As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, March 18, 2016 - Friendly Face

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, March 18, 2016 - Friendly Face

Friendly Face

Friendly Face

http://campcomic.com/comic/300

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    It's happening! Is Linus going to be the one to snap on Malachi?

I bet Braden is really notching it out of the park with his stand up.

briguy on
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    uh oh

sig.gif
  • Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Holy mackerel, that's the picture of anger right there.

• Options
    Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    Oh shiiiiiii-

• Options
    GinormousGinormous Registered User regular
    It's going down for reeeeeeeeal. Do do do dah do. Do do do dah do. It's going down for real.

• Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Is this where we find out Linus is at camp because his parents wanted to spend their nights out clubbing?

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    This is notch yo' Mama's standup.

• Options
    Sensei Le RoofSensei Le Roof Registered User regular
    KD: I've a feeling Linus *exists* because his parents spent the night clubbing.

• Options
    SynDuoSynDuo John A. Galvan Somewhere over a rainbowRegistered User regular
    Oh gee Linus, haha Malachi what are you doing? :')

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    if constabulary Colin, uh, I mean 'counselor', doesn't intercede soon, he may have to detect some homicides in this locale

... even the kitteh is heading for them thar hills

• Options
    sartezalbsartezalb Registered User new member
    Malachi has really gotten under my skin in this arc, only because it hits kinda close to home.

He might be just a "kid" here, but the crippling insecurity (and the accompanying cluelessness, self-aggrandizing, and total disregard for others' priorities) is stuff I see in work and school *all the time.*

Which is to say, he is painfully well-characterized (smug expression and faux ponytail is a nice touch).

• Options
    CalebCaleb Registered User regular
    Still suspicious of the librarian. Kinda seems a bit off and not really just another kid. I suppose there is a chance he has just been at the camp for a really long time.

• Options
    AlexxAlexx Registered User regular
    Yup. Librarian Rage. Seen that before.

• Options
    iczer6iczer6 Registered User regular
    I feel bad for Malachi here because he does care about the library and really is trying his best to help the librarian.

And well there's just something about someone who pitches a fit because people who are having fun 'the wrong way' that doesn't get my sympathy.

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Still amazed nobody has knocked over the lamp and set the place on fire yet.

• Options
    SayerSayer Registered User new member

And well there's just something about someone who pitches a fit because people who are having fun 'the wrong way' that doesn't get my sympathy.

Malachi barged into the library, decided Linus was having fun the wrong way (couldn't possibly be having fun), and therefore needed his help. He then set in motion a sequence of events which has resulted in Linus' sanctuary being overrun by campers with no sense of boundaries and little interest in books - and now he's been thrown out. Malachi isn't "trying to help the librarian" He's imposing his idea of fun on him, without bothering to consult him.

• Options
    Blackie62Blackie62 Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Oh man, he's going to snap because of his anxiety and this misappropriation of a dully understocked library isn't he? RIP Light Club. You were too good for this world.

Blackie62 on
  • Options
    LunarNexusLunarNexus Registered User regular
    This is going to end badly.

• Options
    DJFlare84DJFlare84 Registered User regular
    @Sayer - It's worse than that. Linus has nothing to do with why Malachi has a party going on there. He's doing it simply to prove to the campers that the library is cool, because that's his opinion and he wants everyone to agree with it. Linus is an unfortunate victim, considered an unimportant factor in Malachi's eyes.

To be fair, Malachi isn't trying to shut Linus out or anything. He's definitely trying to get him in on everything. The problem is he assumes Linus is okay with this just because he happens to like the Library as well. Malachi's train of thought was very simple in this regard, deciding that if Linus liked the library as much as he did, he must also want to prove the library is a "cool" place, and is thus automatically okay with every plan Malachi has to prove it.

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    If there were camp presidential elections, I think Malachi would be their Trump and Neiman their Cruz.
    Not sure about the others.

• Options
    SanderloSanderlo Registered User regular
    At last! Linus is gonna end this! Go Linus!