As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spoilers, mostly working?

bowenbowen How you doin'?Registered User regular
https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/34731307/#Comment_34731307

This comment in particular shows some oddities, there's also some from earlier on in the page. With quotes, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Out of quotes, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Happening in IE, Chrome, and Edge.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    It looks it only works for the first spoiler in a post, with every one after that showing as ellipses.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Shitbeans

• Options
    A fix is in PR

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Ellipses spoilers are now completely broken as of about half an hour ago, though the traditional spoilers are still working.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/197673/daredevil-bang/p71

Seems like pages with ellipses spoilers also take much longer to fully load for whatever reason.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    EDIT: Okay, issue I was about to report (inability to highlight text in a spoiler) seems to have been resolved.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    here's an issue from the SE movie thread I edited out the actual spoiler contents from:
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Lars wrote: »
    herp
    derp

For me, the first one is in the old style and works correctly and the second one is in the ... style and isn't clickable, I have to quote the post to see the contents. Is it like that for others?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm getting that too.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Me too - mobile site (Windows phone) and Chrome.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Fix is coming

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Fix is coming

Just noticed they were fixed in the Daredevil thread.
    I think it's working...
    It does!
    But nested don't. But it's progress.

Looks like you can still get the ellipses with nested spoilers, but that's a much smaller issue relative to what was just fixed. Yay.

The hard work is much appreciated, you guys. I was totally gonna ask for a refund.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I was just coming in here to start this thread. I can open the 2 spoilers with the word "spoiler" in the button but not the one with the ellipsis in Bobble's post. Happens on Chrome on desktop (49.0.2623.87 m) and iOS (not sure of version as I don't have my iPad at work).

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Spoilers don't work in PMs.

The brackets are stripped from the first spoiler and the closing tag is deleted.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Along those lines, spoiler tags in the reaction history aren't 100%

if the full spoiler is below the ... (more) link, the spoiler box correctly encloses the text, but cannot be toggled on / off; it stays open

if the spoiler is split across that link, then only the text above gets the box

this is not an issue, per se, as the reaction history is obviously stuff that the user has responded to (or posted) and they should therefore know what's in the spoiler

but I thought I'd mention it for the sake of completeness.

Tamin on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Spoilers have apparently totally evaporated and are showing as clear text.

Spoilers
    like this which should be spoilered but isn't or at least should be

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Yup, Daredevil thread is either filled with geese or the spoilers are broken.

Spoiler:
    'Both' is an option too.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    X-wing thread has some craziness going on in addition to the spoilers. Not sure if the two are related.

Starting here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/34745893/#Comment_34745893

• Options
    tabernac...

• Options
    X-wing thread has some craziness going on in addition to the spoilers. Not sure if the two are related.

Starting here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/34745893/#Comment_34745893

If you find any other instances of this please post them.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    The OP Here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/202823/update-news-its-on-pre-pax-boardgame-night-ep-2016-the-dice-awaken/p1

The old spoilers were working, but I rewrote the post today and deleted/added them back in and the new ones don't work.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Spoilers are broken sitewide, I'm talking specifically about the stylesheet breaking. Thank you though.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

If you find any other instances of this please post them.

Looks good now

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Spoilers seem like they are loading expanded and showing their text before they collapse. Pg 46 of the dc movie thread in dd has a nice example with the spoiler in the first post. Using chrome on a S4.

• Options
    I have a fairly inconsistent connection speed, so I've noticed that the spoiler being open while pages load problem is much more visible when my connection is slow.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    These are working now, yeah?

I still see the red warning up top but haven't noticed any weirdness since around the night of the multiposts.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    These are working now, yeah?

I still see the red warning up top but haven't noticed any weirdness since around the night of the multiposts.

the pages-loading-with-spoiler-open-for-a-moment thing is still happening as far as I can tell, it's just open for an eyeblink's worth of time when my connection is decent but when I occasionally have a very slow connection it stays visible for a second or so

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Spoiler tags don't seem to work in search results
    glipadip spoiler test

edit: seems to affect post history as well

Brolo on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular