As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to Wrestlemania Week [Wrestling]

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Legacy wrote: »
    Geddoe wrote: »
    So, the person pinned in the Fastlane main event gets a shot at the title before the winner, when the entire point was to win a title shot. Talk about a worthless ppv/event.

No, the entire point was to win a shot at the title at WRESTLEMANIA. A prize, itself.

Side note, what's HHHs entrance this year? Probably not Terminator. Hopefully not another giant throne, golden skull, not-conan HHH. Hmm...Iron Throne HHH?

An Iron Throne of Sledgehammers would actually be really fucking cool.

Steph should gift him a throne made out of a giant-sized version of that Legacy award.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Hayabusa wasn't the first Japanese wrestler I was aware of but he was the first whose career I followed. This was a man who gave up his job and inheritance to go train to be a wrestler. The stories of his training are insane. Apparently he would work part time selling beds for FMW's biggest sponsor to earn money, work out for five hours a day when he got back and end his day by scrubbing the dojo, sometimes inch by inch with toothbrushes, until 2 AM. The Hayabusa gimmick didn't come about until his excursion to Mexico to work with AAA where the influence from lucha and his hero Mil Mascaras really shows. He was a legendary groundbreaking high flyer who influenced everybody from Sabu to Seth Rollins. Even in retirement he was inspiring, never giving up on his goals even when they were all but impossible. Last year he walked for the first time since his accident to get in the ring and officially bring a proper conclusion to the match that paralyzed him because it's what he promised the fans.

RIP Eiji Ezaki.

HayabusaMexico93.jpg

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    EVIL/Ishii is gonna be the feud of the year

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    I'm sure if they could figure out the tech of a hover throne, we would be getting Thanos.

Use the same advanced technology that WCW used for Seven's debut.

Y'know, minus the post entrance shoot promo.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I think the entrance will be the most Lemmy thing possible.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    I think the entrance will be the most Lemmy thing possible.

So he comes out on a floating 4004lk Rickenbacker, seated on a throne designed to look like Lemmy's wart while an army of strippers snort coke off of each others bodies and rivers of Jack Daniels pour down the entrance ramp and surround the ring like a moat.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Ric Flair confirmed he's inducting Sting in the HoF.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Ric Flair confirmed he's inducting Sting in the HoF.

And then he's going to attack Sting from behind while he's giving his acceptance speech and then Flair is going to take Stings HoF ring and be a THREE TIME WWE HoF inductee.

WOOOO!

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Well I'm sufficiently horrified.

gxODhtr.jpg?1

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    @WeedLordVegeta

CcssFBKUAAAXtyj.jpg?zoom=1.5&w=750

I think we found out what Nagata is doing instead of kicking New Japan Cup entrants into ground meat.
    Speaking of the New Japan cup semi finals:
    Naito vs Yano and Goto vs Elgin both seem pretty straightforward to me personally.
    My money is on Naito vs Goto in the finals and then it gets a bit more dicey but I wouldn't be shocked with a Goto win, they seem unwilling to drop him and Naito doesn't need any kind of rub from this trophy so it would make sense.
    Obviously there's always a chance Elgin upsets Goto, but I wouldn't bet on it even if I would much prefer an Elgin vs Naito final.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I could see them giving Elgin the win over Goto, he literally just signed a 2 year deal at the start of the tournament

Naito is winning the whole thing tho

• Options
    edited March 2016
    I could see them giving Elgin the win over Goto, he literally just signed a 2 year deal at the start of the tournament

Naito is winning the whole thing tho
    Elgin putting up a good fight with Goto is the best I expect there to be honest. Getting to the semis says a decent amount about where they see him on the card, if he beats Goto that will be a pretty huge statement of intent and while I would like it I'd be super surprised by it.
    If you put me on the spot and made me pick a winner then I'd go with Naito. however I have this nagging suspicion that they want to do more with Goto still beyond constantly teasing if he's going to shake Okada's hand or not. The flip side of that is I could see him losing to Naito via chicanery being a good tipping point for him switching to a heel run so fuck if I know.

Kudos to New Japan, this is the most I've thought about Goto in years though so I guess that's something.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I named my Fire Emblem character Naito and didn't even realize I was doing a wrestling thing.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Congrats, now your Fire Emblem character has to take five years getting into battle and be an absolute cock to Milano Collection AT.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    In an interview with Guide Live, Big E said that the New Day are set to get a special entrance at Wrestlemania 32 this year. Here are highlights:

On which match he’s looking forward to the most: “Shane and ‘Taker, for sure. I think that’s such an interesting matchup with so much on the line that a lot of people will have their eyes turned to that one. And also, I’m really excited to see what the women will do. I’m not sure what that match will be. If I had to guess, I’m assuming, possibly it looks like maybe we’re looking at a triple threat for the Divas title – Charlotte, Becky, and Sasha appears to be lining up. There’s a decent amount of pressure on those women with the whole ‘Diva’s Revolution.’ I think a lot of people are excited to see what they do to represent for all the talented women in wrestling.”

On The New Day’s big entrance: “We’ve already kind of started getting people excited about our entrance – which I’ve kind of wanted to temper expectations, but we had some media hits this morning, and Woods and Kofi were already telling people to look out for our entrance. So, I suppose our WrestleMania entrance is the big plan. There’s a good chance that it all gets nixed, and people are very disappointed, but we have something cooking.”

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mGiRDNUqnmM

• Options
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    New Day will ride unicorns in their entrance

to outdo the tank

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

to outdo the tank

They should come out riding mecha-unicorns, a la Katy Perry's mecha-lion from last year's super bowl halftime show, while Ninja Sex Party sings The Last Unicorn.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

to outdo the tank

They should come out riding mecha-unicorns, a la Katy Perry's mecha-lion from last year's super bowl halftime show, while Ninja Sex Party sings The Last Unicorn.

One word: pegasii

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    stadium employees in the rafters dump bags of New Day socks on the crowd while New Day chant

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Xavier needs to lead a marching band

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Just one huge My Little Pony themed entrance.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    that tank was so good

I wish Rusev had a title. I guess I shouldn't lament him being part of a main event heel faction, but I wish he was the real ME of the group over sheamus. he's arguably below del rio since del rio had the US title sooner.

that whole dumb lana thing. goddamn it. take something superb that's very over and rip it apart for... an awful angle that no one wants to remember. phenomenal.

... this post went downhill I'm sorry everyone

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I am still haunted by Brodus Clays big WM entrance though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I am still haunted by Brodus Clays big WM entrance though.

Wasn't even a WM entrance.

It was just a random dance segment.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Maybe we'll finally get to hear the song Wale was working on for New Day's entrance live. I know Wale is going to be in the area.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    So I've decided my next D&D character will be a lucha-flavored monk. I'm having a hard time deciding on a name, though. Any ideas for a good luchador name?

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    I love seeing wrestlers before they were popular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LDFi88Q30c

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    So I've decided my next D&D character will be a lucha-flavored monk. I'm having a hard time deciding on a name, though. Any ideas for a good luchador name?

El Dragón de la Mazmorra

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I love seeing wrestlers before they were popular.

RomanReigns.jpg

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    BIG THE CAT IS THE EDBW CHAMPIONSHIP NUMBER ONE CONTENDER

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

El Dragón de la Mazmorra

El Burro Mysterio

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Bischoff says WWE will never have true competition again.

Hard to disagree with him.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.