As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – -KLAUS-

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – -KLAUS-

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play -KLAUS-. You can watch the full length version of this episode here.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    Cool...but I feel like I'm starting to see more and more of this same type of thing. Braid, Swapper, now this game, even maybe something like Closure. I guess they're all puzzle games, and there's nothing wrong with some good solid puzzles, but I just start to feel a certain sameyness...

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    jerodast wrote: »
    Cool...but I feel like I'm starting to see more and more of this same type of thing. Braid, Swapper, now this game, even maybe something like Closure. I guess they're all puzzle games, and there's nothing wrong with some good solid puzzles, but I just start to feel a certain sameyness...

Hmmm. Lumping Braid and Swapper in together makes me wonder where the sameyness you're seeing is. Platforming with unique mechanics? By that I mean that they were similar to me in that they both did something different from regular platformers. They didn't do the SAME different thing, but instead were different in different ways.

I will agree that with KLAUS, it seems like a pretty well done platformer without a whole lot of innovation (at least as shown in just the first 15 minutes, which could be deceptive). Just throwing me off when you put those other examples in there as part of your comment.