As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fate/Extella] Saber + Dynasty Warriors [PS4/Vita]

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
edited March 2016 in Games and Technology
Fate-Extella-Ann-PS4-PSV_Top.jpg

Figure someone here'll care, right @vagrant_winds ? :P

Cdk9c31VAAAs2-0.jpg:orig
Following a countdown website this weekend, Marvelous has announced Fate/Extella for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.

Fate/Extella is an action game that sees the curtain rise on a new battle. Playable character Nero Claudius (voiced by Sakura Tange), of the “Saber” class, is pictured in the magazine.
The game follows the after-story of the Moon Holy Grail War.

Servants (Playable Characters)

Nero Claudius (voiced by Sakura Tange) – A servant who fought through the Moon Holy Grail War. She also has a mysterious form change.
Caster Tamamo no Mae (voiced by Chiwa Saito) – A servant who uses various magic skills.
Saber Altera (voiced by Mamiko Noto) – Her first appearance in the main series after her appearance in Fate/Grand Order.

Screenshots in the magazine show the characters taking out hordes of weaker enemies.

Development is 60 percent complete.
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/fateextella-announced-ps4-ps-vita

Sadly not a third Fate/Extra, but it's not a bad start.

Fate-Extella-Ann-PS4-PSV_Scan-Update_001.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I am still hoping for an eventual fan-translation of Fate/CCC. I am dying for that sequel in English. I even own the limited edition Japanese release that came with the Nero Figma.

But Fate (Extra, Grand Order, etc.) + Warriors is right up my ally. And hey, mostly all Warriors games get translated and released overseas!

I wonder if any 'Masters' will be playable or just Servants. I'd love to see some Lord El Melloo II (Waver) kicking ass.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    You, uh, might want to look up who's doing the fan translation of CCC. :P

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

The first one I knew of canceled a long tome ago...

Oh... Oh! May I be excited?

• Options
    edited March 2016
    (Double) I wonder what spinoffs the characters will be drawn from for this game and if it'll have an actual decent story mode or just a silly excuse for people to fight.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    (Tripple) I'm also expecting some bonus non-Fate Type Moon characters.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016

The first one I knew of canceled a long tome ago...

Oh... Oh! May I be excited?

Of all the people not to know...

https://iwakuraproductions.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/the-fateextra-ccc-translation-project

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    fate-extella_160317-1.jpg
    fate-extella_160317-2.jpg
    fate-extella_160317-3.jpg
    fate-extella_160317-4.jpg
    fate-extella_160317-5.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    This is what happiness is.
    Following a countdown website this weekend, Marvelous has announced Fate/Extella for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.

Servants (Playable Characters)

Nero Claudius (voiced by Sakura Tange) – A servant who fought through the Moon Holy Grail War. She also has a mysterious form change.
    Caster Tamamo no Mae (voiced by Chiwa Saito) – A servant who uses various magic skills.
    Saber Altera (voiced by Mamiko Noto) – Her first appearance in the main series after her appearance in Fate/Grand Order.

I can only bold Marvelous once, but they're really good at bringing things west, so I am hopeful and HAPPY!

Regarding the nameless enemies in the screenshots they all appear to be human shaped, very reminiscent of the ephigy / marionette / whatever (dolls) seen at the beginning of Fate/Extra and in I want to say... round 6? Which seems to imply a large amount of enemy control over the nameless hordes, rather than just swarms of goonies. Story-wise they might have control at least. Even if gameplay related, it winds up being functionally the same.

Never bothered with Grand Order, so I guess I have to ask, will that come to bite me in this story if I'm Saber Alter's burgermeister?

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Marvelous has a good record of bringing games west, but they're not perfect. IA/VT colorful didn't come west when Sega's Project Diva games did. Valkyrie Drive, which is Senran Kagura with a more 3rd person action game battle system has yet to be localized if it's ever going to. And we're missing a Fate game in this very series, Fate/EXTRA CCC, the direct sequel to Fate/EXTRA.

But Marvelous does own the greatly expanded XSeed and has their own European branch these days, which gives them strong western publishing power now.

