As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Every [chat] a Painting

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I think we are honestly facing a very real need to consider how we want to go about attempting to transfer into a post-scarcity society over the next couple of centuries. If we make the right choices now, the notion that we will someday be able to provide all the basic needs for everyone as a matter of course is actually an entirely realistic possibility. There's just a lot of human nature to overcome to get there.

I might not be alive in a few centuries so I don't give a shit. :P

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I think A$AP was there because it sounds like Aesop.
    and then Fables..
    Aesop's Fables
    The first character I thought of was The Grasshopper. It could also be The Hare though I guess

Bless your heart.
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I think we are honestly facing a very real need to consider how we want to go about attempting to transfer into a post-scarcity society over the next couple of centuries. If we make the right choices now, the notion that we will someday be able to provide all the basic needs for everyone as a matter of course is actually an entirely realistic possibility. There's just a lot of human nature to fail to overcome to get there.

When fighting human nature we often lose, but sometimes we actually do win. We just need to do a lot more winning.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Align with me in the hunger games. I have tasted death and returned. I am basically kahless

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I don't remember all the fables though...*weeps*

Ludious wrote: »
    Align with me in the hunger games. I have tasted death and returned. I am basically kahless

I always thought of you more as Max.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Can anyone characterize some major Canadian cities?
    Trying to figure out more about what life/expenses/day-to-day frustrations are like in different parts of Canada.

For a project.

Vancouver wants to be Portland, Toronto wants to be New York, Ottawa wants to be Toronto, Halifax wants to be Montreal, and Montreal wants to be naked.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    But no.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    and then Fables..
    Aesop's Fables
    The first character I thought of was The Grasshopper. It could also be The Hare though I guess

I think it would more likely be the Ant between the Ant and the grasshopper since the ant was the one who worked diligently.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    So, you figured out there were some riddles, went back and solved a whole bunch, many of you have points, and we're back to page 95. How cool.

Now that everyone knows the score, it's time to start playing with those points a little. When attempting to answer a question, you can gamble your points; however many of them you wish. You must have some points to do this, of course. End your answer with "I put [x] points on it" or some slight variation thereof, and you're on. If you are correct, you get double those points back +1. So if you had 2 points, gambled them on a correct answer, you would have 5 points. The thread would also go up by 2 pages instead of 1. If your answer is incorrect you lose your points, and the thread also loses 2 pages. There can only be one active bid per unique answer. There can be multiple active bids, as long as they have different answers. If the first answer to the question has no bid that answer will be taken, and any subsequent bid ignored. Good luck!

Omfg

I don't like this game

can I lower the difficulty pls

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

You want to be master to my blaster?

Isn't Vancouver better than Seattle and Portland though?

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Can anyone characterize some major Canadian cities?
    Trying to figure out more about what life/expenses/day-to-day frustrations are like in different parts of Canada.

For a project.

Vancouver is like if Portland had San Francisco's housing prices, but still Portland's job market.

This is everything I know about Canada.

I guess what's throwing me off about that (which I've heard before) is that the straight comparison looks like this (Seattle vs Vancouver)
    I would assume that the big thing this doesn't take into account is the relative tax rates, but I don't have a strong idea of how crushing that would be.

Ah maybe their rent market is ok then?

I've always heard their real estate is kookoobananas.

They're the ones who spawned http://www.crackshackormansion.com

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Now im on a hunt to get a key for Paragon Epic's 3rd persona moba, looks real good.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Stacey do you still have abs?

Damn squiggly girl.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    man what would be optimal strategy in a [chat] hunger games

well first I would befriend chu and VH because I feel like out of anyone in chat they are kind-hearted softies least likely to betray me

then I'd start loudly playing board games with VH after a couple days and when others come to ask if they can play BAM

chu steps out from behind the tree and cracks them over the back of the head with a giant club

I'm not trustworthy? I am cut deep.

fine you want in?

*slams knife down on table*

cut yourself a nice piece of this fine steak dinner.

I prefer [chat] Iron Chef

oh my god yes

there would be some good challengers too!

Who would judge

An overly eccentric wealthy man with a taste for good food?

but SKFM is banned.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Kahless is a Star Trek character? What's this mad max stuff

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    So, you figured out there were some riddles, went back and solved a whole bunch, many of you have points, and we're back to page 95. How cool.

