As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2nd Pre-PAX East Pin Pal Dinner! Atlantic Beer Garden 4/21 7pm $25 buffet

rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
edited April 2016 in Pinny Arcade
@here Ok The Final Word on the Pin Pal Dinner Disaster of 2016. We are going to the Atlantic Beer Garden at 7pm. It will be a buffet style dinner. It will cost $25 per person. there will be a cash bar for drinks. You can bring cash to pay there or you can paypal or google wallet $25 to dchoy0328@gmail.com. Shout out to DChoy for offering to pay the bill. Lets not fuck him over or the pin dinner could die.

Here is the menu

Mac & Cheese Balls *Veggie
Chicken Tenders
Lemon Chicken with Rice
Mini Bruschetta *Veggie
Roadside Sliders
Buffalo Chicken Queso Dip

rentfn on

• rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    Just a reminder voting ends the 18th, If you haven't filled out the survey please do!!

• evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    FRIENDSHIP HYPE IS BUILDING!!!

Results are in. Dinner will be at 7pm and the majority of people wanted it around the BCEC / Seaport District. The next survey will be about which restaurant we want to go to. I'm really busy this weekend but I'll try to post it but it might not be up till Monday or Tuesday.

edited March 2016
    Ok Part 2!!! Where would we like to eat. I took the suggestions and added a couple more places around the seaport. I'll leave the poll up for two weeks so everyone has a chance to fill it out. I linked website to their menus so people can see the type of food each place has. Feel free to campaign for any one you've been to before and enjoyed. Thanks again for the responses to the first one. Can't wait till pax!!! Please only vote once!

http://goo.gl/forms/uoWB1LWn2Z

rentfn on
  • Kiki Kiki Lady Moogle Hat Boston, MARegistered User regular
    It's kind of amusing to have not been familiar with PAX South/San Antonio and having voted for dinner then unbiased, but to see this list and being from Boston, I can't help but inwardly cringe at some of these suggestions... *insert numerous random previous drunk night stories here* But I voted! Yippee!

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Kiki wrote: »
    It's kind of amusing to have not been familiar with PAX South/San Antonio and having voted for dinner then unbiased, but to see this list and being from Boston, I can't help but inwardly cringe at some of these suggestions... *insert numerous random previous drunk night stories here* But I voted! Yippee!

I think the major goal is to just go to a place closeish to the convention center for all of us to hang. To be honest, if they serve alcohol and if the service is fine I'm all for it. If any of these places are legitimately bad though, let us know! And if you have any other suggestions we could always add stuff?

I think the major goal is to just go to a place closeish to the convention center for all of us to hang. To be honest, if they serve alcohol and if the service is fine I'm all for it. If any of these places are legitimately bad though, let us know! And if you have any other suggestions we could always add stuff?

S'no worries Craig - I got why some of these showed up on the list haha

We'd be going on a Thursday night though, yes? Whiskey Priest is an absolute nightmare on a night where Bostonians would be willing to go hard on the alcohol (read: college kids and their Thirsty Thursdays). I won't go into detail (maybe at dinner I can), but I've seen things at Whiskey Priest. SEEN THINGS, CRAIG.

But otherwise, this list is comprehensive and I am impressed. :biggrin:

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Can we get some local input on each of these? I don't want to vote blind, so getting local knowledge (biased or otherwise) would be very useful.

PedroAsani wrote: »
    Can we get some local input on each of these? I don't want to vote blind, so getting local knowledge (biased or otherwise) would be very useful.

I mean... I can. How much detail would folks like?

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Atlantic Beer Garden is the only one I've been to, but they don't have the Mac and cheese burger on the menu anymore, so I voted against it after plugging it for so long.

• thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Kiki wrote: »
    PedroAsani wrote: »

I mean... I can. How much detail would folks like?

I'd personally be interested in -

- How is the food?
    - What's the atmosphere like?
    - Is there a good deal of space?

edited March 2016
    thx42 wrote: »
    I'd personally be interested in -

- How is the food?
    - What's the atmosphere like?
    - Is there a good deal of space?

Of course!

Atlantic Beer Garden – Really good for big groups, big space to accommodate a lot of people. Lots of long windows that overlook the water, so it’s a nice view. Food – think basic bar food – burgers and the like. As a beer garden it has a decent selection of beer and various other drinks.

Jerry Remy’s Seaport – Also can accommodate large groups, and also has harbor and airport views. Think sports bar atmosphere. American bar food with a touch of classier seafood. 20-25 beers on tap with some seasonal, others bottled, cocktail drinks will run you $10-12 each.

Temazcal – Unsure of their ability to accommodate a large group – interior and atmosphere is chic and seemingly more suitable for dates or smaller parties, but might be able to do it if we call ahead. They use iPads for menus if that is an indication, but food is good, Mexican and traditionally Mexican. Strong margaritas.

Lucky’s Lounge – Considered a “dive bar” by Boston standards, usually populated by tech professionals stopping in for a quick drink coming from work. Has a lot of Frank Sinatra vibes about the place; sometimes live bands on the weekends, days leading up to the weekend. A lot of booths we’d be sitting at, not sure about big tables depending on how busy they get or might be. Food is good, a little touch-and-go in quality. Basic things like steak frites and fish and chips to clam linguini and quail egg burger sliders.

