As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo 3] Season 5: join PAF community for clan invite - early 2.4.1 info pg.93

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Welp, I can slowly work on Green Wings. I will be preordering Legion; but I'm on the fence for Overwatch. I've been in the Beta since it was first announced, but all I can get out of it is that: I really suck at FPS.

Mugsley on
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'm on the fence for Overwatch. I've been in the Beta since it was first announced, but all I can get out of it is that: I really suck at FPS.
    You can say that now. Once it hits the masses, you will discover you are an FPS god!

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    It's funny that I had never played DH until this season and now it's probably my favorite class.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    It's funny that I had never played DH until this season and now it's probably my favorite class.

*nods approvingly*

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Mirinae changes could be very amusing. I was playing around with it on my Blessed Shield Crusader and rapid firing orbital ion cannons were hilarious but the pulse is just slow and lame. Faster pulses could make it a lot more interesting.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    For anyone that's at all curious, there's currently a Barb build that's doing fairly well at the moment on the PTR (that is still mostly functional on live) that revolves around all of the Frenzy boosting items (minus the belt) and thorns. It is a Legacy of Nightmares build, however. But it's at least cool that barbs have a generator/thorns build as well.

butts
    @TOGSolid do you mind linking your build for Blessed Shield?

• jergarmarjergarmar hollow man crew goes pew pew pewRegistered User regular
    Whew, approaching my first level 70 character in my first time playing any Diablo game... and now I'm beginning to see that this rabbit hole is pretty deep. Should I even try to hop into the PA clan? I mean, if I'm just derping around casually, the clan benefits might be overkill.

When I was a child, I had a fever...
    jswidget.php?username=jergarmar&numitems=7&text=none&images=small&show=hot10&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    My BoardGameGeek profile
    Battle.net: TheGerm#1430 (Hearthstone, Destiny 2)
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    The benefits of playing with a group of people far outweighs not doing it. Besides the improved experience and loot from having multiple people in a game, you can also just leech any gear the others don't need. If there are spots, join the clan. The only problem is that if you want to play with people in the clan you more or less have to play seasons.

Jookie on
    butts
    edited March 2016
    Jookie wrote: »
    The benefits of playing with a group of people far outweighs not doing it. Besides the improved experience and loot from having multiple people in a game, you can also just leech any gear the others don't need. If there are spots, join the clan. The only problem is that if you want to play with people in the clan you more or less have to play seasons.

Oh, I'm totally on board with playing a seasonal character. It's actually one of the big draws for me. Start from scratch periodically with a different character, see how strong you get, etc etc. I'm realistic that I'll be lagging behind most other people. But thanks for the encouragement.

And forgive the noob question, is it really true that because of the ability to transmute materials, white drops are usually MORE valuable than yellow drops, because they salvage to multiple mats? Is there a caveat there? Because that seems more than a bit strange.

jergarmar on
    jswidget.php?username=jergarmar&numitems=7&text=none&images=small&show=hot10&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    My BoardGameGeek profile
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    a lot of us are just derping around casually, so its totally cool!

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    jergarmar wrote: »
    is it really true that because of the ability to transmute materials, white drops are usually MORE valuable than yellow drops, because they salvage to multiple mats? Is there a caveat there? Because that seems more than a bit strange.

I've never transmuted any mats. Ever. If you just pick up everything for a good while, you end up with basically infinite mats anyway (I mean, other than Death's Breath and Forgotten Souls)

"Reusable Parts" does tend to be the thing I have the least of (of the three "easy" things to get), but not overly. Like, I'll have a maxed stack (5k) of the yellow and blue mats, and then like 4.1k of the white ones.

Regarding the clan... Yeah, come join us. Usually someone's willing to powerlevel you, which will boost you to 70 in less than an hour. Another 5 minutes after that and you'll have 4/6 of your class set.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    is it really true that because of the ability to transmute materials, white drops are usually MORE valuable than yellow drops, because they salvage to multiple mats? Is there a caveat there? Because that seems more than a bit strange.

I've never transmuted any mats. Ever. If you just pick up everything for a good while, you end up with basically infinite mats anyway (I mean, other than Death's Breath and Forgotten Souls)

"Reusable Parts" does tend to be the thing I have the least of (of the three "easy" things to get), but not overly. Like, I'll have a maxed stack (5k) of the yellow and blue mats, and then like 4.1k of the white ones.

Regarding the clan... Yeah, come join us. Usually someone's willing to powerlevel you, which will boost you to 70 in less than an hour. Another 5 minutes after that and you'll have 4/6 of your class set.

