As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Undertale (and also MSPA): Notorious T.E.M.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    That's funny, when I do the same thing I tend to end up being wrong
    so does speed

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    You have to cross your eyes so you have a Temmie in the middle that you can trick yourself into thinking it's moving independently of the stuff around her

Temmie seems to be moving even when I just look at the right one and move my head around...

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    i'm going through lauren's LP

it's funny how it becomes really obvious in retrospect that Alphys and Mettaton
    are playing you
    "That last question... He wasn't supposed to ask that one."

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    That's funny, when I do the same thing I tend to end up being wrong
    so does speed

Nah I'm a pretty good guessman

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Speed is right every time except when he's not.

Gundi on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I knew in advance that act 6 of Homestuck was gonna be about the kids' guardians as kids

Everyone called me crazy at the time!!

• Options
    still glad I know nothing about homestuck

never want to fall down that rabbit hole

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    homestuck is fine

• Options
    Gundi wrote: »

it's p good

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I don't think the story is going anywhere but the jokes are funny enough for it to be worth reading just for them.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Homestuck is one of the better stories about making friends from all across the world purely through chat dialogue.
    Incredibly ambitious animation and short flash games for a webcomic.
    Some good wordplay running gags.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

it's p good

It used to be better.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »

it's p good

It used to be better.

nah

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    We're close to the best point of Homestuck than we've ever been.
    And that best point

is the point when it is over.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I stopped reading Homestuck once it got too complicated with too many characters to try to follow.

So did the other people I know outside of this thread who were reading it.

Probably go back and read it again if it ever finishes.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

There's a handy podcast I forgot the name of that can tell you about it.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    FedoraFreakFedoraFreak Gent of Piss Registered User regular
    Homestuck will never finish.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    I stopped reading Homestuck once it got too complicated with too many characters to try to follow.

Okay this is going to sound like I'm joking, but uh

Could you be more specific?

There are at least three different points where the cast list gets a lot bigger.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »

There are at least three different points where the cast list gets a lot bigger.

OK I can't find exactly where I left off, but it was around the time of the second set of trolls, and then alternate timelines and everything and I don't even remember what was going on anymore.

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »

OK I can't find exactly where I left off, but it was around the time of the second set of trolls, and then alternate timelines and everything and I don't even remember what was going on anymore.

Oh okay.

Yeah, that's when things got pretty out of hand even for me.

I still stuck with it, but yeah that was pretty dumb.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Well to be fair, only two of the new trolls were at all important and the others were more one off jokes.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Well to be fair, only two of the new trolls were at all important and the others were more one off jokes.
    That and interesting jumping off points for character development for the more story relevant trolls

It seemed like a crazier idea than it actually ended up being, looking back on it

• Options
    VickyBitVickyBit Registered User regular
    hey steven universe thread, check out this cool fusion dance gif
    tumblr_o3l9ekljqd1unpowho1_400.gif
    it's Papaya

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I didn't know how badly I wanted to see those characters interact before now

• Options
    PAPYRUS and sans are basically homestuck trolls what with their method of speaking.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hey guys maybe take the homestuck talk to the homestuck thread, geeze

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Options
    VickyBitVickyBit Registered User regular
    don't talk about homestuck ever again

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    become homestuck

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    VickyBit wrote: »
    don't talk about homestuck ever again

no vicky

you are the homestuck

• Options
    laurentheflutelaurentheflute Leader of The Returners AustinRegistered User regular
    Yesterday a friend of mine sent me 90 DMs on twitter explaining a specific behind-the-scenes Homestuck fandom drama situation they were part of. This is the closest I've come to directly engaging with Homestuck AND I FINALLY REALIZED WHAT "MSPA" IN THIS THREAD'S TITLE STANDS FOR. Which is really the great takeaway from that entire conversation.

