As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pivot Table Help - One Column as a % of Another

PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
edited February 2016 in Help / Advice Forum
So, this is ridiculous but I can't figure out how to do it. I have a data set that set up like this:
j31c60np9jsx.png

I have the count of the "Won" column and I have the sum of the "Won" column in my pivot table, which effectively is showing me the total deals and the # of won deals. I need to add Sum/Count as a % to finish this out AND I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT AND GOOGLE IS NOT HELPFUL IN THE SLIGHTEST.

ARDAGFHAKL

PLEASE

Edit: Here's a picture of my current pivot table
6cxdgdrv2zbp.png

Pacificstar on

• Options
    ThundyrkatzThundyrkatz Registered User regular
    If you go to Value Field Settings on a " Sum of Won " Column and change the tab to " Show Values As". there should be an option for " % Of " that will give you a " Base Field " and a " Base Item " to work with.

• Options
    If you go to Value Field Settings on a " Sum of Won " Column and change the tab to " Show Values As". there should be an option for " % Of " that will give you a " Base Field " and a " Base Item " to work with.

Thanks for responding! That's one of the first things I tried. It doesn't push out %'s that are meaningful when I do it. I'll try to put up a sample data set for people to try and see if they can get something that makes more sense.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I think you just want "Average of" won, if they're actually just binary. Then if you don't like decimal representation you can change the number format to Percentage in the "Show Values As" tab (but leave it as no calculation). Unless I am misunderstanding your request.

• Options
    ThundyrkatzThundyrkatz Registered User regular
    I tried it out with with some mock data and MrTLicious is correct! If you add a 3rd column to the pivot table for " Won " and have it " Value Field Settings " as " Average " and then change the " Number Format " to " Percentage " you will get your result.

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    I think you just want "Average of" won, if they're actually just binary. Then if you don't like decimal representation you can change the number format to Percentage in the "Show Values As" tab (but leave it as no calculation). Unless I am misunderstanding your request.

smart..... thanks :)