And if you'd prefer to play solo for a bit, I'd highly recommend doing the season journey achievements, which reward a full set of class armour. I went from 1-70 the slow way (playing campaign!) to full greenz in just over a day, with no boosting.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    edited March 2016
    Spaffy wrote: »
    akjak wrote: »

And if you'd prefer to play solo for a bit, I'd highly recommend doing the season journey achievements, which reward a full set of class armour. I went from 1-70 the slow way (playing campaign!) to full greenz in just over a day, with no boosting.

I'm actually finishing up my first campaign, and I was planning on doing exactly this. I have no problem with getting the powerlevelz, but I'll get my first character ever up to 70, get my greenz, and then roll a season character and jump into the clan for realz.

As an aside, I'm usually all about the pet classes, but that barbarian is some good fun. Probably will continue with that this season. Between this and HOTS, I'll be all-barbar all the timetime.

How many characters do you guys tend to focus on in a season?

jergarmar on
    My BoardGameGeek profile
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    ...i had not noticed the season journey achievements.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Seems like on the PTR, the Simplicity's Strength and Depth Digger buffs don't work at all with Carnevil. So instead of getting buffed, it's actually actively worse now.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I'm convinced that build is cursed

breaks every time

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    the PTR in general is kinda fucked after the newest patch tonight... the buffs are gone for the PTR and half the shit ain't working right

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    How many characters do you guys tend to focus on in a season?

I pretty much only focus on one. Last season I went a bit crazy, but that's only because I didn't already have a 70 barb, witch doctor, or monk.

Now that I have all the classes 70 and with reasonable gear on non-season, I'm not terribly motivated to roll more than one for season.

I happened to have chosen poorly this season and went wizard, but by god it's going to be the BEST IN SLOTiest wizard ever. There's something kinda nice about being able to keep EVERYTHING because your stash is only for one class.

When the season ends, I'll just keep the very best of the best and chuck/cube everything else.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Seems like on the PTR, the Simplicity's Strength and Depth Digger buffs don't work at all with Carnevil. So instead of getting buffed, it's actually actively worse now.

Impossible?! They're multiplicative now...
    Wait... did they do that thing where only real generators count for Depth Diggers again??? That's why wizards can't use Depth Diggers at all.

Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    its ptr, so they probably just broke everything by removing a few wings

given how diablo 3's engine works it makes perfect sense

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    edited March 2016
    Anyone tried shield bash roland's on PTR?

Building up charges for a 360º shield glare sounds fun in theory, but apparently it double dips CoE so that might be somewhat annoying? I guess not though, because you can glare so often that you can probably ignore the buff.

Noggin on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    its ptr, so they probably just broke everything by removing a few wings

given how diablo 3's engine works it makes perfect sense

Yeah shit's all borked. They already confirmed that Shadow 2p SHOULDN'T be working with Marauder's and that it is a bug.

Wouldn't be surprised if the whole Depth Diggers thing is a bug too.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Oh, apparently the Shadow 2p thing was fixed - just not officially noted.

Noggin wrote: »
    I guess not though, because you can glare so often that you can probably ignore the buff.

Is it bad that this is my philosophy when I run my Thornsader, too? Like, I get the timing helps, but I'm hitting Punish and my cooldowns so often that I don't really pay attention to CoE's rotation.

edited March 2016
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Noggin wrote: »
    I guess not though, because you can glare so often that you can probably ignore the buff.

Is it bad that this is my philosophy when I run my Thornsader, too? Like, I get the timing helps, but I'm hitting Punish and my cooldowns so often that I don't really pay attention to CoE's rotation.

Not really? Like, for pushing up against very high GRs it becomes important, but if you're having fun and doing well on the content you want to clear without worrying about it... that's fine.

Builds like Thornsader and Pet-Inna's benefit from matching the CoE rotation mainly because those abilities can get to a similar cooldown.

Roland's looks to be more like season 4 Uliana - it was using CoE, but Seven-Sided Strike gets to such a short cooldown that you could mostly ignore the buff and still almost always benefit from the cold rotation.

Noggin on
    I also can't drag my eyes down to the toolbar when things get a bit nutso, to watch the element rotation so I can line up whichever cooldown.