And what you guys are talking about with my LP -- I like to think I'm a reasonably observant person, but I had NO IDEA that was going on. I basically missed that whole plot thread until it was explicitly revealed. I think I was trying very hard to not die at the time. I was definitely a lot more likely to miss things if they happened during combat.

I miss Undertale ;_; I have all this schoolwork and other obligations and I just want to be Undertaleing right now. Consoling myself by listening to the OST.

I got self-conscious about having a self-promotional signature. Now I don't have one anymore. HI, I'M LAUREN, I PLAY MUSIC AND VIDEO GAMES
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    If it helps the other week I convinced my roommate to play undertale and the other day us and our other 6 roommates who are all college dudes spent the evening getting hyped over the entire true ending and the music

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Yesterday a friend of mine sent me 90 DMs on twitter explaining a specific behind-the-scenes Homestuck fandom drama situation they were part of. This is the closest I've come to directly engaging with Homestuck AND I FINALLY REALIZED WHAT "MSPA" IN THIS THREAD'S TITLE STANDS FOR. Which is really the great takeaway from that entire conversation.

And what you guys are talking about with my LP -- I like to think I'm a reasonably observant person, but I had NO IDEA that was going on. I basically missed that whole plot thread until it was explicitly revealed. I think I was trying very hard to not die at the time. I was definitely a lot more likely to miss things if they happened during combat.

I miss Undertale ;_; I have all this schoolwork and other obligations and I just want to be Undertaleing right now. Consoling myself by listening to the OST.
    The game does a good job of messing with your expectations. You're told the robot has gone out of control and that's a pretty common plot so you just accept it and skim over anything that says otherwise.

It's part of why watching LPs is so fun for this because then you can see it more objectively.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I watch let's plays almost solely for the piano puzzle and reactions thereof.

Edit: By the way, pretty much everyone's reaction is the same. Everyone. And it's glorious.
    * Encounter piano puzzle. Some think Shyren is the tune, which is an understandable thing, but eventually, you move on.
    * Put umbrella on statue and hear music box. Everyone gets it that this is the tune meant to be reproduced on the piano.
    * Spend 10-75 minutes figuring out how the notes map out. For some reason, I was on the lower end of this, about 20 minutes when I did it myself (I think).
    * Dog? What dog? I don't remember picking up a dog.
    * The dog absorbs the artifact.
    * 5 stages of grief.

It's such a perfectly designed joke - it seems to work on EVERYONE. And I love it each time.

doomybear on
    what a happy day it is
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular

Well that's all part of the work. Of course you'd think it's a rampaging killer robot when you're taking a bunch of damage, but the trick is that Mettaton is only trying to kill you during his fight at the Core. In any other encounter, you won't die, even if you are hit while at 1 health.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    doomybear wrote: »
    I watch let's plays almost solely for the piano puzzle and reactions thereof.

Edit: By the way, pretty much everyone's reaction is the same. Everyone. And it's glorious.
    * Encounter piano puzzle. Some think Shyren is the tune, which is an understandable thing, but eventually, you move on.
    * Put umbrella on statue and hear music box. Everyone gets it that this is the tune meant to be reproduced on the piano.
    * Spend 10-75 minutes figuring out how the notes map out. For some reason, I was on the lower end of this, about 20 minutes when I did it myself (I think).
    * Dog? What dog? I don't remember picking up a dog.
    * The dog absorbs the artifact.
    * 5 stages of grief.

It's such a perfectly designed joke - it seems to work on EVERYONE. And I love it each time.
    I have no idea what you're talking about

edit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRImuZAa_rQ

huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... ok here's my let's play reaction

I walked right never noticing the room. put umbrella on statue. continued walking right.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    i had completely forgotten about the piano by the time i got to the statue

i don't know if i took a break between the two or if the piano just completely flew out of my mind as soon as i left the room or what

• Options
    So about the piano puzzle...
    Is anyone still unaware that this happens if you wait in front of the music box?

3qJC78B.png

Because I was until I saw it happen while my brother was playing it.

This discussion has been closed.