As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Even tho it doesn't quit match the lyric, new thread title keeps putting this song in my head

https://youtu.be/M8sMi_fs018

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yeah, the mini was his first appearance. Between that and Mighty Avengers, he appeared a total of three times, in What If? Secret Invasion #1, Age of Heroes #3, and Fear Itself: The Home Front #4.

Mighty Avengers / Captain America and the Mighty Avengers / The Ultimates has done wonders for his exposure.

I'm really happy it has! His whole deal is fascinating to me, and he's quickly becoming my favorite character in a book full of characters I love

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I never checked out the original mini (and sales were pretty low IIRC), because Grevioux previous work was a pretty bad run at New Warriors (though I liked Jubilee as Wondra), where depowered mutants used captured super-villain technology to become superheroes again.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Anna Kendrick hawkeye

Kristen Stewart Hawkeye

Maniah Carrey Hawkeye

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Maisie Williams Hawkeye.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hi I'm still working my way through Kamen Rider Ghost and he just got a sword so cool its handguard is sunglasses

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Just popped into head, but it keeps fitting for some reason, the girl from OitNB who played Poussey as Hawkeye

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i would pay lots and lots of money for mariah carey hawkeye

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Hey @Goatmon, if you're having trouble finding the right thread try searching for "[Daredevil" since there should only ever be one thread with the name in brackets

Bruh

finding the thread is not my concern.

My deal is that having a superhero thread with the name of a current superhero show in the title, while simultaneously chasing people out who want to talk about that show in that thread, is an entirely new level of stupid which I'm still coming ot terms with.

Geth, kick @Goatmon from the thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative A steak!. @Goatmon banned from this thread.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Goatmon, it's pretty apparent that you actually don't read the thread, because you were reminded there was another thread for like three of your posts in a row. You can either dump your hot takes in the right place or not at all.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Maisie Williams Hawkeye.

I don't know Kate Bishop from Eve, but

anything that gets her more work

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Blue Marvel looks really neat

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Yeah, the mini was his first appearance. Between that and Mighty Avengers, he appeared a total of three times, in What If? Secret Invasion #1, Age of Heroes #3, and Fear Itself: The Home Front #4.

Mighty Avengers / Captain America and the Mighty Avengers / The Ultimates has done wonders for his exposure.

I'm really happy it has! His whole deal is fascinating to me, and he's quickly becoming my favorite character in a book full of characters I love

have you gotten to the arc that goes into some of his adventures in the 70s? that's some good stuff.

I also really like the Original Sin tie-in issue with the baby Watcher.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    This new thread title makes me think of Sex Criminals, because I just read Sex Criminals today.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

have you gotten to the arc that goes into some of his adventures in the 70s? that's some good stuff.

I also really like the Original Sin tie-in issue with the baby Watcher.

With his son? Yeah, I got into some of that just today! I love
    that he's just been taking care of problems other heroes didn't even know they had on the downlow, because he's just that good

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    This new thread title makes me think of Sex Criminals, because I just read Sex Criminals today.

I did a search for sex criminals on comixology. Not only did they not have it, but now it keeps recommending me Frank Miller books.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Also, you're on a list now.

(Probably the same list I'm on after googling the names of all those teenage/20-something actresses earlier mentioned in this thread as potential Kate Bishops).

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

I did a search for sex criminals on comixology. Not only did they not have it, but now it keeps recommending me Frank Miller books.

While you may just be making a great joke

It's actually on sale right now: https://www.comixology.com/Sex-Criminals-Sale/page/10053/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=s160317_Sale_sex_criminals&tid=s160317_Sale_sex_criminals

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Mary Elizabeth Winstead would also be a pretty good Kate, I feel.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    It looks like the supergirl crossover will be one-sided. Episode synopses look like she will not be showing up in Flash

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Speaking of Kate Bishop, I met Annie Wu this weekend

Had her sign her volume of Hawkeye and told her that, in addition to me loving her work, I showed my dad Hawkeye, Black Canary, and Venture Bros, and he loves all of them, so she is 3 for 3 with 45 year old suburban dads

She pumped her fist and said "that's my core demographic!"

Annie Wu's cool

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Annie Wu is easily one of my favorite current artists

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    45 year old suburban dads is also my core demographic

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Will pick up the Secret Wars hardcover this week and will eventually find time to marathon Hickman's entire FF/Avengers run.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Tube wrote: »

I feel like this is channeling Harris's foam corner

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    The creative team for Vote Loki was finally announced, it is Christopher Hastings and Langdon Foss.

Yup, absolutely gonna get that.

Angela is confirmed to be his one-woman Secret Service and while it is a political satire it won't have any of the real world presidential candidates in the series.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I hope Chris brings the same level of understanding of politics he's displayed on Dr. McNinja to this.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Watching Ant-Man. More like... Ham-hands Man.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So watching Daredevil season 2 is making me want to pick up the first Brubaker Daredevil Ultimate Collection

Good idea y/n

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    DeMoN wrote: »
    So watching Daredevil season 2 is making me want to pick up the first Brubaker Daredevil Ultimate Collection

Good idea y/n
    Very good idea

It is a great run and The Devil in Cell Block D is one of the best Daredevil stories around

If you haven't read Bendis' run first though you should do that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    You should read Bendis' Daredevil before Brubaker's.

• Options
    and read miller's before both of them

especially if you like the show

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Yes, that is true.

Miller's Daredevil is so good.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I started to read a Miller Daredevil trade and it began with Matt accidentally killing a prostitute

I tapped out on that one pretty fast

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I actually came close to getting some Miller Daredevil but backed out because I didn't really dig what I saw of the art

And of course the first volume of the Bendis stuff is sold out on amazon.ca. Maybe I'll just wait for that to restock

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I actually came close to getting some Miller Daredevil but backed out because I didn't really dig what I saw of the art

And of course the first volume of the Bendis stuff is sold out on amazon.ca. Maybe I'll just wait for that to restock
    Marvel Unlimited is your friend

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    it can be hard to read early miller because the shit he is satirizing in those comics are things he now currently believes

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Man now would be a great time to launch a new Punisher series that really takes a look at how he is a super fucked up character and oh hey Becky Cloonan is writing it and that's a real interesting fit I won-
    kenay3c9jlem.jpg
    God DAMMIT Steve Dillon go away

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Never been a fan of reading digital comics

I need that real paper

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
This discussion has been closed.