As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect - 8 days until you already know what happens from the spoilers you read

• KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just want to say that the OP is awesome. I just bought my 360 and hadn't been keeping up with Mass Effect at all. Really couldn't ask for anything better than what was provided in the OP. Pretty much guaranteed my purchase of this title.

KVW on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    Just want to say that the OP is awesome. I just bought my 360 and hadn't been keeping up with Mass Effect at all. Really couldn't ask for anything better than what was provided in the OP. Pretty much guaranteed my purchase of this title.

Wasn't this thread (or a previous generation of it) once named "Mass Effect: The Reason You're Buying a 360"?

Houn on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Houn wrote: »
    KVW wrote: »

Wasn't this thread (or a previous generation of it) once named "Mass Effect: The Reason You're Buying a 360"?

The previous thread, and I remember because my ego reminds me that it was my suggestion. Huzzah!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited November 2007
    I'll admit, Mass Effect was a large motivator toward purchasing my 360. That, and Dead Rising. >.>

*Crosses his fingers for Space Zombies*

Houn on
  • Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'll admit, Mass Effect was a large motivator toward purchasing my 360. That, and Dead Rising. >.>

*Crosses his fingers for Space Zombies*

Oh, you mean like these guys?
    huskqe6.jpg

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
    edited November 2007
    That's not exactly a "Zombie" in the traditional sense, but it'll do if there's nothing closer.

*edit* Also, lol.

Houn on
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Also that bastard show thief can use any weapon he wants, he doesn't need to use a pistol.

Edit: Okay guys husks are not zombies. They are guys that get a spike through them when they are dying or dead and then they come back to life and run at you to kill you. At least that's what the video showed.

Not zombies.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    They are space zombies. If they weren't created by gethy sci-fi gubbins running through them, they would be zombies in space, and therein lies the difference.

Also, ho ho! I knew I'd be racing against pancake for that post. Never thought I'd actually make it.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    Also that bastard show thief can use any weapon he wants, he doesn't need to use a pistol.

Edit: Okay guys husks are not zombies. They are guys that get a spike through them when they are dying or dead and then they come back to life and run at you to kill you. At least that's what the video showed.

Not zombies.

The Los Iluminados?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Holy shit, this game has reanimated dead people who may or may not be motivated by an uncontrollable need to devour the brains of the living? I had no idea. Anticipation ++

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    edited November 2007
    No, goddamnit, necrons are space zombies. These are just dudes that at mindless husks are charge at you and you have to gun down. Also they may or may not have their arms raised while charging.

Jesus fuck.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    I sincerely hope, though, that at some point your squad will have to defend a spot from dozens of those guys.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I took the impression going off of Sarens arm that those space zombies are kinda like borg or something. dead guys reanimated by becoming like cyborgs kind of thing.

i havent read the prequel novel yet (saving it for day before release)

The_Scarab on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I took the impression going off of Sarens arm that those space zombies are kinda like borg or something. dead guys reanimated by becoming like cyborgs kind of thing.

i havent read the prequel novel yet (saving it for day before release)

I got that impression by looking at them.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    is sarens arm mentioned in the prequel novel. yes/no as i cant wait to read it and dont want too many spoilers.

The_Scarab on
  • DJDeeJayDJDeeJay Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Not zombies.
    2.Informal.
    a.a person whose behavior or responses are wooden, listless, or seemingly rote; automaton.

Sounds like zombies to me.

Anyways, I hear this game is going to be awesome. Masses of great effect and such. And something about romances, but I haven't heard much about it.

DJDeeJay on
    FrozenMonk.png
  • Grid SystemGrid System Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    is sarens arm mentioned in the prequel novel. yes/no as i cant wait to read it and dont want too many spoilers.

No.

Grid System on
    edited November 2007

Nope, he's a completely standard looking turian in the novel (kind of).

You may notice, though, that Saren's arm isn't all that's technological on him.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Not zombies.

I...

I don't know if I love you or hate you.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Rodent242Rodent242 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Argh, so close I can almost taste it now. My only gripe with the game right now is me changing my mind about what to play through the game as first.

Vanguard, no wait Soldier! Haha yes, but maby Infiltrators is really cool. *sigh*

Rodent242 on
    LIVE: Nitzer 24 , CO: @Rodent, Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rodent242/
    edited November 2007
    Rodent242 wrote: »
    Argh, so close I can almost taste it now. My only gripe with the game right now is me changing my mind about what to play through the game as first.

Vanguard, no wait Soldier! Haha yes, but maby Infiltrators is really cool. *sigh*

Well, Goomba says that Soldier is a bitch class, so you shouldn't play one of them at least.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have kept myself isolated from all the info about the various classes, skills, all of it. I know not a bit. I'm going to play through the first time based completely on what instinctively seems right. Then I'll use the various guides to try different combos.

Fatty McBeardo on
    edited November 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    Rodent242 wrote: »

Well, Goomba says that Soldier is a bitch class, so you shouldn't play one of them at least.

Yes, we're letting Goomba play it first, since he's got obvious dibs on it.

Houn on
    edited November 2007
    Pancake wrote: »

Yes, we're letting Goomba play it first, since he's got obvious dibs on it.

oooooooohhh

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Now that I've seen a description of the AI Hacking/Reverse Engineering skill, I'm dropping Engineer and going Infiltrator.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    edited November 2007
    If the Throw biotic power offers reasonable offensive ability, I'll play a Sentinel. Otherwise, it's Adept first. Definitely playing an Infiltrator the second time through.

Grid System on
    edited November 2007
    What? No, I never said that. I said Sentinel was the bitch class. Soldier is just under it because shooting is lame. Unless you get better gun skills or something.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    shooting is lame

I think you're playing the wrong game.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
    edited November 2007
    No.

You might even say he is playing exactly the right game.

Grid System on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    but shooting dudes is cool

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    Not as cool as warping the very fabric of the universe, causing your enemies to collapse in on themselves.

Grid System on
    edited November 2007
    No.

You might even say he is playing exactly the right game.

Well, no, I mean, he's saying he hates shooting, but the only thing he hates more than shooting is the class who can't shoot for shit O_o

Alucard6986 on
    edited November 2007
    Meh. Adept and Engineer can shoot but probably don't have to.

Grid System on
    edited November 2007

I would imagine it's still your primary way of killing/finishing your average enemy off, no matter what class you're playing.

Alucard6986 on
    edited November 2007
    Well, no, I mean, he's saying he hates shooting, but the only thing he hates more than shooting is the class who can't shoot for shit O_o
    Just shooting is lame. I mean, look:

Blahblah look at me I can shoot stuff blah blah.

Does that look fun? No, it doesn't.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I would imagine it's still your primary way of killing/finishing your average enemy off, no matter what class you're playing.

Unless you're a showoff.

Sorry.

Unless you're stylish!

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
    edited November 2007
    But that's what your squadmates are for!

Don't forget about mines, of course. They still do damage, according to what Shoe posted a couple pages back. Unless I misinterpreted somehow.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
    edited November 2007

I doubt it. Still, even if you are right, your squadmates can do the shooty if it comes to that.

Great minds post alike.

Grid System on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Are one handed weapons dual wieldable? I'll make a Tequila Shepard modeled after Chow Yun Fat.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Are one handed weapons dual wieldable? I'll make a Tequila Shepard modeled after Chow Yun Fat.

No, there's no dual wielding. Only the pistols are one handed, anyway.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
This discussion has been closed.