As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(NFL) Fantasy Football: Week 9

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'd rather watch the Pats - Bills game than the Chicago - Seattle game.

Either way, I'll be watching Family Guy Sunday night.

mcp on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah Pats/Bills is a better game.

Hell the Bills are 4-4, they still have a shot at the playoffs.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Chicago-Seattle game wouldn't be great either, but there's also Washington/Dallas and NYG/Detroit that week.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I forgot to mention,

The following Sunday (week 12) The Patriots play another NBC sunday night game.

Then the next week they have a Monday night game.

3 Patriots' primetime games in a row.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    ShimSham wrote: »
    The Chicago-Seattle game wouldn't be great either, but there's also Washington/Dallas and NYG/Detroit that week.

The networks are allowed to protect some games, because there's no way Fox and CBS would let NBC steal all thier best ones.

And Fox would definatley want to keep a Giants game or a Skins/Dallas game.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, Chester Taylor is a more than capable back-up RB. I'd be ok with him getting a few more carries. I don't want none of this "Let's give Adrian the ball only 4 times so he doesn't get hurt" crap though.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Well, Chester Taylor is a more than capable back-up RB. I'd be ok with him getting a few more carries. I don't want none of this "Let's give Adrian the ball only 4 times so he doesn't get hurt" crap though.

10-20 carries a game would be perfect for the rest of his career.

Ideally 10-15.

Transporter on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The funny thing is, San Diego totally should just make LT their quarterback.

And Minnesota might not do too bad trying the same with Adrian.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    No way should we hold Adrian back at 10 carries a game.

It was fucking ridiculous two weeks ago when he only got 12.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    wow great MNF game eh?

yknow usually in a football game you have two teams show up and play.

at one point in the 3rd quarter I was all "ravens should just punt on 1st down now", sure enough they got backed up by penalties and sacks and almost gave up a safety (very generous "forward progress" call on that..) so they punted back to the 50...

then the next drive my buddy goes "i predict a sack"... bam McNair eats some turf.

hey next week it's 49ers. I'm going to hide under my bed all night I think.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I like McNair.

He makes me feel good about having Huard as my team's QB.

mcp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    PeeWee football makes me feel good about my team's QB.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Vikings have a QB?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I use the term so loosely.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Jordyn whenever you feel down about your team remember... At least you aren't a Dolphins fan.

• Options
    edited November 2007
    The Dolphins aren't as bad as their record looks. There is hope for them in the not-too-distant future.

A healthier team (man, did they really deserve to lose Brown?), a change in staff, and a competent first string QB, and they could just as easily be 4-4 at this point. Maybe even 5-3.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    That is quite a few problems Nap.

• Options
    edited November 2007
    yeah, fuck, if we had a competent QB, we'd probably be doing a lot better too.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    What I'm saying is that their problems aren't as bad as a lot of other teams. And where they are, it's not really their fault.

Shit, I think at this point you kind of have to be excited. Once Brown is healthy again, you can move two a legit two-back setup, with Chatman running some short drag or slant style routes. With a decent QB to keep the downfield threat present, they would see longer possessions, more scores, etc.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The Vikings are a far better team than their record shows.

I'm really kinda thinking they beat Green Bay this week, but thankfully they're playing in Green Bay and not Minnesota.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Also that Visa Check Card commercial with all the New Orleans/Saints stuff going on is a little misleading.

There aren't near that many white people in New Orleans.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I hate that ESPN commercial with Drew Brees driving the Saints bandwagon and it not fitting and causing a back up. They should make a sequel of everyone bailing on that bandwagon, to reflect the times.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    That's not a bandwagon, it's a Mardi Gras float.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I was reading way too much into it then. Regardless, all the America's Team stuff from last season irritated the poop out of me because of the over-exposure and crap. Also, all the badnwagon fans around me who bought Reggie Bush jerseys. Though I was thankful for getting Brees in the third round last fnatasy season.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    ESPN wrote:
    Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is almost certain to miss Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos because of a foot injury.
    Part of me wants our featured runner to go against that terrible run defense that Denver has.

The other part of me wants to see how someone else does with more carries. I mean, is the problem with our o-line, or is Johnson just playing like shit?

