As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game Grumps] This thread is laughably naive.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    and they smell like rotten milk thanks to ross

ross is THE WORST

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I thought that was just the one?

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

ross is THE WORST

I imagine it's probably just the windsock that smells bad, which is cheap to replace/can probably be washed.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    That's a $1000 mic. And they have 3 of them. Dayum.

Apparently the Grumps inspired Matt and Woolie to update their mic setup after seeing how the Grumps had things setup for their recording. So they went and got pretty much the exact same setup.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

Apparently the Grumps inspired Matt and Woolie to update their mic setup after seeing how the Grumps had things setup for their recording. So they went and got pretty much the exact same setup.

Not gonna lie I kind of appreciated the shit-tier audio for the Zaibatsu. Seemed more in keeping with their personality.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm really liking Suzy/Ross as a combo I never expected could work.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I agree with Ross's sentiments on reality TV.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular

This is good, they always sound like they are way too far from their mics.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Zython wrote: »

ross is THE WORST

I imagine it's probably just the windsock that smells bad, which is cheap to replace/can probably be washed.

i was just making a ross is the worst joke guys

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I'm really liking Suzy/Ross as a combo I never expected could work.

I think it works because instead of being a jackass he treats Suzy like a friend.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016

ross is THE WORST

It seems you are new to the internet.

In other news, I love how Americans react when they discover we eat Kangaroos. Skippy is fucking delicious, if you're wondering.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Kangaroos are animals designed to literally kick and punch the living shit out of each other so it's not surprising that they're a source of super ripped protein (that hence ends up being kinda easy to overdo and be a bit tough/stringy)

Otherwise, basically another gamey kind of red meat

• Options
    Aegeri wrote: »

ross is THE WORST

It seems you are new to the internet.

In other news, I love how Americans react when they discover we eat Kangaroos. Skippy is fucking delicious, if you're wondering.

No YOUR'E the new internet.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Even though I've never had kangaroo (though I'd totally try it), I knew exactly what Ross was talking about when he made reference to it being tough. Gamey, lean meat can be overcooked extremely easy and dries out like crazy because there's very little fat to keep it moist, and the meat is tougher because the animal uses the muscle a lot.

I'd probably go the easy route with kangaroo and just make a stew. Tough meat is very nice for long, slow cooks, as the heat and time help break up the protein and get the meat nice and tender.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Fun fact, one of the fast food chains here, I believe it was Hungry Jacks (Burger King in the US) wanted to make a kangaroo burger. Most Aussies were happy about this, but apparently people in the US were so shocked and outraged by this they ended up canceling the idea.

I still find that hilarious.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Fun fact, one of the fast food chains here, I believe it was Hungry Jacks (Burger King in the US) wanted to make a kangaroo burger. Most Aussies were happy about this, but apparently people in the US were so shocked and outraged by this they ended up canceling the idea.

I think that happened as well with the KFC "Too Easy" commercial. I thought I was told aussies didn't understand at all why the ad was causing a monstrous shitstorm in the states.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

I think that happened as well with the KFC "Too Easy" commercial. I thought I was told aussies didn't understand at all why the ad was causing a monstrous shitstorm in the states.

Ross definitely mentioned the KFC story at some point, possibly during the Pokémon Art Academy series.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016

They should have just weathered it out. Once the next thing came along that Americans could be shocked and outraged about instead, they'd be in the clear.

Also more Grumpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVxscNV85IY

Arin facetanking the Lizardmen now. It went about as well as you'd expect.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    It's pretty funny because he can just put on his Deku Shield and block their attacks.

Danny giving him sass over it is fantastic, though.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    The Hylian Shield blocks their attacks as well.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I had a skippy burger once. I thought it was very salty.

On today's Grumpcade, I'm sure they use their Wii U for non-Grumpage, but did anyone else see the Earthbound in the menu screen and have a little hope?

• Options
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Holy shit holy shit holy shit...
    Claudio [from Coheed & Cambria] just confirmed that they will be recording with them tomorrow 3/22/16 at 11am. I asked about it at the tempe show.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Holy shit holy shit holy shit...
    Claudio [from Coheed & Cambria] just confirmed that they will be recording with them tomorrow 3/22/16 at 11am. I asked about it at the tempe show.
    but what of rob schneider

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Wow, that's awesome. I mean, I haven't listened to anything from Coheed past IV, but that's still really cool.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Wow, that's awesome. I mean, I haven't listened to anything from Coheed past IV, but that's still really cool.

you should check out the afterman double album

man, I'm fucking jealous of the grumps on this one. I hope whatever they're doing is pretty cool

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Having finally played Shovel Knight, I'm catching up on their two playthroughs

The "Moooooom!" stuff in King Knight's level is wonderful.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD1R2LpxDdg

The first six minutes are basically Jack gushing his heart out over the grumps.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I feel like Ross could have picked a better name for his ghoul. Something Undertaler.
    Patty Ruse, maybe?
    Oh, or Arial! You know, to stick to the font thing!

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    And yes, Ross has retweeted a lot of Skully Bonezone fanart.

Also Skully Temzone

Donnicton on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i now believe that arin has not practiced oot

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i now believe that arin has not practiced oot

Thank god Dan was paying attention even a little bit. This could have been a really long episode where nothing happens otherwise.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Guest Grumpcade today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln3_YmSAbMA

Oh my god I looked at her YouTube channel for a bit and it's like watching a female Arin. It's uncomfortably surreal.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTvDpnuNFYU
    Honestly, I'm impressed that Arin managed to figure out the level's gimmick. Less impressed by his behavior when he didn't get it right away.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    he knew it from the start tho

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    He may well have seen it done.

The anger payoff was good comeuppance.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    He may well have seen it done.

The anger payoff was good comeuppance.

Pride cometh something something.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Of course Suzy would like Monster High geez

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Oh neat it's the girl from the Dragonslayer video

Neco on