As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect - 8 days until you already know what happens from the spoilers you read

• Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    darleysam wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »
    And because I have never seen nipples before, especially blue ones, that shall be the sole defining reason for my playing of this game.

So say we all.
    Oh you crazy flamebating...er, you!

I much preferred this game when the story was about using the gravitational pull of celestial bodies on one another to cause certain events to take place.
    I liked it better when you had to be from Earth and grew up as a simple boy on a farm.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I much preferred this game when the story was about using the gravitational pull of celestial bodies on one another to cause certain events to take place.

I nearly spurted my hot chocolate all over my laptop. :P

devoir on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    And because I have never seen nipples before, especially blue ones, that shall be the sole defining reason for my playing of this game.

So say we all.

I liked it better when you had to be from Tatooine and grew up as a simple boy on a farm.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

So say we all.

I liked it better when you had to be from Earth and grew up as a simple boy on a farm.

Hold on, I just found a quest to pick up some power converters from Toshi Station.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

So say we all.

I liked it better when you had to be from Tatooine and grew up as a simple boy on a farm.
    Eh, the game was better before they added all this scifi garbage.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    OHHHHHHHH Atlas you got beaten like a dusty blanket.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    JimJimBinksJimJimBinks Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

So say we all.

Hold on, I just found a quest to pick up some power converters from Toshi Station.

Eh, isn't that just the middle of a pain in the ass chain quest? Between doing your chores and wasting time with your friends.

JimJimBinks on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    deowolf wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    GertBeef wrote: »
    So I hear there are nipples in this game?

Alien nipples

Numbers?

If it's just the stock two... pass.

Infinite.
    I CAN SEE FOREVER

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    deowolf wrote: »
    GertBeef wrote: »
    So I hear there are nipples in this game?

Alien nipples

Numbers?

If it's just the stock two... pass.

Infinite.
    I CAN SEE FOREVER
    my god, it's full of nipples.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So I've heard that somewhere in the game, there is something other than breasts.

Is this just a rumor or what?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    A filthy lie and whoever said that must be purged.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, rumor.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    CruixCruix Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That kinda stuff just gets added later on in DLC.

Cruix on
    housesig2.gif
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It might get included in the Wii version though, you never know.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So I'm right back to hating the shitting fuck shit out of you guys. And things were going so well.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm curious, is there any info on weapon types? Is it just pistols, shotguns and rifles/sniper rifles? How're these upgradeable if so?

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    There are also Blasters and Light Sa... er, Energy Swords.

Houn on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Can I model Shepard to be a 14 year old boy with blonde, spiky hair that stands a foot high and give him a giant sword?

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Houn wrote: »
    There are also Blasters and Light Sa... er, Energy Swords.
    Liar liar pants on faggotry.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    this thread isn't about the facts anymore.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, whatever, try not having a sig that's too big and also about a stupid movie.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Facts are for pansies and anti-war protesters.

Besides, all the facts are in the Op. We've really been left with nothing to do but drool at screenshots and make stuff up.

Houn on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Are there night and day cycles?

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    CruixCruix Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Are there night and day cycles?

Huh, I never even thought of this. I really hope there are, and more so, if there are I hope that the cycles are different based on where you are in the universe.

The book went into detail about a 20 hour clock used and also into the cycles of a couple of the places they were, so the thought of time is definitely there. I hope they call up on that info for the game.

Cruix on
    housesig2.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Day and Night seems largely inconsequential when you have a spaceship that can land on the Daytime side of the planet whenever it wants to.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Assuming that you're only on any given planet for a few minutes, I wouldn't be surprised if they just decided to make it different times of day depending on the planet. It would suck and I would be slightly dismayed if they did, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, whatever, try not having a sig that's too big and also about a stupid movie.

my sig is too awesome for your puny restrictions. also, the one was awesome, you stupid mushroom head.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007

my sig is too awesome for your puny restrictions. also, the one was awesome, you stupid mushroom head.
    Maybe if it was longer. "Hey here's the story dootdo- I AM NOOOBODY'S BITCH!"

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    I'm curious, is there any info on weapon types? Is it just pistols, shotguns and rifles/sniper rifles? How're these upgradeable if so?

There are no melee weapons. The only available weapons are assault rifles, pistols, shotguns, and sniper rifles. You'll be able to carry one of each type on your person at any one time.

It's not clear exactly what the upgrades are, but it's known they can change damage types and such. There also appears to be at least four upgrade slots.

You'll also be able to use any weapon in melee, but given that healing and recharging your shields requires resources and your shields and health can be brought down fairly quickly, it usually doesn't pay off to charge an enemy and hit them in the face as opposed to shooting at them from behind cover.
    Huh, I never even thought of this. I really hope there are, and more so, if there are I hope that the cycles are different based on where you are in the universe.

There are no day/night cycles. BioWare has said that you're never on a single planet long enough for one to matter, but returning to a location for story reasons, the time of day could potentially be different.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Not to mention the assumption that a given planet you're on will even have a day-night cycle.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Lightsab...swords would be neato keen.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    Shoggoth wrote: »

There are no melee weapons. The only available weapons are assault rifles, pistols, shotguns, and sniper rifles. You'll be able to carry one of each type on your person at any one time.

It's not clear exactly what the upgrades are, but it's known they can change damage types and such. There also appears to be at least four upgrade slots.

You'll also be able to use any weapon in melee, but given that healing and recharging your shields requires resources and your shields and health can be brought down fairly quickly, it usually doesn't pay off to charge an enemy and hit them in the face as opposed to shooting at them from behind cover.

There are no day/night cycles. BioWare has said that you're never on a single planet long enough for one to matter, but returning to a location for story reasons, the time of day could potentially be different.

Ah ok, thanks for the info.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    We're finally at two weeks. Saren can hardly believe it too.

snapshot200711060016162iv2.jpg

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    UltimaGeckoUltimaGecko Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    He looks like he's yawning to me.

UltimaGecko on
    The facehuggers want to play with you in the AvP LP. Facehuggers also want you to check out the TF2 cards here. View the in-progress RE mansion recreation for L4D here.
    Bitstream wrote: »
    People respect a man who might do science at any moment.
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man. The Turians look so cool.

I'm just expecting one of them to bust out wings at some point, a 'throwback' mutation if you will, to swoop in and save the day in an awesome cinematic action sequence.

devoir on
  • Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    Man. The Turians look so cool.

I'm just expecting one of them to bust out wings at some point, a 'throwback' mutation if you will, to swoop in and save the day in an awesome cinematic action sequence.

Followed by lesbian sex!

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    nah, that'd be gay

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The hype on this game is ridiculous. Will this be able to overcome my WoW addiction?

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    WoW is on my list of Things to Quit. I'm hoping the rich harvest of cool games over the next couple of months will help me with that. Mass Effect is going to be the first step.

I made a critical error last night, however: after spending months blissfully avoiding any seriously deep information about the game, I watched several walkthroughs and demo videos last night. Now my anticipation has grown, and there's still two weeks to go! If only I'd been stronger!

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    mastman wrote: »
    The hype on this game is ridiculous. Will this be able to overcome my WoW addiction?
    In one month, it'll be "Can WoW overcome my Mass Effect addiction?"

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
This discussion has been closed.