As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[2016 Challenge Coin Thread] See you all next year!

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I touched up the Fenway side of the coin.

I used a higher res image as well as from a slightly different angle. It is also a little more zoomed in than the other one to see more of the park. The Nuka Cola "Coke" bottle is also a bit bigger to see it. I also like the shamrock in the field. Not sure how well this all shows up in the coin though.
    yljlkdszc2rg.png

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    My phone wouldn't let me add my name to the interest sheet but I am definitely interested in 2.

• Drew8800Drew8800 Boston MARegistered User regular
    When the coin sales go live, I'm in for 12. Possibly more. But at least 12.

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Interested, # tbd

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Voted! My mockup looks so out of place, being the wrong color haha.

I just moved and in un-packing, found all my East challenge coins. I couldn't remember if we had a nice picture of all the coins to put in the main post, so I took some. The style of 2014 is probably my favorite - the font and and the ring of text on the Ducking side just feels so clean, even if that super raised duck drives me mad (the coin doesn't lay flat).
    l0s42v3tj419.png

Added: I see they're all on the wiki! My 2012 East coin has reeded edges, but the wiki says it has smooth. Typo, or did I get a weird coin?

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    My 2012 East coin has reeded edges, but the wiki says it has smooth. Typo, or did I get a weird coin?
    Just checked, both of mine from 2012 are the same way.

• The Real WillardThe Real Willard Registered User regular
    Can't wait:)

• DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    So what's going on with the challenge coin? I haven't seen any chatter lately

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    Is it too late to put our names down? I'd be interested in 4. Any idea what the cost would be? Sorry If I missed in the thread, I tried looking for anything price related.

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    Any word on these? sorry I've been absent, but with pax right around the corner I would love to get my preorder in, if that hasn't happened yet

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    I'm starting to get a bit nervous about this. It's starting to feel like we're getting close for the project to work before/by PAX.

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    yea kinda what I have been feeling.

Not sure what's going on...

Last I heard from @SutibunRi was Feb 9th when he asked that I remove the PAX logo from one of the mockups. That was on Feb 9th.

I messaged him in hopes that he sees it and gets back to us.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    I sent him a PM as well. I hope he is in good health is the most important thing, he has always been very reliable.

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm a terrible person and I feel terrible.

I just sent off the email to Kiddercorp, details to follow.

edited March 2016
    Glad to see you're still alive!
    (No sarcasm intended, legit glad)

TopherRocks on
  • Rapid99Rapid99 Swedesboro, NJRegistered User regular
    Neat ^^
    Lost track of the time and almost forgot to check up on the forums this year.
    Just added myself to the list for 2 coins again :)

• KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Thanks for getting on this, Sutibun.

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Just in case I haven't already, i'm definitely down for 1 coin!

Update:
    akidderz is on vacation for 2 weeks, so I'm dealing with someone else.
    Images are with Kiddercorp.
    3-4 days for their design team to do their magic.
    Delivery before PAX should be a go.
    Looking at a colored and uncolored options.

I suggested they take a look at how Souths coin was handled as we're pretty much doing the same as them, but with different images/metal.

Glad to see your back and hope everything was ok.
    Just want to make sure you sent them the newest claw and fenway mock ups I posted a bit back in the thread.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
    Whoops, my bad, I hadn't noticed the new fenway mockup! I'll just get that sent over (the claw you'd pm'd me, so I did send the right version of that!)

Couple little details worked out regarding the design.
    Individual shipping and orders will work like they did for South, so, google doc and stuff.
    Colored and Uncolored coins to be produced. The color will just be the toys on the bottom, with the pokeball and claw being metal, it was the best of the options with the image we have. I like the imagery of it, the prize you have being of less interest than the prizes you could have.

So hopefully design goes smoothly on their end and orders can start soon.

edited March 2016
    Awesome news. Glad to see things moving along. So exciting.

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
    Thank you, SutibunRi!

Designs are looking good.
    the uncolored version has been approved.
    The colored version had a bit of a hiccup I'd dealing with now.
    Prices look very nice. I'll hold off on sharing until the colored version is approved.

• draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    i'd like a couple keep me informed

edited March 2016
    Hiccup mostly dealt with, weekends are not very productive.
    They can't do the half photodisc, half raised metal thing for the claw side.
    I've been shown an alternative mockup I really like, I'm just waiting to hear back if it'll push the cost too high.
    Assuming it doesn't, I'll approve that and let them send out for the prototypes.
    qwt4okvu1tm7.jpg

SutibunRi on
  • eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Oh wow. that colored coin looks great. I may have to grab one of those too :)

Thanks for all your hard work keeping this on track @SutibunRi !

0j92muX.png
    Ok, fine. I like the colored idea now.

Love the colors.

Yeah, he sent me that this morning while I was on the bus into work, it knocked my socks off.
    Plus it should end up costing less than the quote I'd already been given.

edited March 2016
    The color one looks awesome. They did an excellent job.

I can only imagine what they do on the fenway side.

As far as cost per coin. As long as it's not absurd I think.people will buy it.

Edit:
    NVM :)

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
    Is there a price on these yet? Sorry if I missed it in the thread.

5fhxvn385q28.png
    starNOstar wrote: »
    Is there a price on these yet? Sorry if I missed it in the thread.

Not yet.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
    I don't have a fixed quote at the moment, but it should be very close to Souths $5-$6 per coin which is a far cry from last years $8 per coin without color or anything.

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Oh boy, now I'm on the fence about the color coin! May just have to get one of each... Looks great!

UyhWici.png
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    I don't have a fixed quote at the moment, but it should be very close to Souths $5-$6 per coin which is a far cry from last years $8 per coin without color or anything.

That's not too bad, I'm definitely in for 4. Is there still the google doc up for ordering? I didn't see it.

5fhxvn385q28.png
    At the moment we only have the Interest sheet . Once we can place orders, I'll use the names on the sheet to @ everyone to send them a notification here in the thread.

Also: As it stands now, all the coins will be under $6 each.

I really hope either half of you want colored coins, or all of you want some of each. Otherwise I may end up with a stockpile of colored coins.