Committee
    – Really cool atmosphere and design, kinda hard to describe, but mellow. Small plate Mediterranean food, so they recommend getting 2-3 plates to yourself to be full, but it’s cool to share with others, if we’re all down for that. Wealth of specialty drinks, including the bartenders being able to make drinks to order, but not a lot in the way of beer.

Whiskey Priest – Trying very hard not to be negative and biased here, so here goes: Floor to ceiling windows so it makes for nice views. Big enough space to accommodate everybody. Gets very busy/packed during the night and weekends with college crowd. Food is also American bar food (buffalo chicken wraps and the like), and for a place called Whiskey Priest, its whiskey selection is not very large.

Legal Seafood Test Kitchen – So there’s Legal Seafood… and then there’s Legal Seafood Test Kitchen. As the name might suggest, this is where Legal Seafoods “tests” their newest and more inventive dishes; heavy on the seafood of course. Strong cocktails, but still the standard $10-12 a pop. Atmosphere is standard bar-ish, bar island area to sit at and scattered smaller tables. I know there’s a patio that can seat up a large group, which would be cool, but not sure how to reserve that space.

I hope this was helpful!

Kiki on
  • thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Thanks! That's awesome!

Final Day to Vote. If you are joining us for the dinner make sure you help decide where we go!!!!

http://goo.gl/forms/uoWB1LWn2Z

Gahhh, can't wait to see everybody in Boston!! I hope everyone can turn out for the dinner, it's one of my top 3 favorite parts of PAX.

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Splendid! I'll be there!

• hadiwisthadiwist Nashville, TNRegistered User regular
    I'll put this here - @thefawnn designed an awesome pinnypals pin, and I had 100 made for East. I'll have them at the dinner!

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Thanks for setting this up guys. I most likely not be at the dinner. I have other plans.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    hadiwist wrote: »
    I'll put this here - @thefawnn designed an awesome pinnypals pin, and I had 100 made for East. I'll have them at the dinner!
    I demand politely request that some are made and sent to Aus!

misskass on
  • agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    "I will hug him, and pet him, and call him George" :)

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    OMFG GIVE IT TO ME!!!

Surprised you went with the older logo with the typo though. :/

• EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Awwww I wish even more I was going to east, I would LOVE one of those :(

Excited to meet/see everyone there! :D

OMFG GIVE IT TO ME!!!

Surprised you went with the older logo with the typo though. :/

You FIEND! Made me look and everything...

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You just got hatfished!

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    So what's the roster so far for dinner?

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    What was the final result on the dinner location?

edited April 2016
    Frostbyte wrote: »

I take it you're too cool to read the topic title? :wink:

TheAggroCraig on
    Jerry Remy's Seaport...If the lady ever returns my phone call ;)

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    rentfn wrote: »
    Jerry Remy's Seaport...If the lady ever returns my phone call ;)

Get on that. "Hey, you have 40 hungry nerds descending on you. Gather your fucks, for you need to give plenty."

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »

I take it you're too cool to read the topic title? :wink:

pppfffttttt, reading is for suckers!

• purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    This puts a damper on things. There isn't much on the Atlantic Beer Garden menu I can eat.

• surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    pureval wrote: »
    This puts a damper on things. There isn't much on the Atlantic Beer Garden menu I can eat.
    Make sure you're looking at the function menu and not the normal menu: https://slack-files.com/files-pri-safe/T0931FYA2-F121ZQRL3/abg_events_menu_1_.pdf?c=1461175260-d2481aeb50f091ee46407a6bba07fd3beaf4b111

I'd like to put in one vote for mac & cheese balls, but I'm happy as long as there's a vegetarian option.

surette on
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    surette wrote: »
    pureval wrote: »
    Make sure you're looking at the function menu and not the normal menu: https://slack-files.com/files-pri-safe/T0931FYA2-F121ZQRL3/abg_events_menu_1_.pdf?c=1461175260-d2481aeb50f091ee46407a6bba07fd3beaf4b111

I'd like to put in one vote for mac & cheese balls, but I'm happy as long as there's a vegetarian option.

I was looking at the attatched link. I can't have things with milk or cheese, that really leaves me limited option wise.

Here's the survey to vote for menu options: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8YFWLJ8

• sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    Have sign ups already happened for attendees or is it a general come if you are able? Or maybe a better question - how many people can the place hold and how many are already probably going?

edited April 2016
    sirmrej wrote: »
    Have sign ups already happened for attendees or is it a general come if you are able? Or maybe a better question - how many people can the place hold and how many are already probably going?
    Sign-ups have already happened, but if I had to guess I'd say you should be okay to come as long as you bring $25 (or send via PayPal/Google Wallet). Not sure of the max capacity but we booked it as an actual function, and last I heard we had 40-50 people RSVP. I'd double check with @rentfn for confirmation though.

surette on
    @sirmrej I told the place to expect about fifty people. Some people have bailed so if you would like to attend you'll have a spot. You can PayPal or google wallet the email address on the first post with your forum name and we will see you at seven.

• sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    I was far away on the other side of Boston so I wasn't able to join but thanks for the replies!