As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Soon to be Game ON!]Eberron!

2»

• Options
    nagilfarswakenagilfarswake Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    if we're playing real time, that might put a slight damper on my ability to play; i'm in school for about 14 hours a day on weekdays, and i have to take care of things like uniforms, PT etc. during my "free" time. Weekends i'm pretty open.

if that's going to be an issue, i've not problem with stepping aside to let someone take my place.

nagilfarswake on
    Down the slopes of death he rides; the eight hooves pound like drums.

eve: Cain Blueriver
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    if we're playing real time, that might put a slight damper on my ability to play; i'm in school for about 14 hours a day on weekdays, and i have to take care of things like uniforms, PT etc. during my "free" time. Weekends i'm pretty open.

if that's going to be an issue, i've not problem with stepping aside to let someone take my place.

What he said.

Turkey on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    DeVryGuy wrote:
    piL wrote:
    DeVryGuy wrote:
    Which makes Warforged Monks pretty badass. Composite Plating doesn't technically count as armor, so a warforged monk can basically wear and upgrade leather armor without losing their special abilities

Your armor bonus is increased to +8 and you gain damage reduction 2/adamantine. However your base land speed is reduced to 20 feet, and you are considered to be wearing heavy armor.

If you'll read my post a little more closely, you'll see that I said Composite Plating, as in the default warforged body, not adamantine plating.

Well...shit. Sorry :( Although it's only one AC more than a human monk because of wisdom penalty. The ability to upgrade is good though.

piL on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I havent heard anything about how stats will be created, and hell, its probly way early to be worrying about it... but I had a suggestion. There was this one way that one of my DM's did that I liked, called like bigby's fist or somethin (that might just right outta my ass though). But what you did was everyone rolled the dice you needed (4d6, drop lowest, repeat 7 times total), like a collective thing, so if there are 7 people then they each roll a set. Then the group decides wether to keep the stats or reroll. Basically its a random spread but everyone has the same stats. So theres the possibility for like 4 18's, but you could also have like 2 6's. I always seemed to get screwed with stat rolls so I really liked this. Man, Im babling, Ill go somewhere else for a while...

Lardalish on
  • Options
    DeVryGuyDeVryGuy Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Lardalish wrote:
    I havent heard anything about how stats will be created, and hell, its probly way early to be worrying about it... but I had a suggestion. There was this one way that one of my DM's did that I liked, called like bigby's fist or somethin (that might just right outta my ass though). But what you did was everyone rolled the dice you needed (4d6, drop lowest, repeat 7 times total), like a collective thing, so if there are 7 people then they each roll a set. Then the group decides wether to keep the stats or reroll. Basically its a random spread but everyone has the same stats. So theres the possibility for like 4 18's, but you could also have like 2 6's. I always seemed to get screwed with stat rolls so I really liked this. Man, Im babling, Ill go somewhere else for a while...

Personally I always prefer a point buy system, since it keeps everyone in an even relative power, but allows you to customize to fit your character archtype.

DeVryGuy on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5369 6910 9799
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    DeVryGuy wrote:
    Lardalish wrote:

Personally I always prefer a point buy system, since it keeps everyone in an even relative power, but allows you to customize to fit your character archtype.

Well, Ive never used one so I can't say if I like it or not. But hey, Im up for anything new.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Lardalish wrote:
    DeVryGuy wrote:
    Lardalish wrote:

Well, Ive never used one so I can't say if I like it or not. But hey, Im up for anything new.

Basically every ability score starts at 8, and you are allotted a certain number of points to improve those scores based on the relative power level of the campaign (Most common is 28 points)

It costs 1 point per increase from 9 to 14, 2 points for 15 and 16, and 3 points for 17 and 18.

So here is the ability score - point cost:
    8 - 0
    9 - 1
    10 - 2
    11 - 3
    12 - 4
    13 - 5
    14 - 6
    15 - 8
    16 - 10
    17 - 13
    18 - 16

DeVryGuy on
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    DeVryGuy wrote:
    Lardalish wrote:

nagilfarswake on

• Options
    edited November 2006
    DeVryGuy wrote:
    Lardalish wrote:
    DeVryGuy wrote:
    Lardalish wrote:

Basically every ability score starts at 8, and you are allotted a certain number of points to improve those scores based on the relative power level of the campaign (Most common is 28 points)

It costs 1 point per increase from 9 to 14, 2 points for 15 and 16, and 3 points for 17 and 18.

So here is the ability score - point cost:
    8 - 0
    9 - 1
    10 - 2
    11 - 3
    12 - 4
    13 - 5
    14 - 6
    15 - 8
    16 - 10
    17 - 13
    18 - 16

Hmmm... I could get used to that. It looks like its alittle less power than the games my DM's run. In those Ill end up with like an 18, couple 16, usually nothing lower than 12 unless a racial drops it.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    that point buy system is actually straight out of the dmg. another reason i like it is it's scalable; you can start with 26, 28, 32 (what i usual use), or even higher depending on how difficult a campaign is planned.

nagilfarswake on

• Options
    edited November 2006
    that point buy system is actually straight out of the dmg. another reason i like it is it's scalable; you can start with 26, 28, 32 (what i usual use), or even higher depending on how difficult a campaign is planned.

Yup, it's also what is used in most D20-based video games like KOTOR and D&D Online. It pretty much takes all the headaches out of ability score generation while not taking away a particular characters uniqueness.

DeVryGuy on
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    So do these things normally take a while to get going? Cause Im going through some serious D&D withdrawl. It's been like 3-4 months since Ive played.

Lardalish on