As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2016 Solo Attendees Thread

• firedragon0781firedragon0781 VermontRegistered User regular
    This will be my fifth PAX, all 5 have been solo. I usually find someone to hang out with for a least a few hours most days. Sometimes it would be nice to have a group to help keep track of time. I don't know how many times I have gotten distracted and lost track of time and miss panels and stuff I wanted to go to. Even solo it's still the best 3 days of the year, and it's an added bonus to be surrounded by people who don't ask me if my Claptrap tattoo is a Transformer!

• RenegadeTKRenegadeTK Central MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    It would be great to meet any of you solo-ers out there. I'm staying at a hotel relatively close so perhaps we could organize a meet-up or something along those lines.

• thetom54thetom54 Registered User new member
    I'm going solo this year...I'd love to meet up with some people to play some boardgames

• a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    RenegadeTK wrote: »
    It would be great to meet any of you solo-ers out there. I'm staying at a hotel relatively close so perhaps we could organize a meet-up or something along those lines.

soloist meetup would be a cool idea.

• melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    Sure or maybe go to an event or something together

• brokenvegetablebrokenvegetable Virtual Photographer BostonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I will be there along with myself. I live in Framingham which is 20 minutes outside of Boston. I know the area very well and have been going to Pax East since 2011. I am 36M.

brokenvegetable on
  • ossipagoossipago Registered User regular
    Also solo-ing. Had a couple of room shares fall through on me so far already so please look me up in the room share thread if you are looking to reduce costs.

• moggdmoggd Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Solo-ing as well. If you want to room share, I have a space at the Seaport Hotel very close to the convention center. Look up my post on the room share thread.

moggd on
    i will be solo on friday,someone should make a soloist badge that we can wear that way we can spot other soloist.just a thought.

• WellywokzWellywokz Registered User regular
    This year I will be soloing as I already bought my badges and friends are backing out. Arrangements fell apart and searching rooms. It should be interesting as it is my real first time doing it.

• avdubsavdubs NYRegistered User regular
    first year going solo thus first year posting on the forums! definitely down for a soloist (makes us all sound so cool) meetup

• corsevcorsev Registered User regular
    Any of you going to be there thursday and want to meet up

I'm in Wednesday. My son and I usually go on the mystery tour Thursday. It's run by another PAX goer. It's very fun. They usually start a post for voting on places to visit.

• aPr0mPtaPr0mPt Quincy, MARegistered User new member
    Finally registered today just to respond to this thread. Gone to PAX East a few times and this is my first year going solo. Bought 4 tickets for Sunday and my 3 friends have all dropped out this year one-by-one. Now I got three extra tickets to get rid of (hopefully trade for sat/friday) and need to figure out how to do this alone.

Anyway, I live in Quincy (6 miles away from PAX) and definitely down for some Fire & Ice (yum). If anyone is staying around Quincy/Braintree hotels and needs a ride or someone to ride the T with to the convention, let me know.

PAX East 2016 here I come

http://culturepoptv.com
  • QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    corsev wrote: »

Hoping to do PokéCrawl, but if not, sure!

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Jigglypuff510Jigglypuff510 Registered User regular
    Updating this here, I will be in tabletop first thing on Saturday if anyone wants to play some Catan or other games (Not going Friday)

TbjrD9q.png
  • ReMarkable91ReMarkable91 Registered User new member
    This will be my first Pax ever and traveling solo from Europe, I will be staying at the Hi Hostel in Boston. Would love to take part in meet ups before and after pax hours.

• ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    im purposely soloing this year. ive gone to every East and i used to always go with my wife but now im single again and i wanna see what its like to solo it.

7US7VWW.png
  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    this year was intended to be solo or at least with a buddy (both over the age of majority) ... but my daughter and his son are joining us (both under the legal drinking age) so it will be a bit more sedate on the party front but pax and boston has plenty to do otherwise.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    This will be my 6th PAX solo. It's a great experience. You can choose exactly what you want to do, or not do, and when to do it. You've got like-minded friends all around you in every line you stand in! I personally think that solo traveling is a whole different experience than with family/friends, and if you enjoy it for what it is, you'll absolutely love it.

dgiab0m7h15x.png

zeale wrote: »
    This will be my 6th PAX solo. It's a great experience. You can choose exactly what you want to do, or not do, and when to do it. You've got like-minded friends all around you in every line you stand in! I personally think that solo traveling is a whole different experience than with family/friends, and if you enjoy it for what it is, you'll absolutely love it.

