As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Wrestling Thread] is Back and Ready to Kiss Princesses and Fight for Love

19495969798100»

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Let's end the thread with good wrestling matches

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IRmlzcEgw_I

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Also the NXT Tag match basically confirms that Enzo and Cass will be debuting post Mania huh
    We know they lose since Revival/American Alpha is set for Dallas and this is basically a way to go HEY PEOPLE WHO DONT WATCH NXT FOR SOME REASON LOOK AT THESE IDIOTS

We don't know for sure who the tag title contenders will face in Dallas though.
    I just don't see how it would be Snap and Cass

They have been in NXT for far too long to have a lengthy title run at this point, and giving them the belts (outside of Full Sail no less) only to drop them in Dallas or a few months from now does absolutely nothing for anyone

Plus they're winding down in terms of importance at NXT, the tag division is cycling over much like the Women's Division did, and the main roster is in desperate need of a hot new baby face tag team.

If they win at Roadblock it would be a mistake, I think. Especially since Jordan and Gable are looking dominant as hell right now and deserve to beat a team that has been equally dominant over the past few months.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Also the NXT Tag match basically confirms that Enzo and Cass will be debuting post Mania huh
    We know they lose since Revival/American Alpha is set for Dallas and this is basically a way to go HEY PEOPLE WHO DONT WATCH NXT FOR SOME REASON LOOK AT THESE IDIOTS

We don't know for sure who the tag title contenders will face in Dallas though.
    I just don't see how it would be Snap and Cass

They have been in NXT for far too long to have a lengthy title run at this point, and giving them the belts (outside of Full Sail no less) only to drop them in Dallas or a few months from now does absolutely nothing for anyone

Plus they're winding down in terms of importance at NXT, the tag division is cycling over much like the Women's Division did, and the main roster is in desperate need of a hot new baby face tag team.

If they win at Roadblock it would be a mistake, I think. Especially since Jordan and Gable are looking dominant as hell right now and deserve to beat a team that has been equally dominant over the past few months.

I agree, I just don't think the Road Block outcome is that obvious.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I don't even assume they had ROADBLOCK planned during the last set of NXT tapings, honestly.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    It's a PPV realllllly soon before Mania. Predictable stuff is bound to happen, both for the main roster and the NXT match

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    I don't even assume they had ROADBLOCK planned during the last set of NXT tapings, honestly.

Pretty sure they've been advertising a live special on March 12 since last year but I might be wrong.

• Options
    Radius wrote: »

Pretty sure they've been advertising a live special on March 12 since last year but I might be wrong.
    They have not

People assumed it was going to be a live special because Brock was announced for it and so soon before Mania is a good time for one but I don't think it was officially confirmed until recently

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I have a new thread name idea that I think is pretty good

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    It's not even really a PPV, it's a televised house show. The only difference is that Brock and Triple H are actually going to wrestle, which is why they're airing it on the Network. They did predictable finishes at the MSG house show in the middle of the fall, when they actually could have done something surprising. They're not going to do anything shocking on a house show two weeks before Mania.

Even the Japan show only had a title change because they'd suddenly promoted Owens to the main roster and wanted the title off of him before the next set of tapings.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    ROH in Philly looks great

Lethal vs. Sydal
    Cole/Strong vs. reDRagon
    Omega vs. Castle
    Briscoes and Cheeseburger vs War Machine and Moose
    Bucks vs Addiction vs Motor City Machineguns

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Why does Santana Garrett have Emma's theme tune with a different style?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    it's all made on the same Casio

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    There are a few cup results that bum me out and my cool dad not kicking goto's head off is definitely one

• Options

Kofi has to intentionally be slipping into his Jamaican accent right

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Funny, except the violence against Francesca2.

• Options
    There are a few cup results that bum me out and my cool dad not kicking goto's head off is definitely one

Yeah I'm disappointed that Nagata didn't go further, just because he always delivers good matches and seeing him kick Tonga half to death would be a lot more interesting than Goto doing a bad Jinsei Shinzaki impression.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Francesca 2 as Barrett is incredible.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I had a really weird dream where I was playing a video game and there was a QTE to pick how you wanted to beat the last boss and there was only one option that actually worked.

The options were:

(A) Rocket Launcher
    (B) Semi Truck
    (X) Air Strike
    (Y) CESARO

at which point a bunch of wrestlers all hit their finishers before Cesaro giant swung the boss into a Shoryuken.

Basically I really miss Cesaro right now apparently.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

Yeah I'm disappointed that Nagata didn't go further, just because he always delivers good matches and seeing him kick Tonga half to death would be a lot more interesting than Goto doing a bad Jinsei Shinzaki impression.

On the plus side, TACOS had by far and away his best match ever thanks to Naito,and King of All Darkness EVIL continues to innovate chair based offense

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Irish and Jamaican accents have a lot of similarities

I assume it's because of the British Empire's colonization

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Kofi's just going the Mario Van Peebles in Jaws 4 route with his accents and doing whatever the fuck he likes at any given moment.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Big E Rusev is the best

• Options
    Rev Pro has a solo streaming service now https://rpwondemand.pivotshare.com/ $8.49 a month

Already has shows up featuring Styles/Liger, Styles/ZSJ, Ospreay/Galloway, and Ricochet/Morrison

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/ebO2n-Z00fU?t=13m47s

Here's that thing I told you about

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.