As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fire Emblem Fates: Shipping Spreadsheet Edition

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Yeah...the first mission in Conquest probably required more tactical thinking than most of Awakening.

Enemies being able to pair up is a game changer.

Dragkonias on
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    i have more VERSION questions

if you buy digital do you get to choose your path, or do you still have to choose it beforehand when you buy the game

You have to buy a version upfront

You can't just download Fire Emblem Fates and then choose Birthright or Conquest at the split point, even though that's 100% what they should've done

it is what they did in japan

I'm not sure why its different here

Maybe they had a flood of support calls about changing which path you picked so they wanted to make it clearer that you only get to pick a path once without buying again. I've known publishers to do weirder things to reduce the amount of customer support work they have to do.

So I haven't even gotten to the story branch point yet and every mission except except the first 3 tutorial maps has forced 4 or 5 restarts before I managed to not lose anyone on the medium difficulty for "non-beginners." Maybe I should just turn off permadeath and accept that the maps are balanced such that you're expected to have a death every map on this difficulty. Hmrmrm.

Play on Normal

Fates is already harder than Awakening just in the prologue

Just play on Normal

Eh, I haven't had any trouble on Hard in birthright, though I just got to the first birthright mission

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    How many units do you lose per mission, chincy? None?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Stat caps seem a lot lower this time around.

Which makes the strength/weakness while setting up your Avatar feel even more important.

Like when you're looking at 40-50 in a stat, +1~3 isn't a huge deal; when you're looking at 30 in one of your primary stats, that seems much bigger.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I've lost a unit in Conquest, but that was more of a "This is my third reset and I wasn't planning on using them anyways."

YL9WnCY.png

I lost one person on chapter 6 but I play on casual because restarting because of a lucky crit from the last enemy is dumb

you can switch back and forth between casual and permadeath in this one if you wanted to try that out

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    How do I break this game over my knee like I broke Awakening by giving as many people as possible Galeforce?

Is there a Galeforce equivalent?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    How do I break this game over my knee like I broke Awakening by giving as many people as possible Galeforce?

The Galeforce equivalent is Galeforce, it's on a DLC female class though and I dunno if children inherit skills anymore? Also female characters get access to Shadowgift.

What I'm saying is that men are chumps.

Maddoc on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    i have more VERSION questions

if you buy digital do you get to choose your path, or do you still have to choose it beforehand when you buy the game

You have to buy a version upfront

You can't just download Fire Emblem Fates and then choose Birthright or Conquest at the split point, even though that's 100% what they should've done

From what I can tell, a digital purchase of Birthright/Conquest is basically buying both versions. Buying the second as DLC is only 800 blocks, so it seems more like you're just unlocking access rather than downloading the whole thing.

• SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    So I just fired up my new old 3DS and discovered that I can play neither of my new games without an SD card.

I'm on a shuttle bus to Salt Lake City for four hours.

Somestickguy on
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Thetheroo wrote: »

The Galeforce equivalent is Galeforce, it's on a DLC female class though and I dunno if children inherit skills anymore? Also female characters get access to Shadowgift.

What I'm saying is that men are chumps.

dark fliers can be guys

but also, galeforce is mediocre at best now and there's 1 (1) dark tome

so uh have fun

edited February 2016
    Yeah but the one dark tome is also the only dark tome you wanted in the first place

Though yeah I missed that dudes can be Dark Fliers, that's kind of nice

Maddoc on
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Yeah but the one dark tome is also the only dark tome you wanted in the first place
    cannot double attack, trigger critical hits or special skills
    it really, really isn't

Eh, that's not all that bad in Fates, considering how many weapons have various penalties.

Healing half your damage is still a ridiculously strong effect.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i really like that they mark which units your current unit is weak to

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    oh no

oh no Felicia is great

dN0T6ur.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod

I lost one person on chapter 6 but I play on casual because restarting because of a lucky crit from the last enemy is dumb

you can switch back and forth between casual and permadeath in this one if you wanted to try that out
    I think the Prologue chapters don't "count" so I just let one person get KO'd and she was fine for future chapters.

YL9WnCY.png
    So far I don't like any of the Nohr siblings at all, the only one I don't actively dislike is the prince

maybe their characterization changes in conquest

I like a lot of the birthright units I was just introduced to

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i like the conquest folks a lot and am gonna be sad about havin' to fight them

So I just fired up my new old 3DS and discovered that I can play neither of my new games without an SD card.

it didn't come with one? they're supposed to come with one. If you got it used you got ripped off.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

it didn't come with one? they're supposed to come with one. If you got it used you got ripped off.

If he bought it used then it may not, but honestly that's kinda bullshit if it doesn't.

I would expect a used 3DS to come with the SD card unless the seller explicitly tells you "by the way this is supposed to come with an SD card but this one doesn't have one, is that ok?"

BahamutZERO.gif
    Gamestop not putting an SD card in used 3DSes would not surprise me in the slightest

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Enemies being able to pair off is honestly terrifying to me

what can I do

what will I do

We just had our only stop. The station sold everything but SD cards, basically

No, the guy mentioned nothing

I am annoyed

I'm really sorry, dude. That super sucks. :(

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    So how many times have people had to restart maps so far?

I'm almost at ten and I'm only ten chapters in.

edited February 2016
    Well, better the 4 hour shuttle with free WiFi than the 14 hour plane without

Somestickguy on
    simulacrum wrote: »

the early mission in the snow field beat the shit out of me

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    simulacrum wrote: »

the early mission in the snow field beat the shit out of me

I didn't have much trouble with that one, but the one immediately afterwards was a huge pain.

Man, playing some of these DLC missions in Awakening is really driving home how bad I am at Fire Emblem

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Man, playing some of these DLC missions in Awakening is really driving home how bad I am at Fire Emblem

Depends. Some of the DLC is for high level min/maxed characters pretty much.

Dragkonias wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »

Depends. Some of the DLC is for high level min/maxed characters pretty much.

Lost Bloodlines 1. It's mainly because I'm so disused to big, open maps with so many enemies on 'em.

Sloooowly learning to deal with it, though.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I have this game in my hot little hands.

Gonna smooch... ALL the anime ladies.

And then. EVEN MORE anime dudes.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    AH IT'S HERE

AMAZON'S ESTIMATE WAS WRONG

goodbye, everyone

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Mission 5 is breaking my resolve to play on Classic mode

Oh my GOD EVERYONE STOP DYING YOU COWARDS

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    edited February 2016
    Hard/Casual is the light

Maddoc on
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    So far I don't like any of the Nohr siblings at all, the only one I don't actively dislike is the prince

maybe their characterization changes in conquest

I like a lot of the birthright units I was just introduced to

Silas/Elise rank C
    The first support I have ever seen for one of the Nohr siblings

Is about the two of them making sure that a starving family gets a month's worth of rations delivered to them

It was actually staggering because that's the third line

Edit: Also Arthur has the best expressions in the game

When you said he was a blonde Gaston, that shit was on point. He's like a blonde Gaston crossed with a Japanese parody of Captain America

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    All shall quake before the mighty Thrillho, Prince of Nohr.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
This discussion has been closed.