As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Year Is 3029. All The World Is Ruled By The McElroy [Podcast] Empire.

WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
edited February 2016 in Social Entropy++
The Earth has changed. The surface is mostly ravaged by the armies of My Brother, My Brother, and Me. All three have carved out chunks of Africa, Asia, and the European subcontinent. The Sheetz MegaCorp has purchased the formerly United Kingdom and brought it under its branding.

Australia, now known as CoolGames, Inc., produces armies of robots with the face of Gordon Ramsey. They are all very wobbly, as they contracted production out to the Surgeon Simulator team.

All live under the watchful eyes of the Quality Control Board. No one else is allowed to podcast.

Somewhere in the heart of The Adventure Zone, once the North American continent, a withered hand clutches a microphone.

With trembling lips, the figure breathes softly.

"Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over."

WeedLordVegeta on

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I'm afraid the ghost Chincy will haunt me forever, as I was unable to get him busted in time.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    he'll come back as the white ranger, don't worry

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    TIME TO POWER RANGERS TALK: 4 POSTS

In the far future when we're finally doing Turbo and I have become miserly and bitter, he will appear to warn me of visits from the Ghosts of Rangers Past, Present, and Future.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    SoloBolo: Hamilton Edition dropping tomorrow

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Damn it, we can do better.

We can be faster.

sig.gif
    SimBen wrote: »

We can be stronger than before.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Beast crew playing some American Truck Simulator in a little over an hour from now.

We can be stronger than before.

goooo zeeeeo

sig.gif
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    30ftirckrkwp.jpeg

Damn.

godmode on
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Getting hype for solo bolo trolo

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I think Jeff talked me out of buying SFV for kind of a while

Did you know there isn't even an arcade mode with character endings right now

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    He just missed the date on the price of the Season Pass going from 30 bucks to 50 bucks

He said it was effective yesterday but it is actually March 1st

He also bonered the amount of content in the season pass, despite the price not adding up. The rest of the Bombcast had to step and and sleuth that out. I've never played a Fallout game and I have no interest in this DLC, and I still knew more about it than Brd, who's job is literally to report on that stuff for the segment.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

There is the story mode if you want the usually little story sequences that arcade mode had.

And then there is survival mode if you want to grind against the CPU.

I don't really see what having an arcade mode on top of that would add, of course, I generally don't see any point in playing against the CPU at all, so.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

If you are not satisfied with just learning Street Fighter itself and playing against other people, do not buy Street Fighter V until at least March, and probably not even til June

6F32U1X.png
    Inquisitor wrote: »

There is the story mode if you want the usually little story sequences that arcade mode had.

I don't really see what having an arcade mode on top of that would add, of course, I generally don't see any point in playing against the CPU at all, so.

Wait now I'm confused.

If the Story Mode has arcade-like character story intros and endings, doesn't that make it the same thing as an Arcade Mode?

Or is it just that none of that stuff is character-specific?

sig.gif

Wait now I'm confused.

If the Story Mode has arcade-like character story intros and endings, doesn't that make it the same thing as an Arcade Mode?

It's a little different, each character's current story mode is anywhere between 2-4 fights, and basically goes story sequence-fight-story sequence-fight etc.

Arcade mode in the past would be 10 fights, and maybe in fight 7 you'd have a special fight against your rival with a different intro conversation, and then before the boss maybe something else, and then a little story tidbit for beating the mode.

Personally I don't miss arcade mode at all. I'm not playing this game in an arcade so I don't need my 100 yen to last ten fights.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    the big difference i understood is that it's incredibly short

like, 2-4 single-round fights short

Speed Racer on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular

Wait now I'm confused.

It's a little different, each character's current story mode is anywhere between 2-4 fights, and basically goes story sequence-fight-story sequence-fight etc.

Arcade mode in the past would be 10 fights, and maybe in fight 7 you'd have a special fight against your rival with a different intro conversation, and then before the boss maybe something else, and then a little story tidbit for beating the mode.

Personally I don't miss arcade mode at all. I'm not playing this game in an arcade so I don't need my 100 yen to last ten fights.

Oh okay, yeah. That seems like a suitable substitute until they whip out the full story mode.

sig.gif
    You could finish every character's story mode in 2 hours

6F32U1X.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I think I'm about to drop Match 3. Their wider forays into pop culture have mostly been into pop music, which doesn't interest me. Ironically I want to drop a podcast so I have more time to listen to music though.

the big difference i understood is that it's incredibly short

like, 2-4 single-round fights short

Though it has about ~10x as much story content as your old SF arcade mode had, so it's short but very story dense. But yeah I managed to go through all the current story stuff in a couple hours, admittedly I mashed through most of the text and fight intros because I didn't really care and just wanted the fight money for finishing those modes.

But like I said, if you want to grind fights against the CPU you can do survival.

Also the actual story in each story mode is unbelievably bad

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »

Well it's a fighting game so yeah.

Good god the number of times I have had to work my way through so much stupid story bullshit in an Aksys game to unlock a character...

I'd be plenty happy to never see another story mode in a fighting game ever again.

Well it is a fighting game.

Even when you have a "good" story mode as in MK it really just means "cool".

sig.gif
    The best story moments in all of Street Fighter V's story right now
    - Ken wears a tux

- Birdie doesn't like hats

- Sakura is there

6F32U1X.png
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    *greatjob* WLV

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    "Do I get wolves? Do I get new wolves???"

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    The best story moments in all of Street Fighter V's story right now
    - Ken wears a tux

- Birdie doesn't like hats

- Sakura is there

You missed
    Muscle Spirit

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    guilty xrd's story mode is actually a pretty decent anime movie

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    XtYOjpn.jpg

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    Trying to 'cast from the tablet, womp womp. Kinda works from the chat page but reeeeeal hitchy.

Twitch isn't loading?

Might go to the desktop.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Totally Reprise Episode 3: Surfer Saiyan
    Ashley and Molly are joined by Mike of Teenagers With Attitude to discuss a relaxing episode about the spies on vacation. Except not really. Instead they discuss: Whoop Travel Agents, improper hula dancing, Henchmen LARPing and the phrase "gotta get that boy, gotta get that butt."

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    Kilroy wrote: »

Nope, not even close to convinced it's anything besides super creepo x1000 forever.

sig.gif
    On the other hand, I am ALL THE WAY READY FOR TRUCKS NOW.

sig.gif
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.