As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Hey

Hey hey hey

Batman & Robin is incredible

You know, with everyone fawning over the Adam West Batman these days, I wonder when this movie gets its reappraisal. Because through the Batman 66 lens it is a nearly perfect recreation.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    People gave positive reviews to Batman & Robin because it's art you philistine

Maddoc on
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The only thing I really don't like that Mark Kermode does is the dumb thing with names of actors he doesn't like

its just petty

Otherwise love the dude

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I'm hoping Rob Bricken from IO9 does one of his F.A.Qs, cause the MoS one was hilarious.

I tried looking for it but couldn't find it. Do you have the link?

Yeah, I realized it was bad form not to link it.
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-most-important-scenes-from-man-of-steel-as-i-remem-516405346

Ok this cost me my drink
    Young Clark: So I’m kind of thinking I should use my powers for good, to help people and stuff.

Pa Kent: HOLY SHIT NO. You must never reveal your powers to anyone! People will figure out you’re an alien! The government will take you away? Got it? You must never help anyone ever.

Young Clark: Even if it’s a schoolbus full of children about to drown?

Pa Kent: Especially if it’s a schoolbus full of children about to drown! You just sit there, and watch them drown, one by one.

Young Clark: That doesn’t seem right.

Pa Kent: And if for some reason someone else saves the bus, IT IS UP TO YOU TO PUSH THAT BUS BACK IN THAT LAKE AND MAKE SURE THOSE CHILDREN DROWN.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    It was really stupid how the Kryptonians decided to waste the time to imprison Zod in the giant space ship instead of oh, I don't know, use the space ship to save as many of their people as they can.

• Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Question if a supposed BvS spoiler is actually in the movie:
    A guy gets paralyzed by the Zod fight from the last film, and is portrayed as a completely bitter and hateful person as a result of it, all the way up until Lex turns him into a suicide bomber in a courtroom full of people.

Does that happen or was that a fake spoiler?

100% in the movie

i would also be legit shocked if this movie reviews well. right from the opening sequence the movie is grim to a fault and it does not let up even once

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Two reviews so far. Both in Spanish but the English excerpts are pretty negative.

Quire.jpg
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    The fact that the Kryptonians decide to save Zod as punishment for his crimes is such a huge fucking clanger, so early in the movie.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    My guess is that it's a hangover from an earlier draft where the Kryptonians didn't know the planet was exploding and dumb dumb Goyer didn't realise it no longer made sense.

• FuruFuru Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    OK apparently the cosmic cube girl from Standoff is being classified as an Inhuman and issue 2 of CW2 is saying Tony Stark declares war on all Inhumans.

the psychic Inhuman in Civil War II is not the cosmic cube girl from standoff, they're separate characters

the inhuman is a dude

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    My guess is that it's a hangover from an earlier draft where the Kryptonians didn't know the planet was exploding and dumb dumb Goyer didn't realise it no longer made sense.

Yeah, the Zod thing works if like, it's done before they realize that the planet is about to explode

It can be even like, moments before, and they like, frantically try to recover the ship to use as a lifeboat and Zod, I don't know, kills a bunch of people

That would fit in that movie

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I would have to guess Fox, since he's a mutant and has led X-Teams.

Captain Britain isn't a mutant, though. Like, at all.

And Excalibur was more X-adjacent than a real X-book.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is going to dominate this weekend's box office. In addition to predictions that the film could make as much as $350 million in its first weekend, The Wrap has reported that the film has broken one of Fandango's ticket sales records.

The film has now outsold all superhero films to become Fandango's top pre-selling superhero movie ever. According to Fandango, 90% of tickets sold for this weekend have been for "Batman v Superman," allowing the Zack Snyder-directed film to pass previous record-holders 2012's "The Dark Knight Rises" and 2015's "Avengers: Age of Ultron."

Deadline previously reported that the film is on track to earn $350 million over its opening weekend. This would make it the second best pre-summer global opening to date, after last year's "Furious 7."

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    This wad of effluvium is going to earn a hundred shitzillion dollars

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Fuck
    Darkseid has won.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Alright baby

if you're born this weekend, daddy doesn't go see BvS

Deal?

sig.gif
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Do what must be done for the good of SimBen baby

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I'm more interested in the box office drop-off the next weekend

Ceno on
    I wonder what the drop off will be for the second week.

People fukkin love Batman.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    One good thing to come out of this is that I'm giddily anticipating the moviebob review.

sig.gif
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

There's nothing big out April 1st.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    Don't do me, baby.

sig.gif

Well except Half-Life 3.

sig.gif
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Looks like Starbrand & Nightmask, Illuminati and Angela: Queen of Hel might be canceled. (their trade collections aren't volume ones and they have disappeared from solicitations)

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    One good thing to come out of this is that I'm giddily anticipating the moviebob review.

Honestly, the whole "MovieBob rips into a terrible movie mostly by saying naughty words a lot" just doesn't hold any appeal for me.