Now that everyone knows the score, it's time to start playing with those points a little. When attempting to answer a question, you can gamble your points; however many of them you wish. You must have some points to do this, of course. End your answer with "I put [x] points on it" or some slight variation thereof, and you're on. If you are correct, you get double those points back +1. So if you had 2 points, gambled them on a correct answer, you would have 5 points. The thread would also go up by 2 pages instead of 1. If your answer is incorrect you lose your points, and the thread also loses 2 pages. There can only be one active bid per unique answer. There can be multiple active bids, as long as they have different answers. If the first answer to the question has no bid that answer will be taken, and any subsequent bid ignored. Good luck!

Omfg

I don't like this game

You can guess as much as you want without waging points.

• GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    look at this majestic masterpiece painting chat

il_570xN.175033630.jpg

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Damn squiggly girl.

prove it :P

Neco wrote: »

yea cause free health care, or did you mean USA

I would enter iron chef chat.

I would lose, but I would enter.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Damn squiggly girl.

prove it :P

Alright.

You'll probably see an @ with your name on it later.

Kahless is a Star Trek character? What's this mad max stuff

You are Max and Chelle is Furiosa.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Man, the people of Azeroth sure are lazy.

• Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular

Canada. I'm trying to get a very rough idea of what Canada is like to live in, and I'm trying to focus it around the major cities

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Omfg

I don't like this game

first game she can't save scum and she cowers meekly

Please consider the environment before printing this post.

Nope, I mean everything I have heard about Vancouver is that it is a cooler Seattle/Portland.

NOT talked ng about Vancouver, WA

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    and then Fables..
    Aesop's Fables

"Not A$AP, but still like to spin a fable.
    The grind of a workday will leave me feeling aggravated."

A$AP appears to be a hip hop artist or group. To me this suggests that the answer is a hip hop artist whose name or famous work suggests 'The grind of a workday will leave me feeling aggravated.'

--I definitely can't supply the names of any singers/bands though, so.

Steam, LoL: credeiki

Nope, I mean everything I have heard about Vancouver is that it is a cooler Seattle/Portland.

NOT talked ng about Vancouver, WA

vancouver WA is a town filled with tax cheats and I do not like them

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    (also because 'still like to spin a fable' means the answer is some sort of content author, not a character from an aesop's fable).

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    and then Fables..
    Aesop's Fables

A$AP appears to be a hip hop artist or group. To me this suggests that the answer is a hip hop artist whose name or famous work suggests 'The grind of a workday will leave me feeling aggravated.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimpin'_Ain't_Easy

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    credeiki wrote: »
    and then Fables..
    Aesop's Fables

Wouldn't this be Aesop Rock?

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I am subbing for a middle school today.

Half of this last class just asked for a pencil. I'm like uh, I don't carry around a stack of pencils. Teacher's classroom? DEVOID OF WRITING UTENSILS. Like, ENTIRELY.

Kids are acting like this is the first time they've ever not had a pencil provided to them when asked and freaking out. C'mon, I know that's not true! What do you normally do in this situation? I'm the sub no one briefed me on this!

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

Omfg

I don't like this game

first game she can't save scum and she cowers meekly

I ain't a fake gamer girl but that don't mean i ain't a bad gamer girl

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited March 2016

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Now im on a hunt to get a key for Paragon Epic's 3rd persona moba, looks real good.

you can just play an actual moba, you don't have to keep finding sorta-moba alternatives

"RMS Oceanic" - 1
    knitdan - 2
    wandering - 1
    "Crimson King" - 1
    Eddy - 5
    Bogart - 4
    HerrCron - 1
    Haphazard - 1
    amateurhour - 1
    Ilpala - 1
    Apothe0sis - 1
    @credeiki - 1
    @Aioua - 1

smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited March 2016

Canada. I'm trying to get a very rough idea of what Canada is like to live in, and I'm trying to focus it around the major cities

Daily life is 100% exactly like the US except we have more expensive stuff cause of the dollar and we have free healthcare.

Any questions just ask I live in Hamilton which is an hour outside of Toronto were like the 11th largest city or close to that.

bloodyroarxx on
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 96

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.