As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's a [Podcast Thread] out there.

WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
edited April 2016 in Social Entropy++

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Oh you motherfucker

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    did they do that video by having her walk backwards and lip sync to the song played backwards
    that's kind of amazing

BahamutZERO.gif
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I almost got tired enough of waiting to make a podcast thread podcast memorial podcast thread memorial podcast thread

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I want it noted how excited I am to release next week's episode of Party of One, the First Annual Party of One WrestleMania Spectacular

the gb mario maker stream is already delivering

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The op needs work but I'm very happy with the title

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    God bless you WeedLordVegeta

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    I want it noted how excited I am to release next week's episode of Party of One, the First Annual Party of One WrestleMania Spectacular

I am also very excited!

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    it's a shame that "it's queer, but kinda fun" didn't make it into the totally spies version of the song, it really sums up the show

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    My teaser for the WrestleMania Spectacular is to say the following:
    WON's Dave Meltzer recently reported that Indy wrestling standout and semi-intentional savior of mankind Slimy McHeelberg has cancelled all upcoming wrestling dates, citing grief over his friend the Gecko.

Meltzer added: "He's lying. We all know why he really cancelled those dates."

Dex Dynamo on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Man, lot of folks eating other folks and General Vore in this week's adventure zone

Griffins fetishes are seeping into everything.

NeoToma on
    The end of this Adventure Zone, is a real oh shit moment

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    oh my god they were talking about Justin McElroy's post about Batman v Superman in the superhero thread, and "Clint" was mentioned. I was pretty sure from context that he was the Justin/TravisGriffin's dad but I just googled "Clint McElroy" to be sure and I found this: http://www.huntingtonquarterly.com/articles/issue46/last_laugh.html

it is an essay from 2003 by a much younger Justin McElroy from a town quarterly about his dad being chosen as the person with the best sense of humor in town and it is amazing.

last_laugh_title.jpg
    As you may have read earlier in the magazine my Dad, Clint McElroy, has been chosen as the person with the “Best Sense of Humor” in Huntington. You may not have considered the full repercussions of this achievement. Heck, I’m not even sure he has. Think about it. This means if Soupy Sales were to roll into town, my Dad could stroll right up to him, pat him heartily on the back and slap a large red ribbon on his chest that read “#2.” Now that’s power. I’m here to tell you, if your father can’t demean Soupy Sales in public, you’re missing a heady experience. That’s just one of the perks of being the son of the funniest man in Huntington.

Another perk is the never-ending stream of stories that make for great party fodder. Here’s just one example: My Dad was in Huntington City Hall’s Jean Carlo Stephenson Auditorium to see his eldest son perform as Lord Growlie in “The Wizard of Oz.” Dad has an affinity for white, golf ball-sized jawbreakers available at any local Cracker Barrel. At some point before my stunning performance, one of these jawbreakers popped out of his mouth and onto the floor of the darkened theatre. As it began to roll down the sloped floor of the auditorium, my Dad jumped to his feet and shouted, “Oh my God! My glass eye!”

A kindly old woman seated in the row in front of him snatched the faux glass eye from its certain fate of sticking to the bottom of the shoe of a pit trombonist. The poor woman only had the glass eye in her possession for a few seconds, but I imagine she spent that precious time evaluating the relative stickiness of a glass eye that had recently been in someone’s head. She passed the ocular confection back to him as he responded with a sheepish, “Thank you so much. I would have hated to miss half the show.”

Pure comic genius.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I think I need to stop listening to so many McElroy podcasts or cut down on the drinking.

I had a dream that I was going to see them live, and it turned into Monster Factory on a human. It ended with a tiny warped human melting in a water bottle while Travis smiled. His eyes were black and his mouth looked like one of those drawings of monsters where the mouth is a zigzag forming teeth.

It was one of those dreams where I woke up and just wondered what the fuck is going on in my brain.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    oh my god they were talking about Justin McElroy's post about Batman v Superman in the superhero thread, and "Clint" was mentioned. I was pretty sure from context that he was the Justin/TravisGriffin's dad but I just googled "Clint McElroy" to be sure and I found this: http://www.huntingtonquarterly.com/articles/issue46/last_laugh.html

it is an essay from 2003 by a much younger Justin McElroy from a town quarterly about his dad being chosen as the person with the best sense of humor in town and it is amazing.

last_laugh_title.jpg
    As you may have read earlier in the magazine my Dad, Clint McElroy, has been chosen as the person with the “Best Sense of Humor” in Huntington. You may not have considered the full repercussions of this achievement. Heck, I’m not even sure he has. Think about it. This means if Soupy Sales were to roll into town, my Dad could stroll right up to him, pat him heartily on the back and slap a large red ribbon on his chest that read “#2.” Now that’s power. I’m here to tell you, if your father can’t demean Soupy Sales in public, you’re missing a heady experience. That’s just one of the perks of being the son of the funniest man in Huntington.

Another perk is the never-ending stream of stories that make for great party fodder. Here’s just one example: My Dad was in Huntington City Hall’s Jean Carlo Stephenson Auditorium to see his eldest son perform as Lord Growlie in “The Wizard of Oz.” Dad has an affinity for white, golf ball-sized jawbreakers available at any local Cracker Barrel. At some point before my stunning performance, one of these jawbreakers popped out of his mouth and onto the floor of the darkened theatre. As it began to roll down the sloped floor of the auditorium, my Dad jumped to his feet and shouted, “Oh my God! My glass eye!”

A kindly old woman seated in the row in front of him snatched the faux glass eye from its certain fate of sticking to the bottom of the shoe of a pit trombonist. The poor woman only had the glass eye in her possession for a few seconds, but I imagine she spent that precious time evaluating the relative stickiness of a glass eye that had recently been in someone’s head. She passed the ocular confection back to him as he responded with a sheepish, “Thank you so much. I would have hated to miss half the show.”

Pure comic genius.

Holy shit that's such a good joke.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

"chat says it's too easy"
    "FUCK THEM"

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    So far my favorite running joke on Friends at The Table is definitely the Troubled Asset Relief Program

People shouldn't see illegal things

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That picture of Justin is amazing

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Also that article made me a little bit sad because it mentioned Mama McElroy in the present tense and excuse me I am going to go get another beer

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    "chat says it's too easy"
    "FUCK THEM"

"... spike did not get hit."

euj90n71sojo.png
    doable!

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I loved it when he just unloaded on that Galoomba

"Fucker, shit.....face... mushroom dick!"

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I kinda want to know what the context of that tweet is, but I feel like I may be better off without ever knowing.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I'm sure we'll find out when the beastcast goes up tomorrow

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Giant Bomb is A Good Website

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I hear Giant Bomb is a good website

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yes master, Giant Bomb is a good website

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Well said

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    That's an okay song.

That's an okay song.

That's an okay song.

This discussion has been closed.