As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fear [The Walking Thread]]: Also fear SPOILERS, of which there are many in here!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    No, totally separate.

Okay, just seemed like the Wolves stuff went kinda unexplained, so I keep expecting them to come up again.
    I really feel they wanted something to do with them since Deanna said they removed a person from Alexandria that was cleaver and smart but was not a team player
    They really did nothing with the trailers full of the dead nor really explained the scene where they had calmed them with EDM music .
    But something happened behind the scenes to have them be just a bloodthirsty roaming mob to assault the town
    When the actor that played the Wolf was on the talking dead did not say but alluded to it they had no idea what do with his character

I really feel Negan is just lame and the build up to him has been forced

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    It is insanely confusing to have all these guys with Ws on their heads and then have neegan, because the W implies ownership more than really a band of guys, so I was expecting a wolf leader, then they all just died I guess? And it took me a while to realise neegan wasn't the wolf leader

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    agreed on the wolves. I had no idea what their point was, other to reinforce that once the threat of zombies are contained as it can be, the real threat is other people. But honestly, I felt like that was done well enough through the governor earlier.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    A lot of the reason this back half of the season has been so good so far is that they're sticking very close to the comics. Shot for shot in a lot of cases. The death of the character at the end of this arc serves a huge purpose in multiple ways:

comic spoilers
    Glenn's death not only shows you what kind of psycho Negan is. He doesn't care about killing your leader, getting revenge for you killing his men, etc. He's just going to randomly kill somebody and send the message. It also serves to drive Maggie to her future developments, usurping control of Hilltop from Gregory. The show's done a good job of setting Maggie up for that.

As for the wolves and their weirdness, they were trying to parallel the scavengers from the comics with them, but the problem is on the show they foreshadowed them in a way that made them feel like something way scarier. Like back at that one dude's suburb, with the painted message about them and all that. It made it feel like the wolves covered a huge amount of ground, and might've been some huge force. But instead they're just this ragtag band of dummies who attack Alexandria once and then it's over.

One of the showrunners said in an interview they named the wolf leader Owen and had a big backstory for him and everything, but presumably it all just hit the cutting room floor, and they realized they didn't want to spend the time to develop them further. It's a shame knowing that they could've cut the terrible Daryl loses his crossbow ep. and probably one other weak one from the first half of this season and done more with the wolves, but eh, they did what they did.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Speculation for future episodes based in comics and cast news
    The only out I see for Glenn is the bond he seems to be forming with Heath who is probably going to die. He was just cast in a major network TV show so I am expecting a quick an unceremonious death for him. I doubt he will get to meet Lucile, but I could see Glenn being weird after killing someone and then Heath stuff driving him to leave Rick's group for Hilltop to get away from being a soldier all the time. My comic knowledge is spotty though so that might not allow for any lineup with what Maggie did.

Of course given how closely they are sticking to the comics it is almost zero chance and instead are going to annoy me with Glenn dying. Not that I object to him dying, but all the build up has gone from exciting to just tiresome after the huge dumb fakeout.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Wait I thought he took off?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Wait I thought he took off?

Yeah I was kind of thinking he'd just be off the show now.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Where is this shock and gore stuff coming from?

I just said I wanted him to die, I never said how. I don't like the character and I'd be more interested to see what becomes of the group without him.

Just saying that people's obsession with character's death is stupid. Like a Gorefest thing. Needless dying is stupid.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Most recent ep spoilers
    Thinking about it, Heath and Tara left just a couple minutes before it was revealed the place is apparently surrounded. It'd make sense that they were both captured too.

And Tara's actor is pregnant, Heath's is on a new show... hrrm.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    They are not doing a good job at all hiding Tara.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular

I don't know. The huge plate sitting in the drying rack this past episode didn't seem obvious at all.

BTW, she's already had the baby and on TTD mentioned that she was at 9mo during the filming of this past episode. Atleast she don't have to wear that hoodie in the middle of Atlanta summer weather anymore.

• Options
    TheCanMan wrote: »

I don't know. The huge plate sitting in the drying rack this past episode didn't seem obvious at all.

BTW, she's already had the baby and on TTD mentioned that she was at 9mo during the filming of this past episode. Atleast she don't have to wear that hoodie in the middle of Atlanta summer weather anymore.

Her face was really sporting the pregnancy chub, kind of jarring tbh.

But meh, all good.

• Options
    I like to imagine in-show-universe Tara just relaxed since she found a new girlfriend and a safer place to live where they have more readily available food and just gained 30 pounds. I did the same thing when my wife was pregnant, eating like I was growing a human too. =P

• Options
    Sympathy weight

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I like to imagine in-show-universe Tara just relaxed since she found a new girlfriend and a safer place to live where they have more readily available food and just gained 30 pounds. I did the same thing when my wife was pregnant, eating like I was growing a human too. =P

Oh god that's the worst part. Like she gets to give birth, I keep my food baby.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    No kidding. Plus my wife lost all her baby weight just from breast feeding and not being pregnant any more. And here I am sweating on my rowing machine trying to undo all that damage her cake and fast food cravings did to me. =P

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Nah it doesn't really make sense for anyone to be overweight on this show.

I mean the driving force for Rick and crew these last few episodes has been "we are running out of food".

I'm reminded of Hurley on Lost.

RT800 on
  • Options
    They're running low cause Tara ate everything. ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Bursting into Carol's house all the time growling "RAWR! COOKIES, POT PIE! FEED TARA NOW!"

