As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

limited edition pax aus pin for early purchasers

• Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    2slayeru2slayeru Mount Gambier, South AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I have no vine for this.

EDIT: Best I can do:

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh boy, as an enforcer I'm not the most happy about this. I'm going to have to convince a friend to be nice to me.

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    In America we have to claw to get PAX badges. In AUS they have to dangle a carrot.

• Options
    Tubby2877Tubby2877 Addicted Pinner Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Maybe they might give them to enforcers (like the previous enforcers badges) as well for being super awesome and being part of the pax team! U guys technically get a 3 or 4 Day badge (if not more) with all the setting and pack up u have to do.

• Options
    MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I was worried until I saw this.

"Already purchased your PAX 3-day badge? Don’t worry! You’re included in this promo too!"

And I bought 2 badges so yay, extra pin!

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I have a couple passes this year so i will have spare pins and lanyards etc. And yes, i will trade for them.

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    I quit.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    sigh..and thats almost a death knell for die hards..160.00 for a single pin to a pax you may not be able to get to...

• Options
    There will be more people that have the pin at Aus than there are people who will want it in the US, I'm just fear-mongering.

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    AsphoronAsphoron Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I'm almost tempted to pay for someone to go to for free if they send me the pin :P

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Asphoron wrote: »
    I'm almost tempted to pay for someone to go to for free if they send me the pin :P

There needs to be a "Sponsor an Aussie" program. A person not going to PaxAus pairs up with somebody who doesn't want their pin, but wants a couple bucks.

• Options
    Kiki Kiki Lady Moogle Hat Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    In America we have to claw to get PAX badges. In AUS they have to dangle a carrot.

^ Completely. This is totally a "We need more people [who are not from Aus] to attend PAX Aus!" ploy.

... As I sit here trying to see how much it would actually cost to get my hands on one of these...

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I... think it's okay to say here that Aus Enforcers were just told we'll get the pins as well. So no need for volunteers to worry about missing out.

• Options
    Kiki wrote: »

^ Completely. This is totally a "We need more people [who are not from Aus] to attend PAX Aus!" ploy.

... As I sit here trying to see how much it would actually cost to get my hands on one of these...

Khoo was saying last night that Aus and South people wait till the last minute to buy badges. Which makes planning hard. So, pin for going to South?

• Options
    MiniGoobMiniGoob AustraliaRegistered User new member
    Enforcers don't miss out woohoo. Also I have about 10 lined up from mates so hit me up after PAX AUS ;)

• Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm just scared of what the expected trade value is going to be..:(

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    If Enforcers don't miss out that's going to be another 500+ in the wild. The trade value won't be crazy.

• Options
    RocketOgreRocketOgre WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Sign me up for the MiniGoob helps out the Yanks program! :D

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Khoo was saying last night that Aus and South people wait till the last minute to buy badges. Which makes planning hard. So, pin for going to South?

3 Day badges for South went in 3.5 days according to the spreadsheet. They'd have to add incentives to the single day, and that would mean a lot of pins. I'm not counting on South getting this (or, put another way, I could see a different incentive being involved).

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    If Enforcers don't miss out that's going to be another 500+ in the wild. The trade value won't be crazy.

Literally this.

• Options

3 Day badges for South went in 3.5 days according to the spreadsheet. They'd have to add incentives to the single day, and that would mean a lot of pins. I'm not counting on South getting this (or, put another way, I could see a different incentive being involved).

The incentive could be "buy before X" it doesn't have to be for every badge sold.

• Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular

Australians like to know what they are getting. Best way to get people to buy tickets early is to announce content earlier.

• Options
    vonhist wrote: »

Australians like to know what they are getting. Best way to get people to buy tickets early is to announce content earlier.

No doubt. But content is still being worked on. Early bird prices are good. Could be better. But a merchandise incentive is always good. Id recommend adding a discount voucher for early birds at the merch booth

• Options
    RaynerRayner Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Me and my partner were going to wait and get passes after the other stuff... but then I got this email... then the plan went flying out the window...

But I would like to know what is going to be at pax (panel wise, and a rough idea of devs etc) before hand...
    This year was a no brainer... Digital Extremes is going to be at PAX Aus this year (or so they say), even if it's just a meet up type thing, and not a panel... I'm there... DE makes Warframe, and I would maim for a Pin for Warframe.

• Options
    Maybe they will be showing off something new? Warframe pin would be good. Sadly this deal is only for people already committed to going without knowing all the details. And they wont be known until shortly before it starts.

• Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It wont hurt them to announce stuff as they know it. It will make a difference with Australian gamers.

• Options
    Follow them on facebook and twitter.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    vonhist wrote: »
    It wont hurt them to announce stuff as they know it. It will make a difference with Australian gamers.

It could hurt us to announce something and then have it canceled. Plans change all the time. Believe me we don't keep secrets just to keep them, we do it to not set false expectations and avoid disapointments

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    @Beker like "unnamed game that dropped out and caused the frantic Rocket League Scramble with 1 week to go" of 2015?

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    callmegarcallmegar Registered User regular
    Ok, so I'm willing to pay for an aus three day badge to an active community member (maybe for a friend) that agrees to get me the badge exclusive pin plus proxy the other aus pins (I would pay for the buy pins too). Any takers? PM me.

00trpy9qu6xq.jpg
  • Options
    ajetog@gmail.comajetog@gmail.com WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Not to double up, but I would like to also offer up that I would be willing to buy the 3-day badge(s) so that someone can attend the show in exchange for the pin and lanyard and badge to be sent to me after the show. Also to be my Aus friend for pins from the show. I'll be going to East and West and can proxy in return. (Cash/trade pins?...)
    PM me for more details.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You're all nuts.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Considering there's going to be thousands of these pins out there, you really don't need to be paying for someone's PAX to get one... but by all means, do what you want.

• Options
    neohobbesneohobbes Registered User regular
    maybe, maybe... But if you can secure the pin, lanyard, badge and have a proxy in Australia... Then maybe not so nuts..?

• Options
    luckycharmluckycharm Perth, AURegistered User regular
    In the case of the Proxy, I have full intentions of being the Aus Proxy again this year. So there is no need to panic trying to get the buy-able pins if you don't have a pin group.

• Options
    VotucuVotucu Registered User regular
    I think we all tend to panic just a little bit too much with these exclusives.

The pins are going into the hands of hundreds of people who couldn't care less. It will be easy for Aus Pinthusiasts to trade for them, then trade on to members of the community. Hell, most of them are just going to get given to people who care, as seen with @MiniGoob

Don't panic. It will be fine. (I will also gather all that I can, these will be available through PinnyPals.com as I don't use the forums often enough anymore)

• Options
    KingPin1KingPin1 Hardcore Casual Pin Trader Seattle WA, USARegistered User regular
    Sponsor a proxy. I like that idea. We can crowdfund and send frosty to aus this year!

• Options
    KingPin1 wrote: »
    Sponsor a proxy. I like that idea. We can crowdfund and send frosty to aus this year!

Aus is during Blizzcon, so I nominate myself!