As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Excommunicated

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Excommunicated

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    What about the squirrel? How are its fetuses? Is Gabe's entertainment center becoming like the area around Chernobyl? A haven for wildlife since no one wants to go there?

steam_sig.png
  • lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    I've been enjoying my Xbox One. I'm crap at online play though.

• DissentDissent Mr. Fancy Pants Flavour CountryRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I've been enjoying my Xbox One. I'm crap at online play though.

Same--Never cared for Sony's controllers; The sticks have always seemed too loose, and my hands are too big for it. Liked the Dreamcast one the best, and the Xbox design is a close simulation.

Dissent on
  • BrettxPWBrettxPW Registered User regular
    Gabe's faces in this comic make him look like he has already been on the receiving end of harmful Xbox radiation.
    Love my Xbone, btw

• ZenigataZenigata Registered User regular
    As an admittedly primarily PC based gamer, my Xbox is my second most used gaming platform. I do occasionally use the Wii U though. No PS4 and no desire to have one, the exclusives are really not that good. Honestly the Xbox exclusives are mostly not that good either, I'm just a sucker for Forza.

• LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    It's funny how people get with their consoles. While I don't have a PS4 I did have a 360 and a PS3 at roughly the same time and greatly preferred my 360 over using the PS3. Not because it was inherently better, but because I just preferred the interface.

I feel as if the XB1 on "Day One" was probably a huge mess and thus Gabe's feelings about it. I bought it shortly after Dragon Age came out on it and I really think it continues to improve. I like its "social media' type feeling interface/community sections.

All of that said, there's barely any reason to own more than one of the "Big Two" consoles nowadays. You pick one, you get the wacky Nintendo console, and then you're set for gaming.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I was a huge 360 fan because the UX was superior to the PS3. The opposite is true now. Yeah, the PS4 is some sort of weird mutant of the crossbar UI, but the Xbone is just terrible. I hate how everything is its own app (with the app running in the background rather than exiting/closing if you back out of it). I hate how hard it is to find things, like currently downloading games/DLC. I hate how generally obtuse the entire experience is. And yes, my complaints remain even after the big overhaul they did to the dashboard.

The only thing I use it for is Rock Band. Everything else is PS4 all the way. It's just simpler to use for what I like to do.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I found it interesting to compare facial expressions in "the olde style" comic that Jerry linked to with the current one. In some cases they are very similar expressions but in the updated style.

i-PT2gQL2-1050x10000.jpg
    i-M4n6944-1050x10000.jpg

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Wait, is he saying playing his xbox makes you pregnant? I can see why the squirrel. Just means he doesn't use it ever. I do love that expression in panel 1.

• DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    The best thing about the fetus is cold fetus sandwiches the next morning...

• atmaatma Deep RiverRegistered User regular
    The art today is particularly good. Love the colours and shading.

• GundamZphyr7GundamZphyr7 Registered User regular
    I love the art in today's comic. The poses are pretty lulzy; especially Tycho's.

• BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    I have really been loving what Gabe has been doing with the art and expressions lately. It's really cool to see the experimentation and evolution of the characters and everything as time goes on. You can tell that he's having a lot of fun with trying out new things, and it's pretty exciting and inspiring to see. Makes me want to draw.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • MacMcCrackMacMcCrack Duchess of Manboob Wherever mediocrity is celebratedRegistered User regular
    Heh I didn;t notice the squirrel at first. Its kinda dark. But Microsoft's misteps over the last couple of years makes me never want to touch one of their products again, and I used to be a defender.

comicrocket%20banner.jpg
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    If that's what the Xbox One looks like then I'm afraid to see the Wii U.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    You mean the Wii U that gets played all the time cause he has kids?

• GrassHopperGrassHopper Registered User regular
    Yeah that one. Kids are sticky

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't follow what Mike and Jerry's kids are playing.

• tt_ragett_rage Registered User new member
    Tycho wrote: »
    ...and players clung to it like a bouy, which is a word that always looks misspelled.

Can't work out if he's taking the piss or not...

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    tt_rage wrote: »
    ...and players clung to it like a bouy, which is a word that always looks misspelled.

He is.

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't follow what Mike and Jerry's kids are playing.
    Mike was also playing Xenoblade Chronicles X recently, which is a Wii U exclusive title.

• tt_ragett_rage Registered User new member
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    tt_rage wrote: »

He is.

That's a releif :biggrin: