As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Netrunner: Live out all your dorkiest cyberpunk fantasies through the medium of card games

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Hi Netrunner thread. I only have the base set and have played a few games as Shaper and HB. What's some other fun/decent stuff I can get out of the core set?

play Noise, throw in Aesop's Pawnshop and Account Siphon, irritate the hell out of everyone you know

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I got blown out tonight 0-3 with the Monolith Deck.

Back to the drawing board (NetRunnerDB)

@Speed Racer hope you had better luck!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I went 0-4, could've stayed to get my ass kicked some more but it was getting late

The first match I played respectably and nearly won with the rubber

Second match I got blown out of the water, both the dude's decks were extremely well tuned money making machines and he could just consistently outspend me every turn until I lost

• Options
    I went 0-4, could've stayed to get my ass kicked some more but it was getting late

The first match I played respectably and nearly won with the rubber

Second match I got blown out of the water, both the dude's decks were extremely well tuned money making machines and he could just consistently outspend me every turn until I lost

Sorry bud. We'll get there. We can practice some more this week

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    okay

someone explain to me how the card Bishop works

because i've read its text three times and i still don't understand it

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    okay

When you first install Bishop, you can then use a click to attach it to any piece of Ice the Corp has installed (but only if another Bishop--or other Caissa-type program--is not already on that ice). While Bishop is installed, the Ice has -2 strength (unlike Parasite, this can't trash Ice). While Bishop is hosted, you can spend a click to move it to a different piece of ice, BUT you have to swap between remote and central servers. So if you initially attach it to Ice protecting HQ, you have to move it to an ice protecting a remote server. If it's on a remote server, you have to move it to an ice protecting HQ, Archives or R&D.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    It's been awhile but basically bishop is part of a unique set of cards called cassia cards, meant to be run by Reina Roja

It's just saying that if you have a cassia card already stuck on ice when you play bishop it limits where you can play it

Cassia is very tricky to pull off

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    okay

It's not a very good card so I wouldn't waste time trying to understand it ;).

Essentially the Caissa are meant to evoke chess pieces with the corp's ice as the 'chessboard' so bishop can only move "diagonally" between the remote and centrals.

The plan is to spend clicks to move that -2 strength debuff around, but its ridiculously expensive for that effect in clicks and memory. Knight (has to do an L-shaped jump) and Rook (only moves in straight lines) have similar ideas but better effects.

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    I would metaphorically kill for a 2.0 version of Cassia that was actually legit viable.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Also I am always sad that PSF will never be a good card because man its alt art is the best:

Netrunner-Private-Security-force-PSF-Alt-Art.jpg

Actually I'm going to be running a shadowrun campaign soon, I wonder if the art from netrunner is up any where with the gameplay art ripped out because man the art in this game is great.

@Inquisitor @Farangu
    Harebrained Schemes, the studio responsible for Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall/etc has just set up a sister-channel on Twitch and one of their weekly shows is a Shadowrun campaign.
    https://youtu.be/zFM1OX_L7GE

They also have a thing set up where subscribers to the channel can pledge to a Corporation. Donations to the channel can attach a messagr that will be read by a robot lady and now people are making donations as the Corporations.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I got home and completely revamped my deck and also spent about 100 bucks on cards oh god help me

• Options
    I've never played it, but I like the idea of being FutureTMZ

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I've never played it, but I like the idea of being FutureTMZ

That's basically what the NBN corp is

• Options
    Yeah, I couldn't remember their name and didn't want to go all the way back to the first page.