For now, I'm sitting at GR45 and just enjoying myself. I'll have to start moving up the ladder soon to level gems, but I'm not planning to push GR progression. I have a distant goal of getting my stash tab, but otherwise I don't care. I'm currently at whichever level requires you to run a TX rift in 5 minutes (Crusader?); and I will probably have to get into some sort of Sprinter team, at some point.

edited March 2016
    So close to finishing seasonal journey. Two more ranks on one gem, the TX speed rift, beat GR69 last night and I think I could take a 70 if I got a good density...

Just gotta figure out what conquest to tackle last. Might do the six sets to GR55, that seems doable (need to get one more set put together on the crusader)

Naphtali on
    I have all 4 sets on the Crusader; I'm just being lazy about putting builds together for the other three. I should probably work on that.

I figure I better get it done before dark souls 3. aint no way its happening after that

• HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I found Avarice, Years of War, and The Thrill the easiest by far.

So if you have already done Avarice and The Thrill, I would definitely go for Years.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

edited March 2016
    Yeah, I've already done those two.

edit: GR70 in 14:58, sheeeeesh

Naphtali on
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Well only one objective away from getting my stash tab. I just need to clear a rift within four minutes on TX. I'll probably look at a splint team for getting that, since that's how I got the five minute one. I'm assuming there is only the one tab, so I won't feel much motivation go for anything past getting the extra tab.

I'll probably stick with season for the rest of season five, since the season invoker sader now has a higher bloodshard cap than my non-season characters and also higher level gems. Since I can do a GR 60, I'm pretty sure I'll get more paragon levels on that character in no time. I think in the future, for season, I'll just run a invoker sader and then level up one other class. At least until I learn to play an equally powerful build for another class.

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Anyone mind giving me advice on my thornsader? I'm stuck at GR56 and I don't knwo what to focus on upgrading next- try to get the shield or a nonshitty roll on the ring/neck set? Or is there something else obvious I'm missing?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lykourgos-1654/hero/48668424

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Getting a decent Endless Walk set will help a ton as will getting a decent Ararat's Awakening in there. I'd probably shoot for the shield first. Also pop in Hold Your Ground in place of Vigilant for the extra 30% block chance as it procs your celerity, the set bonus from the Invoker set, the shield proc (once you have the shield) and boosts general survivability. The last piece of gear to shoot for is a Blood Brother. The Furnace will keep you good for a while but BB offers even more block chance with a meaty survivability bonus and a meaty damage boost as a result.

Oh, and be sure to be angling for cooldown reduction on as much gear as possible. You should be pushing as close to 50% as you can. That combined with Akarat's will help keep your stuff cycled on as much as possible. It'll also make timing rotations with CoE a lot easier.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    Anyone mind giving me advice on my thornsader? I'm stuck at GR56 and I don't knwo what to focus on upgrading next- try to get the shield or a nonshitty roll on the ring/neck set? Or is there something else obvious I'm missing?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lykourgos-1654/hero/48668424

Yep, get the Endless Walk (Traveler's Pledge amulet and Compass Rose ring) set for more consistent damage than an Oculus ring.
    You're stacking block with the Hold Your Ground passive and Justice Lantern but not really take a full effect without the Akarat's Awakening in a cube.
    Lastly swap the Vigilant passive with Fervor which gives you 15% CDR and 15% APS. So that's a good chunk of damage with that passive.

Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
    You might also want to cube Blood Brother over Furnace until you get Endless Walk, but that's kind of a preference thing

So all I have left for seasonal journey is TX speed rift, anybody interested in working on that with me who still needs it?

I've been burning blood shards on Akarat's, even after I finally got one. Hoping for better stats or, somehow, Ancient.

edited March 2016
    You'll be better off using your death breath on crusader shields, and even better off if/when you can afford to reroll an extra akarat's with souls and bounty mats.

Kadala is crazy inefficient when there's more than one item type per slot, as with shield/crusader shield.

Noggin on
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I know I could have played with others and been more efficient, but damn if spending a weekend with this and basketball in the background wasn't fantastic. Did a super slow (for others, fast for me) roll of a new season DH 1->70 and man oh man that shadow set. I was already melting T3 before I completed it, and now...well the last I played wast T4 but that was still super easy AND i have constant full rune shadow now, which I didn't need for survivability at all but dat movespeed. And those little wings!

Just need to blitz a couple more season checkmarks, do lvl 70 set items count for the "wear all legendaries" goal?

Also, what is the "canonical" way to level up fast solo now? Rifts? Bounties? a mix?

Also also, did witch doctor ever become fun? Because I never have made it far with one, so twinking one out fast seems like a good option.

This discussion has been closed.