As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[HGL] HellGate London... You Templared my Ego!

Gnomeland SecurityGnomeland Security Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
Here's the link to the main page's thread on the game:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=39279

not sure if it counts as an MMO or not, sorry for not beefing this post up more

Gnomeland Security on

• Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Check the Games and Technology forum. They have a huge thread on it there.

Toothy on
  • Options
    Gnomeland SecurityGnomeland Security Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    crap, thought it was an MMO... sorry

Gnomeland Security on
  • Options
    weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Its only an MMO in the sense that they think they can charge people money to fix bugs.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Given from the number of people I've heard talking about it, I'd think it could use a thread here. OP could use beefing though.

Scooter on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, it's not technically an MMO, but I think it fits here better than in the big GnT.

Besides, I like all my threads I visit being in one place. :P

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    At some point Guild Wars was specifically not included here as an MMO. And if GW isn't, then HGL definitely isn't. (GW doesn't even have a single-player game.)

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't know much about HGL, I was under the impression it was an MMO but I suppose not then.

Scooter on
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hellgate is diablo II with a shinier chat room to gather up in before venturing out into the game. Although apparently they're going to add "raid" content to the game. I'm not really sure what kind of coordination the raid content could have when the whole game is hack and slash, and there's basically no form of serious healing in the game...

But hey! Raids make it an MMO, right?

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    GW straddled the line because it is free to play and isn't exactly massive. I think GW fits here better than HG:L. I do recommend both communities move over here once they start getting swallowed by G&T.

Accualt on
  • Options
    LordDaxLordDax Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I support HG:L as an MMO :) I love the game and have been playing since alpha, and really, if you find a good group of people to adventure with it makes the game so much better. I think the ability to play solo or in a group is great. Subscribe to a few other MMOs and most of the time I find myself treating them as single player games if my friends arent online. Working on a lv 12 engineer right now :)

LordDax on
    PSN/xFire-LordDax
    WoW - US Quel'Dorie - Daxius DwPr(Disc/Shadow) 80
    Give Back to those who serve us Become a Black Pie Day Pieoneer!
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    LordDax wrote: »
    I support HG:L as an MMO :) I love the game and have been playing since alpha, and really, if you find a good group of people to adventure with it makes the game so much better. I think the ability to play solo or in a group is great. Subscribe to a few other MMOs and most of the time I find myself treating them as single player games if my friends arent online. Working on a lv 12 engineer right now :)

Being able to play something multiplayer doesn't make it an MMO. Does Hellgate: London have the ability for large numbers of players (Read: Several hundred at least) to be logged into the same server at the same time? If not, then it's a multiplayer game with subscription based content updates. Not an MMO. (Remember the Massively part of the acronym).

Nova_C on
  • Options
    stormcstormc Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You are able to login the same server, see different people in town (stations) .
    PA guild is in the Shulgoth server.

Its just the town and chat are sharded as well, you may login to the same server but you wouldnt see thousands of people running around. You are able to PM / group with them though.

stormc on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
    <3, Echo
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2007
    We'll stick to G&T for now. I might reconsider later.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.