As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    OK apparently the cosmic cube girl from Standoff is being classified as an Inhuman and issue 2 of CW2 is saying Tony Stark declares war on all Inhumans.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I think enough people liked MoS and will see anything with Batman that BvS is going to do quite well for itself

I disagree with them vehemently, but there are loads of people that think Superman is corny and having him destroy an entire city and snap a dudes neck was totally awesome to those people

Those same people have been in love with the BvS marketing

Maddoc on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Lars wrote: »
    I really wish this movie wasn't going to make all the money.

I'd like for a really good live-action Superman movie to come out during my lifetime, and that's apparently not going to happen as long as WB keeps pursuing their current cinematic universe.

It won't, necessarily. If all the people who know they're going to hate it resist the temptation to go and see it. Amazing Spider-Man 2 showed that these movies can fail.

Like ASM2, it can do well financially but still fall to reach expectations. Anything short of a billion is going to reflect poorly on the future DCEU. That's not really fair either since the MCU didn't break a billion until Avengers but that's what WB gets for rushing out the trinity like this.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've read a few places that this movie has to comfortably pass the 1 billion marker worldwide to be seen as a success.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Here's the list of CW2 tie ins:

CIVIL WAR II: CHOOSING SIDES #1 (OF 6), CIVIL WAR II: X-MEN #1 (OF 4), CIVIL WAR II: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 (OF 4), CIVIL WAR II: GODS OF WAR #1 (OF 4), DEADPOOL #14, THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #7, UNCANNY INHUMANS #11, CAPTAIN MARVEL #6, MS. MARVEL #8, CAPTAIN AMERICA: SAM WILSON #10, ULTIMATES #8, NEW AVENGERS #12, NOVA #8, ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #9, INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10.

I'm assuming the ongoing titles will each last 3 to 4 issues long.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    ooo oo I found this again. I doodled a Superman several years back for giggles.

tumblr_mob5cvqjg51rshctco1_1280.jpg

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    ooo oo I found this again. I doodled a Superman several years back for giggles.

tumblr_mob5cvqjg51rshctco1_1280.jpg

I like the expressions. Supes is pretty smug and Lois doesn't look like she's buying into it at all.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Superman is super corny.

I mean, he's from Kansas.

Eh? Eh?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Superman is super corny.

I mean, he's from Kansas.

Eh? Eh?

Corn is only the third biggest crop in kansas, behind wheat and sorghum

I learned a thing today!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Why is Superman punching Blank?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

Nah, that ain't Blank

Blank's got feathers

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Punched the feathers right off him

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

That couldn't be Blank... I don't see any feathers.

• Options
    Good work everyone, Blank=feathers. Got it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AngryJoe, I guy I usually like, is giving mixed signals on Twitter whether he thought BvS was any good.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    AngryJoe, I guy I usually like, is giving mixed signals on Twitter whether he thought BvS was any good.

wheeeeee

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Man of Steel 3: It's just a black screen

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    If I remember right, Angry Joe was a very strong supporter of MoS, so if he's got mixed feelings for this one that's probably not a good sign for the film.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

wheeeeee

That should tell everyone pretty much everything they need to know.

• Options
    I'm torn on how many of those CW2 tie ins I'm going to follow. All the miniseries except Choosing Sides sound interesting to me. IIM, CM, and Ms Marvel as well.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    if you're not following The Ultimates, you're making a mistake

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    So has anyone mentioned this yet?

What the fuck is all this about?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    CAPTAIN BRITAIN IS MY FAVORITE SO YES INDEED WHAT THE FUCK.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

The Ultimates is so good.

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    So has anyone mentioned this yet?

What the fuck is all this about?

Who has the rights to this? If it's Marvel proper, this is going to bug the shizz out of me because Psylocke is locked away with the X-men rights.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I would have to guess Fox, since he's a mutant and has led X-Teams.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I don't want to be that guy but I am a little surprised that people are surprised BvS is so bad.

Really I can't imagine it would ever be anything but.

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    I don't want to be that guy but I am a little surprised that people are surprised BvS is so bad.

I don't think we're surprised so much as disappointed we were correct

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »

Ciara McAvoy has also worked with Fox on Star Wars, Frankenstein and X-Men: First Class, so it'd make sense that it'd be Fox.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options

The tie in for that focuses on Thanos. So yes I'll probably read it.

• Options
    David_T wrote: »

Ciara McAvoy has also worked with Fox on Star Wars, Frankenstein and X-Men: First Class, so it'd make sense that it'd be Fox.

I'm pretty okay with that, then. Obviously Psylocke shouldn't be a major player in a Captain Britain series but it'd be dumb if she didn't even exist in the show's universe.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ryvenryven Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

lots of other people dont share this opinion, im seeing a ton of people who love it that were at fan screenings

ryven on
  • Options
    ryven wrote: »

lots of other people dont share this opinion, im seeing a ton of people who love it who were at fan screenings

I'm... not trying to be a jerk, but yes I would imagine that people who like MoS so much that they got tickets to and went to fan screenings of this that they would enjoy it

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I'm hoping Rob Bricken from IO9 does one of his F.A.Qs, cause the MoS one was hilarious.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    In general, with much-hyped movies people can have a positive experience their first time seeing a big movie which may not be related to the quality of the film at all.

I remember people giving positive reviews to Batman & Robin, the Star Wars prequels, the Matrix sequels, the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels, Ghost Rider, Man of Steel, and many others immediately after seeing them. In fact, I was one of those people for one of those.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I'm hoping Rob Bricken from IO9 does one of his F.A.Qs, cause the MoS one was hilarious.

I tried looking for it but couldn't find it. Do you have the link?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hey

Hey hey hey

Batman & Robin is incredible

• Options
    Lars wrote: »
    In general, with much-hyped movies people can have a positive experience their first time seeing a big movie which may not be related to the quality of the film at all.

I remember people giving positive reviews to Batman & Robin, the Star Wars prequels, the Matrix sequels, the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels, Ghost Rider, Man of Steel, and many others immediately after seeing them. In fact, I was one of those people for one of those.

This is why I respect Mark Kermode

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lZMfe4qnoKU

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

I tried looking for it but couldn't find it. Do you have the link?

Yeah, I realized it was bad form not to link it.
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-most-important-scenes-from-man-of-steel-as-i-remem-516405346

• Options
    David_T wrote: »

I'm pretty okay with that, then. Obviously Psylocke shouldn't be a major player in a Captain Britain series but it'd be dumb if she didn't even exist in the show's universe.

I would be totally fine if they just gave him a new sister (depending on if anyone calls psylocke Betsy in the movie), or made her adopted.

The less about her doing the weird creepy body swap the better.

This discussion has been closed.