As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting an over capacity error when looking at my post list

jothkijothki Registered User regular
Whenever I try to look at the lists of posts I've made in my profile, I get a Vanilla Forums error saying that the servers are over capacity and the request couldn't be handled. The weird part is, that's the only place that I'm seeing it, and it always happens. I can run searches and look at every other element in my profile with no issues, it's just that one part that the servers don't like.

I've already cleared my cache and cookies, just in case that was the issue, but I'm still seeing the error happening.

Edit: Doing further testing, I can see everyone else's profile's post list fine. When I'm logged out, viewing my posts will still generate an error, making me think that the issue is with my profile in particular.

Edit again: Looks like I'm hitting scattered failures on other parts, but those go away with a refresh. The servers might be having issues in general, but it's weird that it always hits that part of my profile, but nowhere else.

jothki on

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    weeeeiiiiiiiird. @IcyLiquid

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Same with me! Possibly related, the second instance of a spoiler is still the ellipses
    what what
    chicken butt

furthermore! Quoting someone with a spoiler (or maybe just double spoiler) puts your whole post in a quote box, regardless of where the quote tag ends. (on mobile, and it's only happened once so far that I've seen. Weird tho!)

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Spoiler issue is being dealt with in another thread

• Options
    Same with me!

Confirmed, I'm getting that error when looking at your posts too.

Maybe it's some sort of general data corruption issue that happened to randomly hit our profiles?

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Same here. I try to look at anybody's post history and it keeps throwing up a 502 error.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    I keep instinctively clicking on my post history, even though I know it's broken. It's surprising how critical it is to my normal flow. In comparison, the default view of my threads seems pretty niche, especially since by default posts to my threads send out notifications while responses to my posts don't have a similar mechanism (they might not even mention me in any way, just following up by context alone).

Is there any reason that posts aren't the default for profiles, other than incredible prescience about this exact bug occurring years in advance? I do admit that it's nice to not have access to my profile entirely blocked right now.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Found another point where things are reliably breaking: single-thread search results. Here's an example that always breaks for me: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/search?search=jothki&adv=1&discussionid=203815#search-results

Maybe it's getting hung on individual posts, and will break if a bad post is queried by any means. I'll see if I can break the server by rendering a post in-thread, since I suspect that there's already one in there.

Edit: Hitting every single page in the thread doesn't seem to break anything.

jothki on
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This should now be resolved.

• Options
    It is, thanks.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Whoo, thanks Icy!

Oh brilliant