As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Membrane

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Membrane

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• NemrexNemrex Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Man, I feel the same way. Whenever I get a new gadget or an artbook, I treat it like it was my newborn child. And when someone tries to even touch it with their oily, clammy, grubbed filled defiling hands, I can go bonkers.

Nemrex on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The peeling is definitely the best part.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Is Gabe on his phone at the movies? He deserves this.

• sandalwoodsandalwood Cartoonist New YorkRegistered User regular
    Haha, I'm definitely one of those "non-peelers".

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

It's probably before the movie started.

Probably.

steam_sig.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    sandalwood wrote: »

Yeah, that film protects the device. The long it's on, the later in its life my device will look good. It stays filmed until it has to come off. The refrigerator would still have it on if I had my way.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Yeah, that film protects the device. The long it's on, the later in its life my device will look good. It stays filmed until it has to come off. The refrigerator would still have it on if I had my way.

Anything that will scratch the face of a modern phone is going to slice right through the film.

• MaryAmeliaMaryAmelia Registered User regular
    Tempered glass is the way to go.

• identeregareidenteregare Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Eh, who gives a shit, it's not an iPhone / S7 Edge (delete according to your own arbitrary preferences).

Also, Amazon Penis.

identeregare on
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Ugh this is my girlfriend. "Oh you got a package" Awesome, I bet it's that board game order I've been waiting for "No I opened it for you and it's some books"

• FuzFuz Registered User regular
    Why is this shithead talking on the phone in a theater?

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

I follow the same logic. The main difference is that I don't consider something with plastic film on it to "look good". Also, I don't consider it to "feel good". I've never found a film that doesn't feel inferior to the bare glass. I just want to state that I'm fully aware that this is personal preference. But for me, it's the same problem as the old people with their vinyl sofas. Yes, the fabric will stay good far longer, but in the meantime you have these ugly plastic covered sofas that are no fun to sit on.

Fuz wrote: »

Because it's a webcomic. Tycho fucks dogs, after all. They had to find some way to top that.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I am currently on my 6th smartphone and have never scratched or broken a screen, and I haven't had any sort of screen protector on any of them since my second one. I hate screen protectors. They always get air bubbles under them and look terrible, and they make your screen feel gritty and unresponsive.

• magicnubsmagicnubs Registered User new member
    Fuz wrote: »

It's symbolic--he's missing out on both films.

...or he's just not a good person.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I cannot abide that plastic film on anything. I've seen people who've left the film on their laptop or monitor or something for years. It drives me crazy.

I broke the glass on my phone once when I dropped it right on the corner. A spiderweb of cracks went all through the glass. I went to a local shop and had them replace the glass. It still works fine. I still don't bother with cases.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Tycho is not a monster here because he opens the package, or takes the film off. It's putting it back on crooked, with the bubbles and everything. That's what gets me.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • GrassHopperGrassHopper Registered User regular

Also, Amazon Penis.

Ugh, I got an Amazon delivery today and now I see it

This is like when someone told me the FedEx logo made an arrow now. Can't be unseen

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

That film is doing nothing at all to protect the device.

• lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Shame on you for talking on the phone while in the theater, Gabe!

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I bet this is payback for Gabe dicking Tycho over while playing the Division.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    I am currently on my 6th smartphone and have never scratched or broken a screen, and I haven't had any sort of screen protector on any of them since my second one. I hate screen protectors. They always get air bubbles under them and look terrible, and they make your screen feel gritty and unresponsive.

All the people with their cellphone protector cases and I'm just putting my phone in my pants pockets and have been dropping it a bunch because I'm clumsy and not a scratch yet.

D083uBC.jpg
    The only thing I do to protect my smartphone is avoid carrying it in the same pocket as my keys.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    When my mom got a new iPhone she was complaining that calls had really low volume. So talking through my dad's phone I spent some time walking them through various settings trying to figure out what was going on. Sound settings, accessibility options, nothing was working. Turns out that leaving the plastic film on the iPhone was enough to muffle the earpiece speaker.

BronzeKoopa on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

It's probably before the movie started.

Probably.

You know the movie hasn't started because he still has popcorn left.

Maybe that's just me.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    The only thing I do to protect my smartphone is avoid carrying it in the same pocket as my keys.

I stick mine in the same pocket with keys.

I do have a case but more for the sake that it gives my clumsy fingers a better grip.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Tycho's finally got a face that's almost as good as some of Gabe's classics in the second panel there