As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Project X Zone 2] Now with more Xenoblade & Fire Emblem

2»

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyE6JXDBY48&ab_channel=BANDAINAMCOEntertainmentEurope

[FATE CHALLENGING INTENSIFIES]

I thought that other trailer up above was untranslated...but even then there's like two lines translated differently. Weird.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/24/project-x-zone-2-adds-shenmues-ryo-and-tales-of-vespirias-estelle/

Now also featuring Ingrid, everyone's favorite Street Fighter character!

uyvfOQy.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I like Ingrid, not sure why she gets so much hate. Justifies my owning Capcom Fighting Evolution, at least.

wVEsyIc.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    It will be nice to play a good tactics game with Lucina in it.

Yes, Reynolds, we know Lucina is going to be in Fates, but why are you bringing it up here?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Segata actually says 'Sega Saturn' after he throws the enemy into self-destruction, accompanied by his theme.

GOTY.

That's Namco X Capcom BGM at 9:00, too.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    Wait a sec...I think that top down bonus game thing is the really obscure phone only game those two have lines referencing in the first game...

Nope, but found what it is: "One of the extras included in the latter's Japanese Limited Edition is a 3DS port of the Namco Anthology 2 update of Valkyrie no Bōken featuring Xiaomu as the playable character in place of Valkyrie."

uyvfOQy.png
    I just hope we get it.

wVEsyIc.png
    So Europe is getting the same preorder bonus as North America

pcmiv78ljync.png

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Is that just the digital version? I don't see any preorder bonus stuff listed on, like, Amazon.

uyvfOQy.png
    Is that just the digital version? I don't see any preorder bonus stuff listed on, like, Amazon.

Not sure about Amazon, but GameStop has it.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    skeldare wrote: »
    So Europe is getting the same preorder bonus as North America

pcmiv78ljync.png

Are we getting the Valkryie/Xiaomu game, though?

wVEsyIc.png
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Looking good so far, hope they really improved the way the game structures the battles rather the just shoving enemies map after map.

Mirage Cancel looks interesting and I really like the look of the line up.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    For those in Europe, the demo is available

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Probably the weakest one yet, musically. Oh well.

wVEsyIc.png
    ALL THE WARRIORS

uyvfOQy.png
    Picked this up today, need to start it up and register the DLC codes and all that.

Beating the demo unlocks some bonus goodies, right? Anything transfer from the first game or anything weird like that?

uyvfOQy.png
    Not that I know of, but I sold my copy of 1 after clearing it. Maybe it's still on my 3DS though?

wVEsyIc.png
    The bonus preorder theme is pretty horrible.

uyvfOQy.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The bonus preorder theme is pretty horrible.

How so?

http://nintendoeverything.com/project-x-zone-2-pre-order-bonuses-also-planned-for-europe/

You can see it there. Most of the upper screen is taken up by copyright text. And if you have any icon selected on the bottom, the little game logo that shows up on the top screen covers up basically all of the art, so all you see is the text. It sucks.

The bottom screen just scrolls through like three different pictures of three OCs. The folder designs/logos aren't very cool, and the music isn't great either.

uyvfOQy.png
    What about the extra scenario?

wVEsyIc.png
    The receipt with the code says you have to get like five stages into the game to unlock it, so I haven't gotten to it yet. Hopefully I can test that out tonight.

uyvfOQy.png
    Winning lines from Xiaomu so far:

"When life gives you lemons, lock yourself in the bedroom and read them all!"
    "Gunsmiths? Were they these two ladies who really like cats?"

uyvfOQy.png
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I have to say, Segata Sanshiro chasing after Sakura Shinguji has made me miss the 3DS I briefly owned in grad school (before returning it a little bit after the first price drop).

But, like buying a WiiU for Super Mario Maker, I'm not quite irresponsible enough to make that jump. Well, I guess that's what Let's Plays are for...

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    What about the extra scenario?

I kept forgetting to post. It's just a little challenge stage with like 5 level 2 enemies, plus Saya and her two goons. You get a bonus piece of equipment for winning. You seem to keep all the money and experience you get from it, so I guess you could use it to grind if you're desperate. There's a whole menu for bonus stages, so I assume you unlock more throughout the rest of the game.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Just a head's up: Project X Zone (the first game, not the sequel) has been pulled from the 3DS eShop. There's a suspicion that licensing issues have reared their ugly head(s). Nothing's confirmed, however, and maybe it'll show up again in a day! But that seems unlikely.

If anyone was really keen on playing this (admittedly flawed) game, you might want to grab a physical copy before the price gets stupid.

Rex Dart on