As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

CenoCeno pizza timeRegistered User regular
edited March 2016 in Social Entropy++
A look ahead!

t5khctpj7b4x.jpg

Thrilling heroics!

https://youtu.be/K4qmXpF0z8M

Internal strife!

https://youtu.be/dcukDDDhuYk

Daring feats of athleticism!

https://youtu.be/rNlmRId2FVQ

Romance!

https://youtu.be/_nnOcgElmMc

Coming soon to a Film-o-Vision Large Screen Experience (TM) near you! Love them! Pay money to see them!

Pssst.... Civil War trailer below, don't tell anyone

https://youtu.be/dKrVegVI0Us

Ceno on

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    But what if I wanna see some of these so called Heros bleed?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

I also really like the reveal of Spider-Mans identity and the immediate fall out.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I never actually read Civil War, given its reception. Kinda assuming the movie will cover all the best points of it.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I started watching Supergirl
    I like it a lot! Like, a lot a lot!

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I never actually read Civil War, given its reception. Kinda assuming the movie will cover all the best points of it.

The movie is probably going to be nothing like the comics, and thankful so

Civil war was a lot of meh characterization and story with really good art

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I've been spending pretty much all day watching Young Justice.

Young Justice is pretty good guys!

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Best page in Civil War was in Frontline, actually

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/EZ8LOOinEYw

That looks

Not good

CYpGAPn.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    In the related off of my latest Young Justice rewatch, it had a Marvel animated movie I hadn't seen.

It's the Avengers and Gotg, fighting Frost Giants to save Santa Claus, and I'm mostly posting this to see if I'm dreaming atm or if this is actually happening.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    In the related off of my latest Young Justice rewatch, it had a Marvel animated movie I hadn't seen.

It's the Avengers and Gotg, fighting Frost Giants to save Santa Claus, and I'm mostly posting this to see if I'm dreaming atm or if this is actually happening.

All I know is that you're naked.

And the big test is today! The one you didn't study for!

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I guess this Superman doesn't have super peripheral vision.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Good thing I wrote as many answers that would fit on my dick... wait I don't even have half an answer here....

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Good thing I wrote as many answers that would fit on my dick... wait I don't even have half an answer here....

Well maybe you can spell them with all your teeth that are falling out!

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I've been spending pretty much all day watching Young Justice.

Young Justice is pretty good guys!

I like Superboy is just a kinda angsty teen hulk

Well, the actors are certainly enthusiastic about the movie and have a sense of humor about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8iRvQdSGA

• Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    That clip is the first time I realized how silly it is that Lex Luthor is so proud that he is introducing a newspaper journalist to a billionaire who runs a huge influential company.

That scene only makes sense if Luthor knows both their secret identities since there was the line about Clark's grip and how Bruce shouldn't pick a fight with him.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's a scene that only works from an audience's point of view. It's like a famous catchphrase showing up in a prequel before the characters have their reason to use it.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a scene that only works from an audience's point of view. It's like a famous catchphrase showing up in a prequel before the characters have their reason to use it.

Jiminy Jillickers Radioactive Man!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Caught up on this week's Legends of Tomorrow

The romance subplot was lame but I liked the episode a whole bunch

Holy Jesus was the old man make up on Ollie bad, though

And I'm kinda bummed that Connor didn't join the team

CYpGAPn.png
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    That scene only makes sense if Luthor knows both their secret identities since there was the line about Clark's grip and how Bruce shouldn't pick a fight with him.

Exactly what I'm saying. At that point I feel like Bruce would at least take that as an odd thing to say in conversation. I've read very few Superman comics, so I don't know if Superman would think "Hold the fucking phone on this" unless he has a previous relationship with Luthor and sees him egging on a potential story.

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    That clip is the first time I realized how silly it is that Lex Luthor is so proud that he is introducing a newspaper journalist to a billionaire who runs a huge influential company.

Luthor: "Clark Kent meet Bruce Wayne"

*Bruce looks at Luthor smugly smiling while introducing a reporter to a well known playboy billionaire*

Bruce, under his breath: "I know you can hear this Clark, Luthor knows our secret identities and is probably trying to manipulate us into fighting one another"

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Well, if it's like the comics, Clark Kent is a big-shot reporter. They might be doing a rising star kind of thing here, with Clark being the hot-shot new reporter making a name for himself.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    there's no way that all three people in that scene aren't aware of each other's identities

it is bad but it can't be that bad

PNk1Ml4.png
    Man, now that Deadpool is out, Gambit is AWOL, a couple of the marvel and dc projects have moved around a few weeks and there's two new FOX projects on the docket, they really should update that calendar.