I'm lazy.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I got home and completely revamped my deck and also spent about 100 bucks on cards oh god help me

one of us, one of us

this is basically what I did after going to my first league night. I had so much fun I went home and ordered every datapack I didn't have yet (which was everything except the first one, up to honour and profit which wasn't out yet)

• Options
    i'm tinkering with decks on jinteki and then deciding from there which sets i need to buy

• Options
    i'm tinkering with decks on jinteki and then deciding from there which sets i need to buy

Same here. I think I'm going to be able to have an ok runner deck with only a few packs, my HB deck will need a lot more work

• Options
    If you can afford to drop the money on Data and Destiny there's a couple neutral cards in there that are superb for HB Glacier, especially Global Food Initiative. That card alone will improve a deck by a significant amount.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    If you can afford to drop the money on Data and Destiny there's a couple neutral cards in there that are superb for HB Glacier, especially Global Food Initiative. That card alone will improve a deck by a significant amount.

Its on the list for sure.

• Options
    last night I played against this dude who's just starting out so I let him play my Noise deck against my Blacktree deck

I discovered that my Noise deck is obnoxious as hell
    New Noise

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (9)
    1x Career Fair (Breaker Bay)
    2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
    3x I've Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
    3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (2)
    2x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (12)
    3x Aesop's Pawnshop (Core Set) ••••• •
    3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
    3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
    3x Street Peddler (The Underway)

Icebreaker (6)
    2x Corroder (Core Set)
    1x Faust (The Underway)
    2x Mimic (Core Set)
    1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) ••

Program (16)
    3x Cache (The Spaces Between) •••
    2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
    3x Datasucker (Core Set)
    3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
    2x Medium (Core Set)
    3x Parasite (Core Set) ☆☆☆
    12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12)
    45 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I discovered that my Noise deck is obnoxious as hell

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    MaxX seems like a pretty fun runner. I like the idea of supercharging my card draw, dumping a bunch of my stack into the heap, and then using stuff like Clone Chip, Deja Vu, and Same Old Thing as pseudo-tutors.

Also her art is great.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    maxx is boss as hell

she's got possibly the purest thematic anarch ability

also Day Job has some of the best art in the game

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I love Andromeda

I recognize that an Andromeda deck isn't the most efficient, in the long run, and that a bad initial draw can screw you

But gosh, having a whole clutch of cards at the jump feels so good

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Andromeda is still probably the gold standard for aggressive criminal builds. That huge starting hand can give you such a good start that you can do a lot of damage to the corp before they can get their pants on. Of course, if you don't start snowballing before the corp gets established they're gonna lock you the fuck out

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Question for those that still follow the card pool (@Shorty)

Is a runner deck based around Bad Publicity shenanigans viable? I remember loving the concept and really trying to make it work, but the cards just weren't there for it in mid 2014

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »

Is a runner deck based around Bad Publicity shenanigans viable? I remember loving the concept and really trying to make it work, but the cards just weren't there for it in mid 2014

A combination bad pub/mill deck won the last world championship

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular

Oooooooohhhhhhh tell me more.

• Options

Oooooooohhhhhhh tell me more.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/1/11/run-like-a-champ/

They're gonna be selling copies of the decks, actually

• Options
    criminal, by far, are my favorite faction flavorwise

• Options

Gotta get paid

• Options
    i love how they range from incredibly cool and collected like andy to just the SHITTIEST DUDE in laramy

• Options
    Andromeda is still probably the gold standard for aggressive criminal builds. That huge starting hand can give you such a good start that you can do a lot of damage to the corp before they can get their pants on. Of course, if you don't start snowballing before the corp gets established they're gonna lock you the fuck out

I still way prefer Leela's ability for early aggression. She can snowball so hard it's criminal

• Options
    Played a couple games with Luke and feel a lot better about my two now much less gimmickey decks

thanks for helping me practice @Speed Racer !

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

My favorite runner to play is still probably Gabriel Santiago.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular

I still way prefer Leela's ability for early aggression. She can snowball so hard it's criminal

I hear Leela is pretty good!

• Options
    Cerberus wrote: »

I hear Leela is pretty good!

You know it buddy! :D

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Every time I build a Corp deck, I wonder

"Is this the time I leave out the Snares and Junebugs? Is this the time I spend my influence on anything but traps?"

It is never that time

• Options
    that's me but with nisei

• Options
    Nisei is so friggin nuts