As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I got ya [Movies] thread right here, pal

19495969798100»

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I think Zootopia is a movie that, five years ago, would be hailed as amazing and poignant. We have grown spoiled.

I mean, it's the best animated movie in recent memory that isn't Frozen or Inside Out or The Lego Movie or Song of the Sea or one of two others I'm probably forgetting.

I honestly like it over Frozen and Inside Out, and possibly even The Lego Movie. I haven't seen the last one.

I'm also surprised to see a kids film about racism metaphors that is actually good.
    The villain's plan is even to basically start a race war.

My cousin and I also caught the neat Breaking Bad reference with the rams named Walter and Jesse.

Just wish Nick and Judy had become a couple by the end. It'd be neat to have her parents warning her about foxes only for her to come home with a fox boyfriend.

They might be, even if not explicitly stated.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etzke3JW8O8

This is from a movie that got put in real theaters.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Still better than anything Sandler has put out in the last decade.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    I guess it's Zootropolis over here for some reason?

Good to hear it's good! Pretty excited for it. <3

Read somewhere that "Zootopia" is a trademark in some countries so the name had to be changed for other territories

• Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    gah give some warning next time please - I hate that I accidentally gave an Atlas Shrugged video another view count

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Still better than anything Sandler has put out in the last decade.

Gradients of bad.

Sandler films are dull and crass, I just watched that scene and it was dull amateurish and boring.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, I was just reminded of Rango. I thought it was pretty good.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I wanted to like Rango a lot more than I actually did. I dug its vibe, but I could never get as invested as I wanted to.

In other news, I showed my wife Kung Fury and I am pretty sure she is going to leave me now.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Rango lacks the (admittedly very effective) sentimentality that e.g. Pixar always have, and I appreciate it for that. I agree it's not as emotionally engaging as the ones that aim straight for the feels, but that particular flavour of animation is something I think we have a lot of already.

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
This discussion has been closed.