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    Bursting into Carol's house all the time growling "RAWR! COOKIES, POT PIE! FEED TARA NOW!"

"Please don't eat me! I've been scavenging acorns to grind into flour for days. I almost have enough for a batch of cookies..."

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    So we got some Carol and Morgan time. Morgan is sticking to his guns that there is still hope with living people and he appears to be building a jail. Morgan has gotten into Carol's head as well. She's tallying up how many living she has killed and baked a cookie for a dead kid. Her character's arc is pretty interesting!

e: I totally forgot about the "Am I a mother to you?" "No you're something else" *smooch* scene as well.

BlazeFire on
  • Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    The Wolves were basically Lizzie all grown up so the idea that that murdering maniacs can be fixed is probably something that pains her a great deal.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Lol are you kidding me with
    Rick and glen gently and slowly pushing knives into living guys heads with zero noise or spasming from the bodies

Is literally everyone's head a melon in this show, living or dead
    When Rick killed the guy I thought "Oh shit, it's a trap!" I had thought they would've realized the head was already cut into from the other side, and the Saviors were using walkers to pretend they were in bed. Then they pull off a successful ambush, leading to the introduction of Negan and Lucille.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Rick and glen gently and slowly pushing knives into living guys heads with zero noise or spasming from the bodies

When Rick killed the guy I thought "Oh shit, it's a trap!" I had thought they would've realized the head was already cut into from the other side, and the Saviors were using walkers to pretend they were in bed. Then they pull off a successful ambush, leading to the introduction of Negan and Lucille.

I thought
    This is entirely too easy... Oh shit!
    Is this just the facility they keep the hostages in? ARE THEY KILLING THE HOSTAGES?? D:

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    ExileExile Registered User regular
    So the groups we have on the show now are:
    Alexandran's (Main group)
    Hill Toppers
    Wolves
    Saviors (Negan's group)

I'm I missing anybody?

I'm going to need a new Gun. Also one for the police girl.
    But I already have a gun.
    Get that bitch a cannon. Bitches love cannons.
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Chances are pretty good you could cross Wolves off that list, every indication thus far is that they are all dead. Owen was the last one and their legacy of marauding ended with him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mollehmolleh Registered User regular

lol I thought that was pretty hilarious. Folks, getting stabbed in the brain is not an instant lights out, night night kind of thing. Just ask Phineas Gage.

• Options
    molleh wrote: »

lol I thought that was pretty hilarious. Folks, getting stabbed in the brain is not an instant lights out, night night kind of thing. Just ask Phineas Gage.

It absolutely can be though. Hitting the right spots would be pretty easy if they are sleeping. Phineas Gage got incredibly lucky in where he was hit, and spent a few days in a coma as I recall (but that was because of the concussion more than anything). Hit anything in the base of the brain and you are done, and the right spots in the mid brain would functionally cause full paralysis.

• Options
    Could have been cutting throats?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Could have been cutting throats?

No they very clearly
    hold the knife straight up and down, probably shoving it through the eye? even if you slit someone's throat they are going to wake up and move a bit while they bleed out.

• Options
    Ah yeh, now I remember. Welp. Guess the Nestlé skull softening is still in effect. ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    You know the whole knife choice seems really weird now that I think of it. A bunch of hammers or other blunt objects can only be better. Either they have zombo skulls and crush easy, or getting the knife in will be a bitch. If the skull is in tact the brain trauma can easily render then unable to wake for several days in a best case scenario due to massive concussions. Not going to be a huge noise difference I don't imagine.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I did not get the photos on the wall
    I think I remembered them but again it's foggy

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I assume they were
    pictures of folks negan had beaten to a pulp?

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Brainleech wrote: »

I'm pretty sure those were photos
    of bat smash victims. I think it's foreshadowing Negan and also proof that these dudes they are stabbing in the head while they sleep really are bad dudes that deserve it. No sympathy allowed. That guy that Glen killed specifically was probably really creepy if had gory murder photos right next to his bed.

Xantomas on
  • Options
    I didn't get why that random goon had those photos, though.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    mollehmolleh Registered User regular

I think they were
    there to make Glen and everyone else seem less like cold blooded murderers. Basically it was "oh look, the guy was a sadistic fuck anyway, so now we can feel less like heartless murderers. Yay!"

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Someone guessed earlier that that facility may have been a holding facility for Negan's prisoners/hostages. If so, those could have been there to serve as reminders about what happens when you don't behave.
    Could explain why the guns were locked up.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Someone guessed earlier that that facility may have been a holding facility for Negan's prisoners/hostages. If so, those could have been there to serve as reminders about what happens when you don't behave.
    Could explain why the guns were locked up.
    Eh. Most of the doors were unlocked, it's where they keep the guns and the food... doesn't seem like a place to hold hostages.

Plus, what other hostages would they even be holding? They're not holding any Alexandria hostages, they released their Hilltop hostage... they don't seem like the sorts of people to keep random hostages around for shits and giggles, guarding them and giving them food, and as far as we know there aren't any other communities that they need leverage for.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    molleh wrote: »

I think they were
    there to make Glen and everyone else seem less like cold blooded murderers. Basically it was "oh look, the guy was a sadistic fuck anyway, so now we can feel less like heartless murderers. Yay!"

Foreshadowiiiiiiiiinnnnng.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
This discussion has been closed.