As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fear [The Walking Thread]]: Also fear SPOILERS, of which there are many in here!

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Internet voting on anything gets hijacked by trolls exactly in 3.2 seconds of the poll going live.

• ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Internet voting on anything gets hijacked by trolls exactly in 3.2 seconds of the poll going live.

New character: Bitey McBiteface

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    ALERT - all spoiler tags have disappeared and all information contained therein is now visible
    FYI if you post with a spoiler it won't show up right now

• ExileExile Registered User regular
    molleh wrote: »
    lol, the other cringe-worthy part was watching Daryl driving stick in an old pickup and just randomly upshifting and downshifting like he has no idea what he's doing...
    I thought he was ether doing it to be a dick to Denise. Or he didn't know what he was doing, because he doesn't know how to drive stick.

I'm going to need a new Gun. Also one for the police girl.
    But I already have a gun.
    Get that bitch a cannon. Bitches love cannons.
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Well, Daryl normally drives a motorcycle.

• ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Eh, it'll still be a cliffhanger if
    We see who dies, but the episode ends before we get to know what will happen next. Cohan has been prone to hyperbole regarding earlier episodes too, so I am not buying anything she's selling.
    I'm assuming there's going to be a cliffhanger of some kind. Maybe she's lying, I don't see a reason to believe not. It's far from concrete, I just think it lends a little credence to the POV theory.

She described it as something like the biggest cliffhanger and the second best episode of television ever after the Sopranos finale. That is hyperbole, I'm sure. :-P

Also, if the rumor turns out to be true: I'm looking forward to a few months of people eking out every possible clue, trying to examine the length of the character's shadow, angle of nearby landmarks, etc to figure out who it is. :)

Next season we find out it's Weyland Smithers.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

If you can bike, you can stick. They are basically the same thing, the difference is clutching with your hand or foot. I pretty much understood how to drive stick just from leaning how to motorcycle.

I did not believe his incompetence.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

If you can bike, you can stick. They are basically the same thing, the difference is clutching with your hand or foot. I pretty much understood how to drive stick just from leaning how to motorcycle.

Yeah the only way it makes sense for him is if he's trolling her for shits and giggles.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

Yeah the only way it makes sense for him is if he's trolling her for shits and giggles.

That's how I chose to read it.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I had a feeling this would be a Tarantino-esqe episode.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

"Let's fuck up one of our vehicles by driving it like a poorly trained chimp" seems like an awfully dangerous game to play for a giggle. Sure, there are spare vehicles on the side of every road, but it still seems like a remarkably bad idea for a joke.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    So I guess they're doing what everyone is expecting they do. It's just a matter of when.

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Geez, this episode is like a contest to see who can be more brazen and dumb.

Daryl is winning by virtue of being responsible for
    bringing basically all the best people out of Alexandrea to search for his dumbass.

Edit: Alright, the callback to the protein bar was pretty good though.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    i know we need to set up the finale but, really
    stupid people doing stupid things

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    If that is not a fatal shot, does that give him immunity from Lucille?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I don't really care for the staging for the finale from this episode but I hope that the finale itself is as good as this season has been otherwise.

NNID: Rehab0
    Yeah, for a pre-finale episode this was pretty bad. I only liked the Carol stuff really. Everything else was pretty much crap.
    The cliffhanger, the characters leaving to chase other characters, the strong strong Negan foreshadowing that's so in your face annoying now, all the sudden saviors get a drop on our trained killers. Just too many conveniences forced just to setup a finale.

I thought the Kingdom allusion of the guy in armor at the barn was interesting though.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

"Let's fuck up one of our vehicles by driving it like a poorly trained chimp" seems like an awfully dangerous game to play for a giggle. Sure, there are spare vehicles on the side of every road, but it still seems like a remarkably bad idea for a joke.

Also there should be vehicles in MUCH better shape that they all should be using. Honestly I'd be driving around in the armored money carrier rigs. They are pretty small arms fire resistant.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

This is like, dangerous game on top of dangerous game tho

The thing that really irritates me about the Saviors (both in comics and on TV) is that they're all such a bunch of pricks.

Like, I get that people are desperate to survive and they're willing to kill or be killed for what they need, but... do they have to be such a bunch of smug shitheads while they do it?

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Morgan's "circle of life":
    Would have been much better if the Wolves weren't also responsible for the zombies appearing en masse.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
    Especially considering
    it was that exact same wolf that dragged Denise into the zombie horde she needed to be saved from in the first place.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

It actually predates the internet
    Batman_A_Death_in_the_Family_(ad).jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Would have been much better if the Wolves weren't also responsible for the zombies appearing en masse.
    You could have used his entire speech to argue the exact opposite point and it would have just as much sense.

