As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect - 8 days until you already know what happens from the spoilers you read

• Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Alternative snarky reply:

Japan is --> thataway

I've said it before, but ME would be a much better game as a JRPG. Western RPGs are just boring and the combat in this game looks stupid. I'd take menu-based turn-based combat over this shooter crap any day. And I don't know about the "dialogue system" either. I'd rather just be told a story.

I really don't know what BioWare was thinking diverging from the classic RPG model with ME, especially since they want it to sell.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    JimJimBinksJimJimBinks Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Houn wrote: »
    if the Chin Slider doesn't reach the Campbell setting, then it utterly fails as a Chin Slider.

Sigged

JimJimBinks on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Pancake wrote: »

Japan is --> thataway

I've said it before, but ME would be a much better game as a JRPG. Western RPGs are just boring and the combat in this game looks stupid. I'd take menu-based turn-based combat over this shooter crap any day. And I don't know about the "dialogue system" either. I'd rather just be told a story.

I really don't know what BioWare was thinking diverging from the classic RPG model with ME, especially since they want it to sell.

I see wut you did there.

Also, Lime'd and Sig'd. I'm Awesome. For today.

Houn on
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wordsworth wrote: »
    To what extent is this an RPG? I know you can level up, pause to give commands to your team and whatnot.

But will we be dropping by the 'Item Shop' to buy Shepard x50 Future Potions and the latest +32atk Plasma Rifle?

Honestly, I was hoping it would be that kind of party.

I just vomited a little in my mouth.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    oh god dammit pancake, why must you bait everyone

tyrannus on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Also you don't shoot plasma you shoot sand.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    apotheos wrote: »
    switzky21 wrote: »
    This is entirely off-topic, but everyone here should play Portal.

It's my GOTY so far.

This is how game threads become chat thread and I will not have it, Sir.

Think you're about 50 pages of late on that one, apo.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Japan is --> thataway

:^:

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Pharezon wrote: »

Japan is --> thataway

I've said it before, but ME would be a much better game on the PS3.

Fixed for K_A

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Klyka wrote: »

Japan is --> thataway

Fixed for K_A

Don't forget the hentai!

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Klyka wrote: »

Japan is --> thataway

Fixed for K_A

Don't forget the hentai!

SIXAXIS Tentacle control in the fourth dimension? Sign me up!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    MisterGrokMisterGrok Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I think you and I have different definitions of "classic RPG model".

See, after multiple-sided dice, pencils, and a treesworth of bound pulp otherwise known as rulebooks, I also have this little thing called "player decision affecting the overarching story".

When looked at from my perspective, it seems that BioWare is actually converging to the classig RPG model with ME.

MisterGrok on
    GamerTag: aintnodancer
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    MisterGrok wrote: »

See, after multiple-sided dice, pencils, and a treesworth of bound pulp otherwise known as rulebooks, I also have this little thing called "player decision affecting the overarching story".

When looked at from my perspective, it seems that BioWare is actually converging to the classig RPG model with ME.

:lol:

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

Japan is --> thataway

so you don't like a style of game, therefore it is stupid.

i hate jrpgs, so you can fuck off while i enjoy ME i guess.

Angry on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    MisterGrok wrote: »

YES!

Wait, Angry, too?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh my god Pancake is all mighty

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Angry wrote: »

Japan is --> thataway

Uh, wait... what? He... uh... he...

Yeah...

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Regicid3 wrote: »

Japan is --> thataway

Uh, wait... what? He... uh... he...

Yeah...
    AND THE TRAP WAS SPRUNG!!!

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    ProfsProfs Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Japan is --> thataway

I just spit my lemonade all over my fucking keyboard. Thanks.

Profs on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    pancake you naughty scamp

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Profs wrote: »

Japan is --> thataway

I just spit my lemonade all over my fucking keyboard. Thanks.

Angry is angry.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Huh. Didn't know flamebaiting was so popular around here. I mean, I knew it was popular. But cheering them on? Really?

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Pancake - Over 9000 Angry and co - 0

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Houk wrote: »
    Huh. Didn't know flamebaiting was so popular around here. I mean, I knew it was popular. But cheering them on? Really?
    I think when she made the thread and has posted in it almost daily with a Mass Effect avatar, I think then it's cool.

Edit: For genders.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well, first off, I don't think it was baiting, I think Pancake was sarcastically responding to the guy hoping that this was a JRPG.

Second, look at her avatar, gamerpic, and the first post. It's funny, get over it.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    i guess i got fooled.

you go girl.

Angry on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    Well, first off, I don't think it was baiting, I think Pancake was sarcastically responding to the guy hoping that this was a JRPG.

Second, look at her avatar, gamerpic, and the first post. It's funny, get over it.
    So when you responded to a post where someone took him seriously by exclaiming 'YES!' it wasn't because he had tricked someone into taking him seriously?

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

So when you responded to a post where someone took him seriously by exclaiming 'YES!' it wasn't because he had tricked someone into taking him seriously?
    It was because we were figuring someone would take her seriously. When they actually did, it was funny.

You know, because of the avatar and sig and making the thread and all.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So, does the surname 'Adama' work as a given name? As in, 'Adama Shepard'? And can I give my Shepard a terrible, terrible complexion?

deowolf on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    deowolf wrote: »
    So, does the surname 'Adama' work as a given name? As in, 'Adama Shepard'? And can I give my Shepard a terrible, terrible complexion?

You could use "Old Man"

Or "Twelve".

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

It was because we were figuring someone would take her seriously. When they actually did, it was funny.

So how is that different from what I posted? Isn't posting something inflammatory that you don't believe just to get people to argue with you flamebaiting? Sig/av/whatever doesn't really change that.

I mean, I don't really care. I'm not making a judgment call about your lifestyle choices or anything. Not sure why you wouldn't just call it what it is, though.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

So how is that different from what I posted? Isn't posting something inflammatory that you don't believe just to get people to argue with you flamebaiting? Sig/av/whatever doesn't really change that.

I mean, I don't really care. I'm not making a judgment call about your lifestyle choices or anything. Not sure why you wouldn't just call it what it is, though.
    It's, uh... You know...

Right.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So I hear there are nipples in this game?

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    GertBeef wrote: »

Alien nipples

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Alien nipples

Numbers?

If it's just the stock two... pass.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    And because I have never seen nipples before, especially blue ones, that shall be the sole defining reason for my playing of this game.

So say we all.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    darleysam wrote: »
    And because I have never seen nipples before, especially blue ones, that shall be the sole defining reason for my playing of this game.

So say we all.
    Oh you crazy flamebating...er, you!

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

So say we all.

I'd be careful getting your hopes up...
    ME_Les_Ackbar.jpg

Houn on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

So say we all.
    Oh you crazy flamebating...er, you!

I much preferred this game when the story was about using the gravitational pull of celestial bodies on one another to cause certain events to take place.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Alien nipples

Numbers?

If it's just the stock two... pass.

Infinite.

deowolf on
This discussion has been closed.