IKknkhU.gif
    He doesn't just cuss it out, he's really articulate about how bad movies are bad.

sig.gif
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    and the hints at the justice league stuff is honestly laughable. bruce has a bad dream about superman working with darkseid (you don't see him but there's the omega symbol and parademons and apokolips furnaces all over the place so it's obvious) and then after the dream motherfucking flash shows up OUT OF NOWHERE in an awful looking costume screaming some shit about not letting lois die and realizing he went back too far. it's the most inane, out-of-left-field shit i've ever seen and it honestly makes no sense other than to be a thing for marks to clap at in the movie theater (which of course they did, despite how fucking random it was) and then it turns out lex has a bunch of files regarding metahumans on his computer, each handily already sporting their own logo! it's basically a bunch of security footage feed of flash, cyborg and aquaman that isn't exciting in the least and, in my opinion, goes over like a wet fart
    I just had a random thought about those BVS spoilers.
    Maybe it's just because of my personal take that "time travel has a well organized and obvious priority list" but going back in time and saying that you "went too far back", but still not being far back enough to stop the events of Man of Steel seems like crazy pants.

"We have to save Lois Lane! Oh no, I went too far back!"
    "This isn't 1930, 1950, 1965, 1973 or 2013, so I think you actually stopped too soon!"

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    He doesn't just cuss it out, he's really articulate about how bad movies are bad.

He used to be

After that Pixels review went viral, he's definitely added a lot more "hilarious" vulgarity to keep those viewers around

He's occasionally real smart, which is why I still pay attention, but boy it's grating sometimes

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I agree, when he's on form he is very good at getting across why a film might be bad. But I get the feeling that after Pixels blew up for him, if he doesn't like it, he's probably going to be going the same route for those hits yo.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I would have to guess Fox, since he's a mutant and has led X-Teams.

Captain Britain isn't a mutant, though. Like, at all.

And Excalibur was more X-adjacent than a real X-book.

He refers to himself as a mutant throughout most of Excalibur. And his sister and brother are mutants. It may be retconned away by now but he definitely was considered one for a long time.

And Excalibur was the coolest X-Men team.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I agree, when he's on form he is very good at getting across why a film might be bad. But I get the feeling that after Pixels blew up for him, if he doesn't like it, he's probably going to be going the same route for those hits yo.

It's hard for me to dislike him for it! Everybody gots to get paid

It just makes me sad, is all

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

Well except Half-Life 3.

Why are people cruel to one another

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Hobnail wrote: »

Well except Half-Life 3.

Why are people cruel to one another

for the lulz

sig.gif
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

He gets way more from his Patreon than from any Youtube stuff.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

It's hard for me to dislike him for it! Everybody gots to get paid

It just makes me sad, is all

Yeah, I can understand it for sure, but it's a shame to see someone sink occasionally.

On the other hand RTG is usually excellent so I guess it balances out?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    I'm sad that Game Overthinker and In Bob We Trust is taking a season break. It was one of the few Youtube subscribes I'd stop what I was doing to watch as soon as the alert popped up.

sig.gif
    Giving a bad review is a god dang art unto itself. You have to keep focus on it so it's not just saying increasingly hyperbolic insults. Those are the spices not the dang meal.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Giving a bad review is a god dang art unto itself. You have to keep focus on it so it's not just saying increasingly hyperbolic insults. Those are the spices not the dang meal.

Roger Ebert's movie reviews of movies he hated are some of his best work, imo. The man was really great at tearing down movies that upset him in a way that was both critically sound and satisfyingly brutal.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Dedwrekka wrote: »
    and the hints at the justice league stuff is honestly laughable. bruce has a bad dream about superman working with darkseid (you don't see him but there's the omega symbol and parademons and apokolips furnaces all over the place so it's obvious) and then after the dream motherfucking flash shows up OUT OF NOWHERE in an awful looking costume screaming some shit about not letting lois die and realizing he went back too far. it's the most inane, out-of-left-field shit i've ever seen and it honestly makes no sense other than to be a thing for marks to clap at in the movie theater (which of course they did, despite how fucking random it was) and then it turns out lex has a bunch of files regarding metahumans on his computer, each handily already sporting their own logo! it's basically a bunch of security footage feed of flash, cyborg and aquaman that isn't exciting in the least and, in my opinion, goes over like a wet fart
    I just had a random thought about those BVS spoilers.
    Maybe it's just because of my personal take that "time travel has a well organized and obvious priority list" but going back in time and saying that you "went too far back", but still not being far back enough to stop the events of Man of Steel seems like crazy pants.

"We have to save Lois Lane! Oh no, I went too far back!"
    "This isn't 1930, 1950, 1965, 1973 or 2013, so I think you actually stopped too soon!"

If
    the Flash traveled to a time when Darkseid has already conquered the world, it would make more sense if he didn't travel back far enough.

Also, did Flash time travel into Batman's dream? Because it would be really dumb if Batman having a precognitive nightmare wasn't explained.

My guess about Wonder Woman giving the vision to Batman because she got it from the Oracle would have made way more sense.

This discussion has been closed.