but it only works when I hover the mouse over tabs, which is irritating and not that great. Kind of lags the GUI.

Anyone know if there's a way to turn off image zooming? That's gotta be the most retarded thing, and it doesn't even use a quality scaling algorithm. When I look at an image, I want to see the image, not some shitty nearest-neighbor shrunk version.

about:config -> filter -> browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing -> change to false

varland on
  • Options
    TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Whoever mentioned "All in One Sidebar" the Opera sidebar thingie for Firefox. :^:

I'd also recommend "Fancy Numbered Tabs". It replaces the "Close" button with a number that corresponds to the Alt+Number that a keyboard press would open the tab.

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)