As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Small To Medium Sized House

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Small To Medium Sized House

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    identeregareidenteregare Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    He said "to the man", so I'll take it that Jake the Dog is a totally cool guy. He may, however, be a lawless hound.

tumblr_n87963EcIA1s7pngwo1_500.gif

identeregare on
  • Options
    LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    I went to a camp once. It was like a day trip to see how it was like. My parents didn't have the cash for it. I don't feel as if I missed out on anything except awkward attempts at sexual encounters. Also, most likely being scared out of my mind about Jason challenging me to a match of Punch-Out!

• Options
    Farmer_10Farmer_10 Registered User regular
    Mostly true, but there are exceptions. Chads OTOH are assholes down to the last scrote.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I loved camp!
    Well, I loved one of the three camps I went to. They were all weeklong affairs.

One of the camps was ok, but pretty barebones. It was a combined group of kids from the Texas Mennonite churches, and one of the kids who went was a complete asshole. He was possibly the most annoying person I've ever met.

The other camp I went to that I didn't like was a YMCA camp, and the very first night I accidentally sat on my glasses and broke them so for a week I was squinting trying to make things out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TransluciaTranslucia Registered User regular
  • Options
    DissentDissent Mr. Fancy Pants Flavour CountryRegistered User regular
    Farmer_10 wrote: »
    Mostly true, but there are exceptions. Chads OTOH are assholes down to the last scrote.

A childhood of Road Rash and Back to the Future have taught me the same about people named Biff.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Dissent wrote: »

A childhood of Road Rash and Back to the Future have taught me the same about people named Biff.

How do we account for Death of a Salesman?

I don't think anybody is really named Biff in real life, anyhow.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »

It looks like Biff is mostly a nickname, and not based on the given name, but on the word biff, meaning to hit or punch. And wikipedia tells me most of the notably nicknamed Biffs are sports folk.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

It looks like Biff is mostly a nickname, and not based on the given name, but on the word biff, meaning to hit or punch. And wikipedia tells me most of the notably nicknamed Biffs are sports folk. So unlike slurring Chads and Jacks, there might be some correlation of Biffs to jerkitude.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    YoungFrey wrote: »

It looks like Biff is mostly a nickname, and not based on the given name, but on the word biff, meaning to hit or punch. And wikipedia tells me most of the notably nicknamed Biffs are sports folk. So unlike slurring Chads and Jacks, there might be some correlation of Biffs to jerkitude.

Because people in sports are more likely to be jerks?

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular

Because people who are likely to earn a nickname about hitting things may more likely be jerks, who then reinforce their nickname by hitting more things, thus ensuring the, uh... jerk-circle?

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Biff Hooper was best friends with the Hardy boys, so he must be alright.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

Chad Varah

link fixed.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

Chad Varah

Such an asshole that your link doesn't even work!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Checks out...

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »

Chad Varah

Such an asshole that your link doesn't even work!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Varah

His real first name is Edward though, so it's a dubious case.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    There is also a 7th century saint called Chad of Mercia.
    On the other hand being a pre-19th century catholic saint isn't really a surefire brand of non-assholism.

After all, they sainted Cyril of Alexandria, the guy who caused the first split in the christian church because he was such a huge douchebag.

On the other hand Chad of Mercia seems like a generally likable and humble guy.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

This seems more confirmation bias-y than anything. I mean, if someone was exposed only to gurmbleguts folk, they could draw the same conclusion about gamers. And be right.

• Options
    HelicaonHelicaon Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

This seems more confirmation bias-y than anything. I mean, if someone was exposed only to gurmbleguts folk, they could draw the same conclusion about gamers. And be right.

yes, but (famous) sports folk tend to be young, with comparatively vast amounts of money, attention and adoration, so in fact it's probably a wonder that most of them aren't first-class jerks. And called Biff.

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    why are their faces tri colored skin tone wise?

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    why are their faces tri colored skin tone wise?

Because Mike is constantly tri-ing new styles.

*ba dum tish*