As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Thread About Interesting Facts For Interested Individuals

1939495969799»

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    How about, call your local police? Or request to the management of the business he's parked at to call their contracted towing service?

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    just block him in, at that point rules no longer apply.

I guarantee you a shithead like this would try to back over your car unless it was a Hummer or similarly big. In which case you'd likely have a smashed windshield. You'd be better off chucking potatoes in those exhaust pipes.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    honestly one look at that truck is all i need to know to assume the following:

you try to make a citizens arrest and you better be prepared to physically defend yourself

guy probably has a gun on him

parking your car behind his just means he is going to try to monster truck your car

Al_wat on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    the truck doesn't look high enough to actually make it over a normal sedan they're jsut slam into your side window. It is also probably their baby so they probably wouldn't want to risk damaging it, more likely they'd drive onto the grass.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    whoever breaks that asshole's car is doing the world a service

casually key the shit out of it next time you walk by

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Put a banana in his tail pipe.

And a peel in front of his tire just in case he finds the banana in the tail pipe.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    I'm not sure this is the place to put this, but apparently, my town is now home to the goosiest parker

12670475_902366893211023_1175236629980449766_n.jpg?oh=53677265f310349c97f64dc5b4c5ffc7&oe=575979C7

This isn't the first time he's been caught doing this....
    12715261_10154029646312340_7129130318732895476_n.jpg?oh=66b964377f518b9020c863fe7f48227a&oe=57638EA4

1780781_10153790040498536_5253670853876398811_n.jpg?oh=52e3defcd558e98289b401b10f4c8482&oe=57267F97

To bad he doesn't have a set of truck nuts dangling from the back, it would be the cherry on top of this goose sundae.

Six ounces of thermite, that's all you need to destroy his engine block and he'll never do it again.

Well that's an unexpected flashback to the forum days of old.

Is it unexpected? Is it really?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »
    whoever breaks that asshole's car is doing the world a service

casually key the shit out of it next time you walk by
    Do not do this

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

you try to make a citizens arrest and you better be prepared to physically defend yourself

parking your car behind his just means he is going to try to monster truck your car

due to colour of the plates and there being a tim hortons and the brand of movie theatre i think this is in Ontario, which means odds are he doesn't have a gun on him.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Leave a sternly worded letter expressing your profound disappointment in his character.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Leave a sternly worded letter expressing your profound disappointment in his character.

It's what the United Nations would want you to do.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular

it is immensely charitable of you to assume that the person who drives that truck can read.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular

it is immensely charitable of you to assume that the person who drives that truck can read.

Leave a sternly illustrated letter expressing your profound disappointment in his character.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular

I was gonna take umbrage with this, realized all my friends who can read drive normal trucks, think back to all the goons who I've cut contact with over the years that drove obnoxious trucks like this, yeah you're right.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    IMO the best, legal, non-confrontational approach would be to anonymously send the photos to the local newspaper, if there is one.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

due to colour of the plates and there being a tim hortons and the brand of movie theatre i think this is in Ontario, which means odds are he doesn't have a gun on him.

Tangentially related, around where I'm at in Nova Scotia I have seen more than one "This Vehicle is Protected by Smith&Wesson" bumper stickers and window stickers on trucks.

Now, this being Canada, it is not a simple thing to own a pistol at all, and it is comprehensively illegal to keep one in your truck, so does one of those stickers constitute probable cause for a police officer to search your vehicle?

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular

oh good catch

yeah probably no gun, then. At least not holstered and ready to fire.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I'm not sure this is the place to put this, but apparently, my town is now home to the goosiest parker

12670475_902366893211023_1175236629980449766_n.jpg?oh=53677265f310349c97f64dc5b4c5ffc7&oe=575979C7

12715261_10154029646312340_7129130318732895476_n.jpg?oh=66b964377f518b9020c863fe7f48227a&oe=57638EA4

1780781_10153790040498536_5253670853876398811_n.jpg?oh=52e3defcd558e98289b401b10f4c8482&oe=57267F97

To bad he doesn't have a set of truck nuts dangling from the back, it would be the cherry on top of this goose sundae.

Six ounces of thermite, that's all you need to destroy his engine block and he'll never do it again.

