As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    BVS was doomed the moment they refused to use a Limozeen song as their main theme

Heaaaaaaart of a lion
    And the wiiiiiiings of a bat

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    BVS was doomed the moment they refused to use a Limozeen song as their main theme

Heaaaaaaart of a lion
    And the wiiiiiiings of a bat

BECAUSE, IT'S MIDNITE

sig.gif
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    So BvS comes out tomorrow in Australia and being known as "the nerd" at work has people asking me if I'm going to see it. They are stunned when I say no, I will not be seeing it in theaters and will probably wait for it to be out on a streaming service or the next time I take a long flight.

They ask me why I won't see it and I try to explain but then they ask me why I think it will be bad and I go a bit deeper, which involves talking about Snyder and MoS and what's great about Superman and then they realize that holy shit Viv is a NERD but also not a REAL nerd cuz why wouldn't she see every superhero movie that comes out?

I've resorted to saying that even Henry Cavill won't get me in to see it just to give the message that I REALLY AM NOT GONNA SEE IT.

My braiiiin.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Screen International
    Fionnuala Halligan
    Mar 22, 2016

Even given that lazy stereotyping is the point of her schtick, Vardalos’ broad routine hasn’t aged well, her heavily-(and widely-) accented ‘oily’ Greek family an uncomfortable, almost retro fit for today’s global sensitivities. Apart from that, the gags just aren’t that funny.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    This bit is now classic and you are doomed to post thousands of review snippets or else be a gutless quitting coward who can't commit

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Slant Magazine
    Eric Henderson
    Mar 22, 2016

As far as shameless excuses to rehash crowd-pleasing gags from the first film go, it doesn't particularly go about its duties cynically.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    So BvS comes out tomorrow in Australia and being known as "the nerd" at work has people asking me if I'm going to see it. They are stunned when I say no, I will not be seeing it in theaters and will probably wait for it to be out on a streaming service or the next time I take a long flight.

They ask me why I won't see it and I try to explain but then they ask me why I think it will be bad and I go a bit deeper, which involves talking about Snyder and MoS and what's great about Superman and then they realize that holy shit Viv is a NERD but also not a REAL nerd cuz why wouldn't she see every superhero movie that comes out?

I've resorted to saying that even Henry Cavill won't get me in to see it just to give the message that I REALLY AM NOT GONNA SEE IT.

My braiiiin.

One of the many reasons I appreciate this forum and have been here for the last eight years.

We can talk about this stuff at length without witnessing the dawning realization of horror on somebody's face when they realize that the nerdy question they absentmindedly asked the local nerd actually has a real and lengthy answer.

Tldr I like you guys

Ceno on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    it'll be a cold day in hell before i ever like a youtube film review

I suddenly want us to force Rorshach to make a youtube review series reviewing other Youtube film reviews.

I can make this happen.

I just need a box, some string, and some coors light tallboys.

well, i guess the plus side to gnawing your own arm off is you have less blood therefore it is easier to raise your bac

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I'll probably buy a ticket to Deadpool on Thursday and sneak into a showing of BvS.

Because I want to experience the schlock, but not encourage bad cinema

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have that comic page where Superman returns the bent up bike wheel to a kid and bends it back for him? I think it was from Injustice Gods Among us, but I can't find it anywhere

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I'll probably buy a ticket to Deadpool on Thursday and sneak into a showing of BvS.

Tickets are selling really well so you probably won't be able to sneak into a showing this weekend.

If I go see it, I'll probably go next week some time in the morning when there aren't so many people.

• Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Does anyone have that comic page where Superman returns the bent up bike wheel to a kid and bends it back for him? I think it was from Injustice Gods Among us, but I can't find it anywhere

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/11/injustice-gods-among-us-having-its-cake-eating-it-then-making-us-go-on-a-diet/

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    i10-600x461.png

Damn, that's a good summation

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Dude who wrote that, IIRC, was a huge Superman fan and was super excited to finally get to write a superman story.. and it wound up being the "How Superman became an asshole" prequel story for the Injustice videogame.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    the injustice comic is very good and I hope that guy gets to write something he really cares about

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    the injustice comic is very good and I hope that guy gets to write something he really cares about

he's currently writing All-New Wolverine, which is fantastic

he also just did a three issue arc on Batman/Superman that was really good

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

he's currently writing All-New Wolverine, which is fantastic

he also just did a three issue arc on Batman/Superman that was really good

Good for him!

I know people were caught up on what superman does to go bad in the injustice game but its actually pretty well written and GOOD superman's speech to bad superman in that thing is great

Weirdly, Injustice is a great rebuttal to what BvS wants superheroes to be

from the fucking mortal kombat team

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I wish DC had something like Marvel Unlimited. There are a lot of older DC stories I would love to read, but I don't want to drop $20-30 for something that might just be Ok and from 30 years ago

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    there was a scene in a newer episode of supergirl that reminded me a lot of superman 3, so now i like that show just fine.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

I suddenly want us to force Rorshach to make a youtube review series reviewing other Youtube film reviews.

I can make this happen.

Olde English.

It would be Olde English, not Coors Light.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Holy crap, Agents of SHIELD
    Does Most Wanted have a confirmed premiere date? It's gotta be soon now!
    I didn't expect them to do it so soon. I figured it would either be the season finale or the beginning of next season. I admit, I did tear up a bit when Mack was looking at Bobbi at the bar :(

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

I've said it before, but just pay for the right movie. This tactic is bizarre and petty.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

I can make this happen.

Olde English.

Not if I'm buying

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

I can make this happen.

Olde English.

Not if I'm buying

Pssh...

Half-measures

• Options

I can make this happen.

Olde English.

Not if I'm buying

Pssh...

Half-measures

Full-measures would be a waste of all of our skills and resources.

Also they don't have Olde English at the gas station on my street. And I'm not going further than that for beer for other people.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    you motherfuckers

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I know @Rorshach Kringle.

I know Rorshach Kringle like Robert Muldoon knew those raptors.

• Options
    I know @Rorshach Kringle.

I know Rorshach Kringle like Robert Muldoon knew those raptors.

And I'm Chris Pratt. Inferior in everyway.

But I live at the end.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    it's true

@Zonugal and i are destined to destroy each other

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I wouldn't put the work into it frankly

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    you're gonna be collateral damage like the skeleton in the lobby

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    If your going to make the man drink shit beer why not go all the way, Natural Ice, Molson, and Big Flats

• Options
    I would go Beer 30 Ice if a wanted one to truly suffer.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ahahahahha

yes

"make" me drink shitty beer

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Big Flats is sold for $0.10 a can at the local Walgreens. It tastes like what you would expect

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    If your going to make the man drink shit beer why not go all the way, Natural Ice, Molson, and Big Flats

I still think the shittiest beer I've ever had is Steel Reserve. Rainier Beer was a pretty close second when I was 20, but now that I'm older and have had Corona Light...eeg. May as well pour a can of High Life into a gallon of water if you want to drink Corona Light.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    ten cent beers?

bucketman do you live in heaven?

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Steel Reserve or Natty Ice is the beer you take when you go floating. Because if you tip the canoe and lose the beer you will not cry.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Steel Reserve or Natty Ice is the beer you take when you go floating. Because if you tip the canoe and lose the beer you will not cry.

maybe you won't

6vjsgrerts6r.png

This discussion has been closed.