Grand Oder is a Japanese Only Mobile Game. there's a lot of spinoffs in the Fate series. Everything is cannon, but many things happen in pararallel universes. Everything is written by Nasu unless otherwise noted.

Main Series:
    Fate/stay night (3 Routes: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and the best one Heaven't Feel)
    Fate/zero (prequel. novelwritten by Urobutcher)
    Fate/hollow ataraxia (sequel that merges all routes

Main Series Spinoffs:
    Lord El-Mello II Casefiles (Badass Adult Waver doing detective work for The Clocktower. same universe as the main series. features Luvia as well. written by Mineji Sakamoto. ongoing and not yet complete.)
    Carnival Phantasm (absolutely hilarious parody anime of /stay night + Tsukihime)

EXTRA Series (Matrix + Fate):
    Fate/EXTRA
    Fate/EXTRA CCC (direct sequel. Nasu delclared it their magnum opus for Fate.)
    Fate/Extella (this game)

Prisma Illya (Magical Girls + Fate, all written by Hiroyama Hiroshi. Gives Illya a happy ending for once.):
    Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA (more lighthearted)
    Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA 2wei! (sequel, more serious)
    Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA 3rei!! (sequel to sequel, more awesome and over the top)

Spinoff Novel series:
    Fate/Apocryphia (team of 7 vs team of seven grail war happening in Romania and written by Yuichiro Higashide. complete.)
    Fate/strange fake (imperfectly copied Grail War taking place in American and written by Ryogo Narita the author of Baccano! and Durarara!!. Not yet complete.)
    Fate/prototype (the origional idea for Fate/stay night when the main character was female usong black magic and Saber was still male. currently being adapted to a novel series by Hikaru Sakurai. lancer was supposed to become the main character's servant in one of the three routes and get a good ending for once. before the novel started, had an awesoem 12min 'movie trailer' style animation as a bonus with Carnival Phantasm.)

And then you have Grand Order, the mobage game, and the various fighting game spinoffs. And the various anime adaptions of the above visual and physical novels.

And that's just Fate. Type-Moon wise you have the Tsukihime + Melty Blood (sequel + fighting game series) + Which on the Holy Night (prequel) series. Kara no Kyoukai (which has been adapted to a bloody fantastic movie series). Notes. And various other non-Nasuverse works.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    So, in short, what I'd be missing from Grand Order would be a drop in the bucket then. I can live with that! Cross references as long as they're not horribly convoluted usually just serve to get me interested in what they were referencing, until inevitably it spirals into a wonderland trip through the looking glass.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    RazmaRazma Registered User regular
    I might keep an eye on this as I enjoy the Warriors games and I enjoyed the Ufotable shows.

I'm not really clued up on Fate as a whole but is there many (if at all any) alternate versions of characters from the main series beyond Saber going to be in this? Or is it just a completely separate cast?

• Options
    There's the major players, but with slightly changed roles. Extra and CCC had Rin, Gilgamesh, Sakura, Saber(Nero, not Arthur), Archer(not sure if it's the UBW one or not, same look though), etc.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    The characters in Extra, outside of Archer, are totally different than the /stay night counterparts. Those that have the same names/looks as previous characters are merely virtual avatars and the real people behind them are different. Or in some cases, AI behind the avatars.

And as stated, this Saber is Nero. Similar look (for fanservice reasons) but completely different personality. At least with Mordred there's a logical reason to look the same. Not so with Nero.

Archer is totally 100% the exact same Archer though. And Gilgamesh in CCC is the same Gilgamesh (though non-corrupted).

The creator of Mooncell, the virtual reality of the Extra universe, has a quick cameo in the last episode of the Unlimited Blade Works adaption right before the Waver/Shirou conversation.

• Options
    RazmaRazma Registered User regular
    I'm not too worried at changed roles since as it is a different universe, s'long as there was more than one familiar face in it I'd be interested. The idea of playing Gilgamesh in a Warriors game sounds pretty damn sweet.

I'll look into this a bit more, thanks for the info.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    As someone who is pretty heavily into Grand Order, was pretty excited to see this. Interesting that Altera is the first other playable servant that they announced beyond the obvious two, given that she's another Saber. Will be interesting to see who else we get.