I agree. My son comes with me but he does his own thing so I'm always solo. I've yet to be bored. It does have its benefits.

past times i have gone with a friend and we alwasy end up goin our own way for a few hours.this year ill be goin solo friday to do the shit i wana do and then on sat with a friend to experience it all together.

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular

Depending on timing and if I'm not needed for setup definitely.

I'll be kicking around Thursday.

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Would remind everyone that if the Magical Mystery Tour is on again that that is a good way to link up with like minded folks too!

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • aPr0mPtaPr0mPt Quincy, MARegistered User new member

Depending on timing and if I'm not needed for setup definitely.

I'll be around thursday as well.

PAX East 2016 here I come

http://culturepoptv.com
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    Would remind everyone that if the Magical Mystery Tour is on again that that is a good way to link up with like minded folks too!

The tour is always fun. That's the only thing me and my son do together. I'm a definite for Thursday.

• PopinskiPopinski Registered User regular
    I'm going it solo this year. I'm into retro games, prob going to play in some tournaments and check out some panels this year. Definitely hitting up the concerts Sat night, Staying at the Westin, would like to meet some people!

• DrusycDrusyc Registered User regular
    Soloing for first time after going with a group the first 3 years, they bailed this year. Convention itself probably fine solo, Doing The after-party scene solo might be pretty lame though. Maybe im wrong.

• ProRican17ProRican17 Registered User new member
    I'll be rolling solo this year. Looking for some people looking to have a blast. Also to keep the party going after PAX, Friday night. Anyone in?

I'm heading to my hotel on Thursday (Embassy Suites Logan Airport). Pre, post, during, my dance card is wide open so if there is a place to be, name the time, the place, and any applicable secret passphrases and I am there.

edited March 2016
    I'm also at the Embassy. I'm arrive Wednesday afternoon. I'm open for whatever!

melzway on
  • BeastybunnyBeastybunny San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    This will be my 3rd year solo and I always have a fabulous time. I even tried the party thing last year and had a surprisingly good time.

• W3G_GlakeW3G_Glake Registered User new member
    So this will be my first year going. I'll most likely be soloing, unless any of my fellow online friends will be attending.

I'm 21, and will most likely be spending a lot of my time demo'ing new titles, and participating in whatever video game tournaments/events they have going on. I'm pretty laid back, so if anyone wants to hang out or tag along just shoot me a PM and maybe we can plan to meetup at some point ^^

• Guy1919Guy1919 Registered User new member
    This will be my first time to PAX East. I'll be travelling with a couple of friends but one person might back out. We're both flying from the southwest and looking for people to hang out with, have some drinks and hang out at PAX. We are both pretty laid back, in our late 20's and open to trying different stuff out at PAX and Boston.

Badges have arrived and the days are slowly counting down...

• SovereignvsSovereignvs Registered User regular
    As of right now, I'm going solo this year. But I'd prefer finding someone to hang out with. Maybe I could ask one of the thousands upon thousands of people I'll see over the weekend.

Of course, I would need tickets first...and a place to stay. Gotta work on that.

I just got my ticket to the Pre-PAX dinner, I figured everyone there will be pretty like-minded and if not...at least there's a bar...

• corsevcorsev Registered User regular
    I will be attending pax this year solo looking to meet up with others im 23 and play more xbox one games. Send me a msg if you want to plan a meet up

• MagnusantiMagnusanti Registered User regular
    Arg, my homies bailed on me, so I am going solo as well. I'll be using the local web going solo, like this, http://1000ways.org/0257-solo-at-pax/ see you there!

Gamer dad to gamer kids. Kerbalnaut first, then BF4. Will give any indie title a go.