As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hop on [POP] Music Thread

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
We haven't had one of these in a minute!

Let's talk about the popular music on the radio right now.

What we like and don't like.

Here are some of my favorite POP MUSIC RADIO HITS right now!!

Confident - Demi Lovato
Love Yourself - Justin Bieber
Stressed Out - Twenty One Pilots
I Took A Pill in Ibiza - Mike Posner
Hands to Myself - Selena Gomez
One Call Away - Charlie Puth
The Hills - The Weeknd (Basically anything by The Weeknd)
Ex's and Oh's - Elle King

Here are some songs I don't love or hate that are POP MUSIC RADIO HITS right now!!

My House - Flo Rida
Stitches - Shawn Mendes
Hotline Bling - Drake
Same Old Love - Selena Gomez
Stand By You - Rachel Platten

Here are some of my least favorite POP MUSIC RADIO HITS right now!!!

Sorry - Justin Bieber
7 Years - Lukas Graham
Cake By The Ocean - DNCE
Get Ugly - Jason Derulo
No - Megan Trainor

Then there is Work by Rihanna. I like it but dammit it sounds like she is just making bird noises throughout the damn song.

Here's some youtube for those modern kids who don't like to read!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwLRQn61oUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxpDa-c-4Mc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uLI6BnVh6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzTuBuRdAyA

Most of those videos are relatively NSFW because people have no decency and think it's ok to just flash shoulder and ankle all over the place now. Back in my day the Anytime, Anyplace video by Janet Jackson was scandalous. Now they air that shit on Nick Jr.

whoworeitbetter-1450560117k84ng_zpsdnfz9ib7.jpg

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Pop music is my favorite kind of music

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I picked up Badlands by Halsey and I really like it.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    There's a much more important topic to discuss here, and it's how Raijin is a criminal for using the blasted Song Name - Artist nomenclature instead of the obviously correct Artist - Song Name style.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I didn't use to keep up with the latest pop, but then I started driving all the time and listening to the radio.

So how about Taylor Swift's new song, the New Romantics? I'm not the biggest fan of the way she wrote or sang some of the lyrics, buuuut unlike Bad Blood or Shake it Off, the overall song is good enough that I can overlook the flaws and like the song legitimately.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    There's a much more important topic to discuss here, and it's how Raijin is a criminal for using the blasted Song Name - Artist nomenclature instead of the obviously correct Artist - Song Name style.

I did it on purpose because I'm a rebel.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I am here to say that 7 Years by Lukas Graham is the WORST SONG I HAVE HEARD IN YEARS

IT NEEDS TO BE NUKED FROM ORBIT

We're talking MacArthur Park bad, people

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I am here to say that 7 Years by Lukas Graham is the WORST SONG I HAVE HEARD IN YEARS

THANK YOU

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I just happened to be in a car when the radio "premiered" it and at first I was like, "Haha, this seems bad!" and then it kept going and I was like, "Boooy this sure is an awful song!" and then it KEPT GOING and we were getting close to our destination and I was finally like LET ME OUT I GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS CAR HOW IS THIS SO TERRIBLE

And then it was stuck in my head ANYWAY

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Raijin was going to try to help me get into pop music but then he got busy!

Oh snap! I forgot!

Wait no... I made this thread for you, Uriel!

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    It's me, I love terrible music

(I am told)

I've only heard it a couple times, but I really like Taylor Swift's new song! I think I've liked everything off this album so far except Bad Blood? Wish it were on Spotify

Taylor Swift singles off of this album

Shake it Off - C
    Bad Blood - C-
    Out of the Woods - B
    Blank Space - B+
    Style - A
    Wildest Dreams - C-

edited March 2016

Shake it Off - A
    Bad Blood - A
    Out of the Woods - B-
    Blank Space - A
    Style - A+
    Wildest Dreams - B

That grade for Bad Blood only applies to the album version

I hate the version with Kendrick Lamar

UnbreakableVow on
    I don't think I've heard the album version.

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016

Shake it Off - C
    Bad Blood - C-
    Out of the Woods - B
    Blank Space - B+
    Style - A
    Wildest Dreams - C-

Oh, I forgot about Out of the Woods. Not a big fan of that either

Though it's not Bad Blood bad

Blankspace is the best

Jimothy on
    I don't think I've heard the album version.

http://youtu.be/GKbZArJz9js

That is better.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Yall are wrong about Bad Blood. That is legit a good song.

So take a look at what you've done.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

Did... Did you not hear Macklemore's Spoons?

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    remember that a 32 year old man wrote this. And he has a Grammy.

http://youtu.be/LvGUwdqthio

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I listen to pop music on the elliptical machine.

My car doesn't have a working radio.

I like the chainsmokers
    The musical group

Smoking cigarettes is gross

DouglasDanger on
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I don't think Out of the Woods is a bad song, per say, but ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS YET ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS YET ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS YET ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS? ARE WE IN THE CLEAR YET ARE WE IN THE CLEAR YET ARE WE IN THE CLEAR YET ARE WE CLEAR YET? ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS YET ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS YET ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS YET ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS? ARE WE IN THE CLEAR YET ARE WE IN THE CLEAR YET ARE WE IN THE CLEAR YET ARE WE CLEAR YET GOOD.

Macklemore sucks. The saddest thing is, I used to think he was alright. Thrift Shop, Same Love, and Can't Hold Us were all pretty good songs.

Then he released Downtown and Spoons and that fucking song about his kids or whatever and they were all just terrible.

edited March 2016
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Yall are wrong about Bad Blood. That is legit a good song.

So take a look at what you've DOOOO-OOOOONE

Dr. Flamingo on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I like Taylor Swift

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    (I think Out of the Woods is my favorite song on that album)

((in related news I didn't expect to type out that I have a favorite song on a taylor swift album))

Can we talk about how great Demi Lovato's album is?

Because it's pretty damn good.

All of her albums have been pretty good

Heart Attack from her last album is one of my favorite pop songs maybe ever?

http://youtu.be/AByfaYcOm4A

Confident is SO DAMN GOOD.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Elle King's album is easily my most played right now after the Hamilton Soundtrack. It's pretty much amazing from beginning to end. Also if you like pop country Kasey Musgraves is wonderful.

Also I like Out of the Woods and the Ryan Adams version is pretty great too.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

i usually love all the stupid pop stars you can't tell apart but when demi lovato (or more likely whoever writes demi lovato's songs) ripped off sleigh bells and then she went on twitter and completely denied it and called them jealous for lightly calling her out, i stopped liking her

especially watching all of her fans tweet at sleigh bells so incoherently

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    and the Ryan Adams version is pretty great too.

I'm pretty biased against Taylor Swift. Pop music usually isn't my jam. But that Ryan Adams cover actually convinced me that Bad Blood was a really well written song.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    eeeeehhhhhhhhhh

I love Sleigh Bells to bits and those similarities are pretty generous

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    macklemore makes drake look like suge knight

6vjsgrerts6r.png

http://youtu.be/KEI4qSrkPAs

The Weeknd makes some pretty good pop music. I really like the other song posted up top too.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    . Also if you like pop country Kasey Musgraves is wonderful.

She really is delightful.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    YaYa wrote: »
    eeeeehhhhhhhhhh

I love Sleigh Bells to bits and those similarities are pretty generous

If it weren't both in the same song id probably concede it could be coincidental

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    I really enjoy Fifth Harmony.