Or I can name a bunch of things around the house to have some real fun
    O the things they showed me in counter insurgency mos
    SO many unhelpful things

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Where is the far side

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular

I can't even remember the forumer who claimed to do it so yes, yes it is.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my friends and I used to fuck around with thermite in high school but I don't think we ever used it on any cars

• Options
    edited February 2016
    the truck doesn't look high enough to actually make it over a normal sedan they're jsut slam into your side window. It is also probably their baby so they probably wouldn't want to risk damaging it, more likely they'd drive onto the grass.

yeah that's just a body lift, not a suspension lift

that's one of the many ways you can tell this person is a fuckin' schmuck

Shorty on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    So you guys know the MGM lion? Y'know, the one who roars at the beginning of every MGM film?

He first did that in the beginning of White Shadows in the South Seas, a film which I'm assuming is as racist as it sounds, released in 1928. At this point in time, the lion, named Jackie, was the second MGM lion.

That's right, he had been preceded by Slats, the only MGM lion to never roar. He just looked around in the logo, because roaring would be, well, kind of lost on the audience in silent era films.

Furthermore, Jackie is not the MGM lion that you're familiar with (most likely). Jackie only served as the MGM lion until 1956, and even then, only at the beginning of black and white films. Jackie was not also exclusively used for roaring at the beginning of films, and had many appearances actually in films, most notably in a series of 1930s Tarzan films.

In addition to Slats and Jackie, there were five other MGM lions. There was Telly, who appeared on color films released between 1927 and 1932, Coffee, who did color films released between 1932 and 1934, and Tanner, who did color films from 1934 to 1956. So with a few exceptions, if your film was in color, you got Tanner, and if it was in black and white, you got Jackie.

Tanner and Jackie were replaced by George, who only ran from 1956-1959. He wasn't super notable, but has the largest mane of the any of the MGM lions. He was ultimately replaced by Leo, who has been the MGM lion ever since. He's the one that you're probably the most familiar with, but he might not be the one that you've heard. The roar has been repeatedly remixed and sampled, and not just with other lion roars - there's apparently a lot of tiger in it as well.

Anyways, here's a video history of these lions. They're all shockingly different, both in terms of sound and appearance, so even if you can't pick out which one is which, you can tell that there are changes being made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAprxJ7KvjY

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Huh. That's neat.

• Options
    so y'all are familiar with the Twenty-Seventh Amendment to the US Constitution, which states that congressional pay raises cannot take effect until the next legislative session, I'm sure

on its own, it is not terribly interesting

HOWEVER

the ratification process for this amendment took over two hundred years

see, originally the Bill of Rights, what we know as the first 10 amendments, was actually 12 amendments

two of them were not ratified back in the 18th century, and because Congress didn't set a time limit for this process, those two orphan amendments sat in bureaucratic limbo

eventually, in 1982, one undergrad in Texas, by the name of Gary Watson, wrote a paper after discovering that it was still technically possible for either of those amendments to be ratified and entered into the constitution

after writing the paper and being told the idea was "infeasible", he started writing letters to state legislatures

and one by one, they began to ratify--the ratification process was thought completed on May 7th, 1992 by Michigan, but it turned out that Kentucky had ratified the amendment in 1792 out of protest to some constitutional act or another, and so was technically finished two days before, on May 5th, by Missouri

Congress was not pleased, but who cares, they're the worst

oh, and that paper Watson wrote?

he got a C- on it

I very much hope he sent a newspaper clipping to that professor in 1992

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    What was the other orphaned amendment?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited February 2016
    a solution to the problem of how many total members of the House of Representatives there should be

it's not likely to be ratified since it's meant to fix a problem that Congress eventually took care of on its own

e: you can read the text here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_Apportionment_Amendment

Shorty on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/24OPDiqr6VA

@chrishallett83 saw this and immediately thought of you

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    a solution to the problem of how many total members of the House of Representatives there should be

it's not likely to be ratified since it's meant to fix a problem that Congress eventually took care of on its own

e: you can read the text here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_Apportionment_Amendment

That said, the House should probably be larger, as the size has not increased since 1913. One solution is the Wyoming Rule, but it has flaws of its own.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

I can't even remember the forumer who claimed to do it so yes, yes it is.

You wound me, Will, right to the quick.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    huh I thought the number of house representatives was supposed to be proportional to each state's population

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    huh I thought the number of house representatives was supposed to be proportional to each state's population

The distribution is. This means when some states grow, states that held even lose reps.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

The distribution is. This means when some states grow, states that held even lose reps.

ah that makes more sense

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I watch ALL of those. Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren, Bugatti, Lotus, Bentley, Koenigsegg, all of them... Probably more than I should!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

What I am always amazed in high end cars is how hand made they are

This discussion has been closed.