As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    It just looks super dyed

His face doesn't match the hair color

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That Archie looks great

Yeah, the hair looks a bit fake, but whatever, at least they fucking did it

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    I dunno why everyone wants to cast Daisy Ridley in everything, as an aside.

I mean, I'd be fine with Daisy Ridley being, or not being, in all manner of things. She did a solid job in Star Wars, I didn't feel like she set the world on fire or anything but it was good.

She's Chris Pratt aftr Guardians, basically.

everyone likes a enthusiastic young (white) person who seems like they're having fun doing their job.

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

I mean, I'd be fine with Daisy Ridley being, or not being, in all manner of things. She did a solid job in Star Wars, I didn't feel like she set the world on fire or anything but it was good.

everyone likes a enthusiastic young (white) person who seems like they're having fun doing their job.

I feel like this is super disingenuous and ignoring the hype around John Boyega and Oscar Isaac pretty heavily.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    John Boyega for Night Thrasher!

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

I feel like this is super disingenuous and ignoring the hype around John Boyega and Oscar Isaac pretty heavily.

Like, I wanna see all the principles from TFA in a bunch of things because they were all great and I want to watch those actors do more roles.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Boyega and Ridley as Cloak and Dagger?

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Like, I wanna see all the principles from TFA in a bunch of things because they were all great and I want to watch those actors do more roles.

Well, if you have some money laying around you too can watch Oscar Isaac fight a guy in a wheelchair.

This summer!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »
    What if Stan Lee was lying to you
    Stan Lee? Lie?

never.

I still love that Jack Kirby created a couple of asshole conmen in the images of Stan Lee and Roy Thomas in Mister Miracle.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
    Zonugal wrote: »

Well, if you have some money laying around you too can watch Oscar Isaac fight a guy in a wheelchair.

This summer!

I had no idea who Oscar Isaac was before seeing Star Wars, and he's in a ton of make-up in X-men so it didn't click for me that Poe Dameron was Apocalypse until someone explicitly pointed it out not too long ago. Dude's got some good range.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Watch Inside Llewyn Davis and Ex Machina

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Ex Machina is the best seventies sci fi movie to be inexplicably released in 2015.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Watch Inside Llewyn Davis and Ex Machina

Okay, but who plays Adam Jensen?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Haha! Video games reference!

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Ex Machina not starring Mitchell Hundred.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    John Boyega for Night Thrasher!

What did he do to you?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Haha! Video games reference!

Between the two of them, they have the full phrase. Separately, they're "God from" and "from the Machine". At least "From the Machine" still kind of works as a title.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Haha! Meticulous deconstruction!

Okay? I don't think anyone here isn't aware of what deus ex machina means

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    well you see in the olden times, the ancient greeks were too stupid to know how to end plays, so they had to have the gods just come in at the end like "you're done! you're done here! everything that just happened is whatever." they were real dummies, those guys

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    Okay? I don't think anyone here isn't aware of what deus ex machina means

It was more than just a video game reference, is my point. It was fucking wordplay. Not, you know, good wordplay, but I don't got standards there.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    well you see in the olden times, the ancient greeks were too stupid to know how to end plays, so they had to have the gods just come in at the end like "you're done! you're done here! everything that just happened is whatever." they were real dummies, those guys
    hercules-marvel-infinity.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Marvel June solicits should finally be out tomorrow.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    What if Stan Lee was lying to you
    Stan Lee? Lie?

never.

I still love that Jack Kirby created a couple of asshole conmen in the images of Stan Lee and Roy Thomas in Mister Miracle.

funkyflashman2.jpg

it's so vicious

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

There is also the fact that Daisy is essentially the spitting image of Lara when I think of an actress.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
    Bringing up a video game character because the title of his game shares an origin with the title of a movie is not wordplay

Hawkstone wrote: »

There is also the fact that Daisy is essentially the spitting image of Lara when I think of an actress.

Yeah, I didn't have to think about it at all when that rumor surfaced. Just instantly "yep, that's perfect".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Bringing up a video game character because the title of his game shares an origin with the title of a movie is not wordplay

boy you're really upset about a not great joke huh

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    So I watched Ant-Man, and maybe it's because I'm sick, maybe it's because I'm depressed, but that was the most generic pablum superhero movie I've watched in a long time.
    Baskin Robbins always knows was good, but it was straight downhill from there, the tank was the only clever thing use of powers in the whole thing, and it continually veered wildly between EPIC ADVENTURE and shit comedy, with a small interlude near the end for them to say "love is the only thing that transcends time and space."

All the characters felt like paper thin caricatures, the soundtrack was awful, and almost none of the jokes landed for me. Guardians was better and more fun, really. And I fucking hate Guardians.

boy you're really upset about a not great joke huh

No

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    This thread went places in the last hour.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Ex Machina not starring Mitchell Hundred.

we almost got that movie, Gustav

almost

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    So I watched Ant-Man, and maybe it's because I'm sick, maybe it's because I'm depressed, but that was the most generic pablum superhero movie I've watched in a long time.
    Baskin Robbins always knows was good, but it was straight downhill from there, the tank was the only clever thing use of powers in the whole thing, and it continually veered wildly between EPIC ADVENTURE and shit comedy, with a small interlude near the end for them to say "love is the only thing that transcends time and space."

All the characters felt like paper thin caricatures, the soundtrack was awful, and almost none of the jokes landed for me. Guardians was better and more fun, really. And I fucking hate Guardians.

Bummer! I found that while it has some problems, Ant-Man is probably the easiest to rewatch and enjoy since Iron Man

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

So you hated it, and you hated Guardians.

I think your fun is broken. You should probably have it checked out by a professional.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Don't do that rude thing

6F32U1X.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

I enjoyed it when I saw it, but less when I saw it again. I think it's better than Guardians in that it's an okay but shallow movie with some cool bits as opposed to being just terrible. It's definitely not something I'd really laud the storytelling and characters of, though.

Solar on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I am sad

I've lost my main source of income and have to stop buying comics just as Gwen is about to get her first event, a Cap-65 one-shot was announced, and they are introducing Gwenom in a year-long storyline

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I am sad

I've lost my main source of income and have to stop buying comics just as Gwen is about to get her first event, a Cap-65 one-shot was announced, and they are introducing Gwenom in a year-long storyline

Sorry to hear that Jim, hope you find something else soon!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Man

I dont like the sound of that event

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I am sad

Sorry to hear that Jim, hope you find something else soon!

Thanks! Though I imagine I'll pick it up in trade at some point, or whenever it hits the library

Was mainly posting because Gwenom sounds ridiculous and great and I hope we get lots more Earth-65 stuff and cool new takes on characters

This discussion has been closed.