Then again, how well can you gauge that on Denver?

I swear if we lose to a Patrick Ramsey let Broncos team, it's going to suck.

mcp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The only thing that would make the commercial better is having Saints players on top of the float throwing beads at the surrounding cars.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    A guy who was on the Giant's practice squad last year had 100 yards against the Broncos.

Priest could do it with limited carries.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Priest should enjoy the buffet that is Denver's run d. Until Huard starts handing out gifts. I hope Herm pulls his head way out of his ass and lets Croyle have a crack and an obviously weakened Denver team.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm more excited to see Kolby Smith than Priest.

mcp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    Priest should enjoy the buffet that is Denver's run d. Until Huard starts handing out gifts. I hope Herm pulls his head way out of his ass and lets Croyle have a crack and an obviously weakened Denver team.
    This might be the first and last time I'll ever hear anyone say a variation of "what we really need to do is let Croyle have a crack at it". Man. And beyond Croyle's dubious talent, I'm really not so sure that Huard is the problem. The guy has the chops to be successful in the NFL.

One issue could be that the Chiefs have the most ludicrously overrated O-Line in the NFL.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I dont know of anyone that thinks the Chiefs O-Line is still good.

They used to be great but those days are over.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You would be surprised.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    While we're on the topic of O-Lines....

I would have loved to see Dave Krieg helm the Seahawks with the O-Lines Hasselbeck has enjoyed. I weep for that poor man. He could've been a legend, I feel.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    This might be the first and last time I'll ever hear anyone say a variation of "what we really need to do is let Croyle have a crack at it". Man. And beyond Croyle's dubious talent, I'm really not so sure that Huard is the problem. The guy has the chops to be successful in the NFL.

One issue could be that the Chiefs have the most ludicrously overrated O-Line in the NFL.
    Are people actually saying that our line is any good? Our line hasn't been very good since Roaf retired.

Personally, I'd rather Croyle have a go at it. It's highly questionable that we'll make the playoffs. Huard is not the future of this team, and if Croyle is going to be, he needs experience. Let him have his growing pains this year.

I'm not saying Croyle is the second coming of Joe Montana, but I don't understand the "dubious talent" statment.

He was good in college. The knock against him has always been that he's been injured too much.

I mean, the guy owns most of the passing records at Alabama.

mcp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    mcp wrote: »
    naporeon wrote: »

Are people actually saying that our line is any good? Our line hasn't been very good since Roaf retired.

Personally, I'd rather Croyle have a go at it. It's highly questionable that we'll make the playoffs. Huard is not the future of this team, and if Croyle is going to be, he needs experience. Let him have his growing pains this year.

I'm not saying Croyle is the second coming of Joe Montana, but I don't understand the "dubious talent" statment.

He was good in college. The knock against him has always been that he's been injured too much.

I mean, the guy owns most of the passing records at Alabama.
    This man would like to have a word with you about how college success translates to NFL success.
    060426.jpg

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    And I think that the beef with Croyle is manifold.

Probably my biggest concern is that the guy weighs about six pounds. So: bird-like frame + injury proneness = ??? I mean, this doesn't seem like tough math.

Also, why the Huard hate? Across his 10 games last year, the guy had the second highest QB rating in the league. Expand his stats to a full season, and compare them to Brady's over the same period. I'm not saying that he's a profoundly gifted man, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Is this where I say that's a poor analogy because babies are worthless?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I don't see what Ryan Leaf has to do with this conversation.

He had his shot, and he was terrible.

Croyle has barely played and people are saying he's terrible.

How do you know? There's really nothing that says Croyle is going to suck. There's nothing to say he won't, but you have to find out at some point. He could use a few more pounds, he's 6'2, 206 but I think he should still get a shot.

I don't hate Huard. I think he did a fine job last year. He's also 34 years old. He's not a guy you're going to build a team on.

mcp on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    At least Croyle isn't Ken Dorsey.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    mcp wrote: »
    I don't see what Ryan Leaf has to do with this conversation.

He had his shot, and he was terrible.

I believe we were just thinking of every horrible QB we could think of to take over the Vikings.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.