As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Every [chat] a Painting

DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
Every Frame a Painting takes a look into the gorgeous and nuanced world of cinema with a critical eye that does not alienate the viewer with the P-word but instead invites them to look deeper into many of the films that we all know and love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UE3jz_O_EM

What's up with all of those cuts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ

Why are these fighty men just so darn fighty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doaQC-S8de8

okay quit moving you guys i'm trying to make movie film. oh wait no stay moving thats sweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWEjxkkB8Xs

i promise it'll be funny if you trip lol

steam_sig.png

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Wildcard, bitches!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

Gooby turned over his alt-chat rights to me. In his honor, we will pay homage to the greatest fake-Texan ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJH-5G9NqHw

OilDerrickByPond.jpg

oil!

915ff58a18eabc9e11dc7b6fd4067412.jpg

cowboy boots!

LSAT_Texas_Blueprint_prep_course_2.png

• YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    This where the wild things are?

• rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Clap
    Clap

Clap clap

Deep the the heart of Texas

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Pulling.Them.Off

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    aVPQpmO_700b.jpg

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    aVPQpmO_700b.jpg

Hello I would like a horsemeat burger please.

One for my horse also.

PSN: Honkalot
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    How'd the last chat get to 90+ pages, I thought we were in the 80s did, did we unlock the code, did we break the cycle?

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Chu the usurper

We shall make an example of him

Hoist the pikes

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    How'd the last chat get to 90+ pages, I thought we were in the 80s did, did we unlock the code, did we break the cycle?

I keep missing these bits and all I can tell is it seems the chat thread is shrinking and disappearing or something and that's worrying.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

Yes

We have to answer the riddles.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

There were like 50 pages of solving riddles from Elki, and each correct answer returned a page. I do not know how many riddles remain unsolved.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Magic.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

if you read any of the first like 80 pages of the previous [chat] you'll see someone asking the same question and answer being provided

solving the riddles extends [chat] pages

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    why did that come out snarky

i didn't mean that to be snarky

dang it

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 95

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Elki. Thread will be recycled after 95 pages.

• Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

if you read any of the first like 80 pages of the previous [chat] you'll see someone asking the same question and answer being provided

solving the riddles extends [chat] pages

I feel like we should have a riddle sticky thread.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i don't like my OP anymore

can we burn it to the ground and submit that cinema is art and art can be art with any interpretation

steam_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    When is a door not a door? is my favorite riddle.

70939a1ff78831cabc5d5d50a9f00881.jpg

I want a samovar.

@Hakkekage google suggests Persian samovars and not just Russian samovars--is this a big thing, would you say?

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I thought Spool was the greatest fake Texan ever.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    @Elki

Ooooliver Cromwell, Lord Protector of England (and his Warts!)

Elki is a terrible Sphinx who enjoys toying with his prey with esoteric riddles

But now i know the answers

Riddle-of-the-Sphinx.jpg

Way 2 b snark Chane-dawg

Samovar_2.jpg

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    *munches on salad*

today sucks

credeiki wrote: »

I want a samovar.

Hakkekage google suggests Persian samovars and not just Russian samovars--is this a big thing, would you say?

yes but mostly for decorative purposes

there are more modern samovars you can actually brew a damn cup of tea in

Cinders wrote: »
    *munches on salad*

today sucks

I'm gonna pizza in like 1 hour.

Har har har.

Gorgonzola probably.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I feel so lucky to have the roommate that I have. The last eight months or so have been really fucking awful for me, like to the point of genuinely considering suicide.

I tried to move and had 0 luck finding a place. And then I literally bumped into an omd friend that I haven't seen in about eleven years. She was looking for a roommate. I got the place I am in now three days before homelessness.

Neco on
    to clarify neco the awesome is not for your depression but for your fortuitous encounter leading to housing

Hakkekage wrote: »

I want a samovar.

Hakkekage google suggests Persian samovars and not just Russian samovars--is this a big thing, would you say?

yeah I mean I have not actually met Russian people who use samovars instead of electric heaters but

3samovars.jpg

they're really nice.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I think I am going to start calling friends after work. Feeling mortality in an odd way.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Please, ladies and gentlemen, be patient. Before we go on we must get acquainted with the rules. You can't properly participate if you don't fully understand the rules.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Did anyone see the 4th season of House of Cards?

Was it better than the 3rd? The 3rd disappointed me enough to make me want to wait for word of mouth on 4.

Elki wrote: »
    Please, ladies and gentlemen, be patient. Before we go on we must get acquainted with the rules. You can't properly participate if you don't fully understand the rules.

that's what they said when i built this helicopter BUT I SHOWED THEM

*crashes*

cptrugged wrote: »

Was it better than the 3rd? The 3rd disappointed me enough to make me want to wait for word of mouth on 4.

i haven't seen it but i've heard a lot of people being like "oh man how did i just realize this show is actually stupid?"

cptrugged wrote: »

It was better but still bland I thought.

Hakkekage wrote: »

I want a samovar.

yeah I mean I have not actually met Russian people who use samovars instead of electric heaters but

3samovars.jpg

they're really nice.

I'm pretty sure my grandma has the one on the left in her house

We have a very decorative, non-functional gold one in our house

and I had a little fake one made of tin and decorated with paint when i was a kid

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I feel so lucky to have the roommate that I have. The last eight months or so have been really fucking awful for me, like to the point of genuinely considering suicide.

I tried to move and had 0 luck finding a place. And then I literally bumped into an omd friend that I haven't seen in about eleven years. She was looking for a roommate. I got the place I am in now three days before homelessness.

We call this the "Deus Ex Maisonica" in the homelessness business

(Yay I am very very happy for you <3 !)

• Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    i don't like my OP anymore

can we burn it to the ground and submit that cinema is art and art can be art with any interpretation

Worth for the Jackie Chan EFAP, alone. It's great!

This discussion has been closed.