As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Black Desert Online (Orwen Server Ch. Mediah O1)

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Account wide.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    If anyone has a guest pass, I would also like to be part of the begging train :bzz:

Wassermelone on
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    So I tried this a little bit in the beta and I liked some of the ideas but I kinda stopped playing it after the first day because it's definitely the sort of game you build up in over a long time. But despite being not really interested in it for the longest time the beta kind of made me curious. Now that it's live I feel like I can give it a little more of a fair shake so I'd like to throw myself into the guest pass queue too, if anyone has an extra.

• DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    @Arthil
    I am currently guildless and wary of joining up with any old group that invites, so I will probably be finding you for an invite at some point. I feel like I should run the idea by my friend I'm playing with first though. Will let you know one way or the other.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    @Elldren Well so long as you're on the same server, hop onto the Serendia 02 channel and meet up. I've got a character parked in Olvia, the starting town.

sweet, my last name is Elldren, natch

fuck gendered marketing
    @Elldren Just lemme know when you're in the town and I'll hop on over, chopping wood atm.

@DesmondPfeiffer Sure thing, we're nearly getting close to needing to upgrade to a guild proper.

Arthil wrote: »
    Elldren Just lemme know when you're in the town and I'll hop on over, chopping wood atm.

DesmondPfeiffer Sure thing, we're nearly getting close to needing to upgrade to a guild proper.

I'm here @Arthil

fuck gendered marketing
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Anyone been able to make a character on Orwen today? My girl is reporting that she's locked out due to population.

• EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    I have heard the classes are gender locked on this, is this accurate?

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/

yes

fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2016
    @Elldren Sorry for it taking a bit, hopping over now. Meet ya beside the village Chief.

Edit: Oh and you do need to do that first little quest to punch the combat dummies first.

Arthil on
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

yes

The classes have different base appearances too. It's pretty weird.

Anyway, I no longer need a guest pass from anyone. I'm just gonna go ahead and buy it.

• EliminationElimination Registered User regular

yes

:( How unfortunate. That is very old school and weird for such a high profile game.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    I also was considering asking for a pass, but realized I was kidding myself.

Bought.

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    So I'm weak and bought this even though I know nothing about it..... what did I do?

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular

yes

:( How unfortunate. That is very old school and weird for such a high profile game.

I can't imagine making a unique model for each class took less development time than making standardized male and female models that can apply to each class, so it's a pretty weird application of priorities. Hell, male and female characters could easily share the same skeleton rig with the way the customization works.

In other news, Daum won't let me give them money. Anyone else having issues with payment?

Deans wrote: »

yes

I can't imagine making a unique model for each class took less development time than making standardized male and female models that can apply to each class, so it's a pretty weird application of priorities. Hell, male and female characters could easily share the same skeleton rig with the way the customization works.

In other news, Daum won't let me give them money. Anyone else having issues with payment?

I literally JUST bought it 5 minutes ago, but I didn't have a problem paying with a credit card on the website.

Oh wow we're getting new people in quickly, I'm gonna appoint someone who is online right now to get you guys in. Um... I may need to upgrade us to a guild right now, too.

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    @Arthil don't worry about me for awhile. My slow ass internet says its going to take another 5 1/2 hours to download this. That's if it doesn't slow down more, which it will as soon as everyone in my neighborhood starts streaming Netflix.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
    I am just now leaving work. I'm sure I will spend most of the night making a Sorceress just to log-out and spend the rest of the evening making a Tamer.

So ya, no rush on getting me in the guild! Luckily I did start the download earlier and it's done now.

• hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Tried to play a bit before work this morning; no dice. Constant disconnects and totally unable to talk to npcs or do anything meaningful.

Guess I'm going to buy Stardew Valley afterall. Gotta amuse myself somehow while I wait for a patch...

• AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    Tried to play a bit before work this morning; no dice. Constant disconnects and totally unable to talk to npcs or do anything meaningful.

Guess I'm going to buy Stardew Valley afterall. Gotta amuse myself somehow while I wait for a patch...

Those were server issues right after the patch, took about an hour to get fixed? I would say try it again.

Well depending on when this morning, it was down for maintenance :P

Oh yeah, no, it was at like 10 am Pacific, so it should have been well after maintenance ended...but timezones are not my strong suit so maybe it just ended right before I woke up, I dunno. I'll try again when I get home.

At least I'm not in Australia...I can only imagine getting home from work and staying up to wait only to have it not work. That must've sucked for a least a few people down there.

We're a guild now and we accompished our first mission! I misread a 0, so we have 470k in the coffers now.

Yea I think it was exactly 10am pst that the maintenance ended (it got extended like twice).

Okay so the people who got 7-day passes, you need to put your key in here: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/code it's not super clear.

• TagTag Registered User regular
    Alrighty I'm on in Ser02. Currently I'm on one of my alts in Olvia by the name of Beerserk. If I need to get on my main (Tome) just let me know.

Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    If someone has a spare guest pass, I would be much obliged for it. :winky:

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Ok got it installed and character created, now who do I talk to/what do I do to get in the guild?

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • JagmasJagmas Registered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »
    Ok got it installed and character created, now who do I talk to/what do I do to get in the guild?

Same here.. any specific town we need to be in? I think I am still in tutorial area at the moment

I could use an invite too @Arthil if you're online

Completely forgot to do it during headstart.

If you're waiting for an invite, whisper Blackholeyeti (thats me) and be in channel Serendia 2, we'll meet in either Velia or Heidel

Aiserou wrote: »
    If you're waiting for an invite, whisper Blackholeyeti (thats me) and be in channel Serendia 2, we'll meet in either Velia or Heidel

System says your offline...

What's your family name?

What's your family name?

Foomy, character is Fooms

edited March 2016
    What's your family name?

Are Orwen/Serendia 2? I'm not seeing you either?

Edit: You also have to get as far as the training dummies to chat

Aiserou on
    What's your family name?

ya I'm on Orwen and Serendia 02, and I got to lv.11 so I think I did something with training dummies

Can you just not whisper on a trial account?

edited March 2016
    What's your family name?

ya I'm on Orwen and Serendia 02, and I got to lv.11 so I think I did something with training dummies

Can you just not whisper on a trial account?

I don't think that's the case but I'll know for sure in a few minutes when my buddy gets on with his guest pass.

Edit: Try whispering Undor since he i still online, but I don't think either of us are seeing you.

Aiserou on
    Nope can't whisper Undor either, I am confused.