As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trying To Attend My First Convention

Public20Public20 Registered User new member
Hi all, just looking for some advise. I've never traveled anywhere, let alone be able to attend any events. Me and my favorite person in the world got hitched this year and we both looking to attend Pax Prime in Seattle, But we do have some questions/concerns. When are the tickets available for purchase, and are they available to be purchased from Canada? Or how would that work, we've never traveled outside of our current Province and would love to take the opportunity while it's here. Just wondering on how to get the tickets, how much they are, and can I purchase them from Canada? Or is this an american only event, I appreciate the help and feedback!

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Tickets may be purchased from anywhere in the world, however your delivery options are limited to Fedex(?) or pick up at the event.

Tickets for West (formerly Prime) were $40 USD/day last year.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    Public20Public20 Registered User new member
    So how does picking it up at the event work? When you go to purchase the tickets, do you still put all you're information down and they'res an option to choose pickup at the event? (Im assuming with proof of ID and such) And where do you purchase the tickets online? I appreciate the help Whypick1

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Starting on the Thursday before the show Registration/Will Call will be open for attendees to pick up their passes (hours are ~noon to 6) and will stay open during all show days (8am - 6pm).

Yes, you are given the option of shipping/will call during registration.

The registration link will be posted when it is announced that tickets are on sale. Best bet is to follow @Official_PAX for that announcement.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    The registration link will be posted when it is announced that tickets are on sale. Best bet is to follow @Official_PAX for that announcement.
    Practically your only bet really. Tickets sell out in less than an hour (35 minutes for Fri-Sun in 2015), but since you have to queue before you can buy them it's really a matter of a few minutes. So having notifications set up for when the web page changes and when @Official_PAX tweets are common practice. Also, once they are listed and announced as sold-out, they aren't truly. Some orders get canceled, like if too many are ordered to 1 address. When those are canceled, they are often just quietly put back on sale, so anybody diligently checking in the days after has an ok chance of scoring some.