"Yup, I let this guy go, and as a result he came to our town, let a bunch of walkers in, and a ton of our own men died. But he had a change of heart, and so he was responsible for one less death. See Rick, every life is precious.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Especially considering
    it was that exact same wolf that dragged Denise into the zombie horde she needed to be saved from in the first place.
    THIS made me want Rick to just shoot Morgan in the head. Denise wouldn't have been outside with the horde had the wolf not been there. By sparing this dangerous individual, you endanger the whole group. One life is not more precious than the whole in this case. If there are no consequences for your actions then there is no reason for them not to repeat them.

• SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    You could have used his entire speech to argue the exact opposite point and it would have just as much sense.

"Yup, I let this guy go, and as a result he came to our town, let a bunch of walkers in, and a ton of our own men died. But he had a change of heart, and so he was responsible for one less death. See Rick, every life is precious.

But see, he was totally trying to not let his captive that he put in danger actually get killed! PreciousGuy +points!!

Siska on
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    Especially considering
    THIS made me want Rick to just shoot Morgan in the head. Denise wouldn't have been outside with the horde had the wolf not been there. By sparing this dangerous individual, you endanger the whole group. One life is not more precious than the whole in this case. If there are no consequences for your actions then there is no reason for them not to repeat them.

The worst part is that
    Nobody ever calls him on any of his preachy bullshit, it's so full of glaring obvious holes that a zombie horde could shamble through it, but instead he just gets to stand there with a soft guitar playing like he's speaking some deep truth

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Half of the conversations that take place may as well be gibberish for all the sense they make or insight they contain.

Like, Glenn and Enid's episode together.

But yes, the fact that no one ever takes the time to challenge people and say "what are you even talking about? Are you an idiot?" is quite the source of frustration.

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Yeah, During the episode I thought he was right, and then thought:

Well fuck, if the wolf was dead, Then denise would never have left the clinic in the first place, right?

His argument is that she gets back in only because the wolf protected her. But you can't know that she would have been in danger in the first place.

I mean, even if he's dead, they still find them because of the backpack in the car.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Just finished watching.

So, stuff, I guess?

Next week better be a...killer episode.
    qo6gmb3msm12.png

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Ugh, that time is a flat circle conversation hurt
    OK first off, Denise wouldn't have been in such danger if the Wolf wasn't there. So he saves her from a situation he created. That's not proof of your theorem, Morgan!

And second of all, and the one I kinda wish Rick had pulled out as a trap card, is that it's partially Morgan's fault the zambos swarmed Alexandria in the first place. He let the Wolves go, who shot up Rick's RV, and stopped him from leading the herd away. If you wanna try and say sparing everyone leads to some good stuff, maybe don't use the example that led to a lot of bad stuff.

Also OH SHIT, Durl! D:

Looked like he got shot in the chest? That's some bad times.

Oh brilliant
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Ugh, that time is a flat circle conversation hurt
    OK first off, Denise wouldn't have been in such danger if the Wolf wasn't there. So he saves her from a situation he created. That's not proof of your theorem, Morgan!

And second of all, and the one I kinda wish Rick had pulled out as a trap card, is that it's partially Morgan's fault the zambos swarmed Alexandria in the first place. He let the Wolves go, who shot up Rick's RV, and stopped him from leading the herd away. If you wanna try and say sparing everyone leads to some good stuff, maybe don't use the example that led to a lot of bad stuff.

Also OH SHIT, Durl! D:

Looked like he got shot in the chest? That's some bad times.
    The voice said he'd be fine though.
    So, shot in the upper arm/shoulder maybe?

I took that as a witty one liner to an apparently dead person.
    Dwight has some weird grudge with Daryl. I think he shot him to kill him, and "you'll be fine" is something he says as Daryl lies there unconcious, bleeding to death. I guess it could work even if it's just a flesh wound. Would make Dwight look even lamer tho.

Oh brilliant
  • InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    He's not dead....its just a flesh wound. The reoccurring theme with all of the Saviour encounters is that they want people alive. Killing Daryl would only piss off Neagan. It it sure looks like Dwight knows that you dont make Neagan mad.

Invectivus wrote: »
    He's not dead....its just a flesh wound. The reoccurring theme with all of the Saviour encounters is that they want people alive. Killing Daryl would only piss off Neagan. It it sure looks like Dwight knows that you dont make Neagan mad.

Dwight
    tried to kill Daryl last episode too! And ended up killing a doctor. Maybe he's supposed to deliver them alive to Negan, but dude reaaaally wants to kill Daryl. Because reasons. I forget why! Didn't Daryl help him? I guess Dwight blames him for getting caught?

Oh brilliant
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    It's another stupid cliffhanger episode and he will have just ended up shooting a walker or nothing at all.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    Nah, we saw the blood. He's been shot.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    It's another stupid cliffhanger episode and he will have just ended up shooting a walker or nothing at all.

Never even thought about that. Bet this is it.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    last time we saw the guts

but yeah i agree

This discussion has been closed.