As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - VR Triptych

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - VR Triptych

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    SO
    No shirt
    No shoes
    No pants
    Dick out
    No Vive

Normally if I have my dick out. I'm not going to want to have pants on...But it's your party.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The tarp continuity was unexpected and caught me off guard

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    SO
    No shirt
    No shoes
    No pants
    Dick out
    No Vive

Normally if I have my dick out. I'm not going to want to have pants on...But it's your party.

pants are versatile objects

• Giancarlo MagnoGiancarlo Magno Registered User regular
    Now kiss!

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    the missed overlay spots on the H in shoes are the only thing I can look at

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    Nobody else is mentioning the giant wang in panel 2? Is it just me seeing this? Or have giant wangs just become so blasé that it raises nary an eyebrow :)

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I would've been fine with two VRs. I even had a plan for four. But this is unprecedented.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    SO
    No shirt
    No shoes
    No pants
    Dick out
    No Vive

But can one TRULY have their "dick out" if they have no pants (nor presumably underpants) on? What would it be "out" OF?

I'm sure it's a zen koan or something.

dennis on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I hope the guys do some videos with them fucking around on the vive

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Nobody else is mentioning the giant wang in panel 2? Is it just me seeing this? Or have giant wangs just become so blasé that it raises nary an eyebrow :)

I thought that was a light in the other room. Or maybe a rain shower. Which would make sense for slicing off after VR time, but Tycho is wearing clothes.

YoungFrey on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    The tarp continuity was unexpected and caught me off guard
    Tarp. Putting the "dreaded" in "dreaded continuity."

• Ryan@Ryan@ Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    @Youngfrey / @Christian LeBlanc: That's a monitor output of his VR session, if I'm not mistaken....
    take from that what you will

Ryan@ on
    Once you know what you're looking at, it makes more sense (as much sense as a giant wang can). There's a half-height purple wall that's likely just a couch, probably to corral vivers in. Then on the other side, a monitor which is in both panels 1 and 2. In panel one, it's showing a full screen flesh tone. Then in panel 2, Tycho has walked around the couch and is sitting with his head in front of the monitor.

edited March 2016
    "Tilt Brush is a three dimensional paint canvas; Gabriel has talked about it before. He uses it every day. You can actually see the massive, terrifying prong he drew in panel two, which is just a shot he took from inside the app. I can’t emphasize this enough: he did not draw that for this strip. It was saved in the gallery. It’s possible to feel some kind of virility emanating from that prodigious rod, even though it looks like it’s composed of turkey cold cuts and wet gyro meat."

https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2016/03/11/vr-triptych

I still can't fathom that there are people who've read PA for years but don't read/don't know about Tycho's posts.

dennis on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    dennis wrote: »
    "Tilt Brush is a three dimensional paint canvas; Gabriel has talked about it before. He uses it every day. You can actually see the massive, terrifying prong he drew in panel two, which is just a shot he took from inside the app. I can’t emphasize this enough: he did not draw that for this strip. It was saved in the gallery. It’s possible to feel some kind of virility emanating from that prodigious rod, even though it looks like it’s composed of turkey cold cuts and wet gyro meat."

I still can't fathom that there are people who've read PA for years but don't read/don't know about Tycho's posts.

Well, keep in mind that the news post is often put up several hours after the comic.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png

Well, keep in mind that the news post is often put up several hours after the comic.

Right, but the PREVIOUS news post is still there (and usually just as good as the current one). I think it'd be hard to miss that such a thing existed.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

Right, but the PREVIOUS news post is still there (and usually just as good as the current one). I think it'd be hard to miss that such a thing existed.

Both the link and quote you provided were for this comic, though...

I'm not sure where you're going with this.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

I'd guess it's because people are waaaaaay more likely to share a comic than a newspost. So people who see PA when it spreads might never see a newspost.

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    SO
    No shirt
    No shoes
    No pants
    Dick out
    No Vive

It's like no shirt, no shoes, no service. Violation of any of the conditions is enough. So, no pants, no Vive, but even if you do have pants, but your dick is out, still no Vive.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    See I read that as requirements for entry:

No shoes, shirt, or pants, have your dick out and don't bring your Vive.

MichaelLC on
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    SO
    No shirt
    No shoes
    No pants
    Dick out
    No Vive

But can one TRULY have their "dick out" if they have no pants (nor presumably underpants) on? What would it be "out" OF?

The Tao of Dick Out when you write it I will be your first customer.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    SO
    No shirt
    No shoes
    No pants
    Dick out
    No Vive

The Tao of Dick Out when you write it I will be your first customer.

Is that the sequel to Zen and the Art of Dick Maintenance?

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

I...I assumed it was just a tower on whatever movie Tyco was watching. Now I realize it is the Vive's video output...

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular

I didn't think it was special, I mean he mentions drawing it in the very panel in which it appears.

Both the link and quote you provided were for this comic, though...

I'm not sure where you're going with this.

I was talking about people who don't even know newsposts EXIST, period. We've had them even post here. On the forums. It blows my mind.

I'm not asking it to be explained to me, though. Clearly it's a thing that can happen, as it happens. Just expressing my continuing amazement.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Man, I pretty much forget they exist all the time. I usually catch up on the new comic by going to the new comic threads here in the forum instead of the comic page.
    Back when I was in highschool and college I read pretty much every newspost, but now I typically only head over to that side if someone here mentions it was particularly notable or I'm completely lost as the comic's context.
    I really should get back into reading them.

steam_sig.png
    Man, I pretty much forget they exist all the time. I usually catch up on the new comic by going to the new comic threads here in the forum instead of the comic page.
    Back when I was in highschool and college I read pretty much every newspost, but now I typically only head over to that side if someone here mentions it was particularly notable or I'm completely lost as the comic's context.

Yeah, I'm in that boat. Does he still list music he's currently into at the bottom of the post? That's how I got into Scroobius Pip.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    There are also people who don't know they have a podcast despite the very obvious tabs at the top of the page. If the comic is the only thing you come to Penny Arcade for, then you are missing out.

• fortyforty Registered User regular

Yeah, I'm in that boat. Does he still list music he's currently into at the bottom of the post? That's how I got into Scroobius Pip.
    He stopped doing the music thing a couple years back.