Oh yeah, Spawn, I guess.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Best page in Civil War was in Frontline, actually

I really liked patriot? Eli? From young Avengers running away from the choppers and doing super parkour.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Luthor: "Clark Kent meet Bruce Wayne"

*Bruce looks at Luthor smugly smiling while introducing a reporter to a well known playboy billionaire*

Bruce, under his breath: "I know you can hear this Clark, Luthor knows our secret identities and is probably trying to manipulate us into fighting one another"

In a kinder gentler world, thus would be great

Hmm.. As an American male, My average lifespan is around 76 years. I'll be 38 in 2020 when the 26th MCU movie comes out. That leaves 48 more years left n my estimated lifespan. At 3 movies a year, that's would 144 more MCU films in that timeframe.

God, could you imagine? What would things even look like if it managed to last that long? Like, does Marvel just keep cycling in obscurer and obscurer heroes? The MCU is real-time it seems, so at some point Tony Stark would just be too old in-universe; would they recast him and ignore the discrepancy? Would they introduce like a Tony Stark JR or some other legacy character? And would that filter back to the comics? Will they even have movies in 2068?

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i watched ant-man

michael peña and TI for mvps

his bits of recounting the hot tips from his cousin who was heard from, etc, made me pine for the edgar wright version that earth-2 got

i liked it as a redbox type of movie! paul rudd is of course the bomb, but he felt... constrained by the role. he can do a better version of that character

in general, seeing people running away while being bit by ants was 100% absurd, and i wanted it to be just a little bit sillier than it turned out

the absolute highlight was the MCU tie-in cameo, which was just delightful. that moment felt right out of a comic in the best way, just your regular every day runnin into a marvel character

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    i watched ant-man

his bits of recounting the hot tips from his cousin who was heard from, etc, made me pine for the edgar wright version that earth-2 got

I don't think we would have gotten this scene in the Edgar Wright version of the film.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Does anyone know off hand if Comixology emails when something on your wishlist goes on sale?

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    i watched ant-man

I don't think we would have gotten this scene in the Edgar Wright version of the film.

no? what makes you think so?

It was one of the only times in the movie where it felt like a person was behind it as opposed to the council of heroes-cum-producers that keep the mcu on track, where the visuals aimed to do something unconventional, even if it's as simple as doing drunk history-style lip syncing to very personable in-universe exposition. the camera movement even felt different--it's not a one-for-one match with wright's hyperkinetic editing and visual style, but the choice reminded me of what his movie might've been like

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I feel kinda bad for the guys that took over for Wright, because quite often I see that anything good in the movie gets assigned to Wright regardless of who actually might've been responsible for it.

honovere wrote: »
    I feel kinda bad for the guys that took over for Wright, because quite often I see that anything good in the movie gets assigned to Wright regardless of who actually might've been responsible for it.
    Rudd, McKay and Reed have said that there wasn't much left of Wright's film besides the basic skeleton of "Scott is an ex con recruited by Hank Pym, the former now retired Ant-Man, to prevent a disaster."

Reed, in particular, said Hope had a way smaller role in the film originally and didn't end up inheriting the Wasp mantle.

CYpGAPn.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    i watched ant-man

It was one of the only times in the movie where it felt like a person was behind it as opposed to the council of heroes-cum-producers that keep the mcu on track, where the visuals aimed to do something unconventional, even if it's as simple as doing drunk history-style lip syncing to very personable in-universe exposition. the camera movement even felt different--it's not a one-for-one match with wright's hyperkinetic editing and visual style, but the choice reminded me of what his movie might've been like

I mean, we certainly could have gotten that scene from a Wright directed Ant-Man.

But that particular idea was Paul Rudd's & Peyton Reed's.

But no one seems to want to acknowledge any good ideas to those guys...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Peyton Reed has tried not to be too bitter about people actively trying to take any credit for the movie away from him, but he lets it slip sometimes

Like he made sure to go "no that Cure joke you all loved was me, guys, I did that one"

6F32U1X.png
    honovere wrote: »

as do i; to be clear in my case, I'm not ascribing this bit that i very much liked to wright

its existence just reminds me that the movie was in the hands of an auteur before, and that's not a slam on peyton reed. It's a shame that it makes me think of what could've been, considering it's something I like that reed at the very least directed, not wright, but it's hard not to get that vague idea of a more unique movie out of my head when I see those little flashes of something unexpected

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    i watched ant-man

I mean, we certainly could have gotten that scene from a Wright directed Ant-Man.

But that particular idea was Paul Rudd's & Peyton Reed's.

But no one seems to want to acknowledge any good ideas to those guys...

i know this was before I posted my clarification above, and I'm not taking it personally or somethin but take it easy y'all. trudging out the sweeping "wright did all the funny stuff" twitter blather when I'm the only one talkin bout the film is a bit overkill, i'm not sayin that. I like peyton reed. i have lots of friends who are bring it ons

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    So has anyone considered Bri Larson to portray Captain Marvel?

I always liked her in movies, and it just suddenly dawned on me she maybe a good choice.

This discussion has been closed.