As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX Boardgame Night: Ep. 2016, THE DICE AWAKEN

• SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Nifty! Do we have timing info yet?

P0P7S6y.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    @aBByNormaL - re: your question on the brigade thread regarding who to thank for this. The first year, we did a giant thank you card but this year I'd like to do something that helps her more in a professional capacity. I don't want to deluge her boss's inbox with thank you emails because that could get annoying but the idea of passing on to her supervisors how much this means to a potential customer base is where I'd like to go with it. If you have ideas, kick them down!!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    Solanales wrote: »
    Nifty! Do we have timing info yet?

Starts at 4pm, but we don't know what time it will end yet. This one will definitely have an end time, probably either midnight or 2am.

• InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    It's been a long, stressful road but congratulations =) I'll be adding this promptly!

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    this is awesome news! I'm genuinely excited and...

....maybe I'll actually play a friggin tabletop game beginning-to-end this year!

• GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    This is awesome. Even though I won't be there this year I'm so glad it's still going on. This has been a bit part of pax for me for the last few years

• AppleguysnakeAppleguysnake Registered User regular
    Wow, @LexiconGrrl I thought this thread had died after it seemed like everyone gave up. I was happy to get together some Joust in the park, but this is pretty amazing. Should we talk to you about how to organize Joust in the event space? Happy to help with other aspects too as much as possible.

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Fantastic! So happy to see this come together!

DXLJjjr.png
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Awesome @LexiconGrrl Can't wait to tell my crew that we are Go.

ishtra on
    Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Cookie Brigade will definitely pick up the duties of info table. Check in and get a cookie at the same time :)
    Thanks for your efforts @LexiconGrrl !

HI3789R.png
    Wow, @LexiconGrrl I thought this thread had died after it seemed like everyone gave up. I was happy to get together some Joust in the park, but this is pretty amazing. Should we talk to you about how to organize Joust in the event space? Happy to help with other aspects too as much as possible.

We want joust! There is SO MUCH SPACE down there. Seriously. Space. It's just screaming for Joust.

What do you need to do? Show up. Plug in. Done.

• DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    @LexiconGrrl Hell. Yes. Good. Work.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Double posted, too excited.

Drain on
    N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    There is one particular manager at the Westin who has championed this for us this year and there will be some sort of thank you effort for everyone to participate in.

Can we get his/her contact info so we can send a big thank you basket of chocolates / fruits / cookies /etc?

• DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    forums spazzed and double posted

DeathJest3r on
  • JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    We want joust! There is SO MUCH SPACE down there. Seriously. Space. It's just screaming for Joust.

Joust shall be there! Super excited to see this event back on! Seriously, it's one of my favorite parts of PAX.

• JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Sorry about the double post! Forums seemed to have hiccuped.

Jerkfish on
  • DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    This is fantastic news! Thanks @LexiconGrrl! Feel free to let me know if there's a need for volunteers.

5I7JEDi.png
    There is one particular manager at the Westin who has championed this for us this year and there will be some sort of thank you effort for everyone to participate in.

Can we get his/her contact info so we can send a big thank you basket of chocolates / fruits / cookies /etc?

That's a good idea.

• KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    My guild did that for a game developer who treated us to dinner at a con, we sent a gift basket in thanks. As long as it has no alcohol and is under $100 in value it should be acceptable unless their employer forbids it. We checked with the developer first.

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Oh this fills me with happiness! I SHALL BE THERE WITH FORUM BADGES!!!

Apologies for the yelling, but I'm so excited now.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Excellent Kropotkin!

Okay assuming there's more than enough space, think we can get a small table for the laptop and stuff?

Also, if anyone has suggestions on where we can get a speaker (I don't know if we can get one from the hotel?), they'd be really helpful. I was thinking about buying a PA type speaker like we borrowed from PAX last year, but transporting it to Boston isn't practical.

Okay assuming there's more than enough space, think we can get a small table for the laptop and stuff?

Also, if anyone has suggestions on where we can get a speaker (I don't know if we can get one from the hotel?), they'd be really helpful. I was thinking about buying a PA type speaker like we borrowed from PAX last year, but transporting it to Boston isn't practical.

No prob on the table. I'll ask about a speaker, but you could also see if anyone has a small portable hi-fi speaker like Bose or UE Boom that they'd loan you for the evening.

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Can I ask if it's at all possible to play Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes? I have it on my Macbook Pro and am willing to run some sessions of it.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular

No prob on the table. I'll ask about a speaker, but you could also see if anyone has a small portable hi-fi speaker like Bose or UE Boom that they'd loan you for the evening.

I'll second the PC speaker or bluetooth speaker idea... since this is indoors you probably don't need a massive sound system unless we are going to try to get the entire room playing JS Joust...

I'm planning to bring a PC and a few controllers for small screen Duck Game and Towerfall. I'll probably bring a UE Boom to use for sound if the speakers turn out to be insufficient.

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Can I ask if it's at all possible to play Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes? I have it on my Macbook Pro and am willing to run some sessions of it.

I don't see why not. I'll ask the hotel to include a bank of 6' tables along a powered wall for any electronics.

• FastrFastr Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Yes please!! I've been dying to play that!

Also.. I'm amazed this is happening! I had given up on it! WAHOO!!!!

Can I just say how incredibly hilarious you guys are with all the ways you're trying not to use profanity? A well dropped expletive is a long standing PA tradition, and I myself swear like a motherfucking sailor.

You're so cute.

Yeah we had some decent small bluetooth speakers in a small room last year, but they got drowned out pretty easily once there were a bunch of people playing. It'll be even worse in a 12,000 sq ft room. Hopefully the hotel has something, but I'll be looking into options.

@kropotkin I'd love to play some Keep Talking! Set up close to Joust so I can run over :)

• GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Yeah we had some decent small bluetooth speakers in a small room last year, but they got drowned out pretty easily once there were a bunch of people playing. It'll be even worse in a 12,000 sq ft room. Hopefully the hotel has something, but I'll be looking into options.

As always it's going to be a tough balance between you guys being able to hear everything over the people, and the people being able to hear each other. I'm sure you guys will come up with something :)

GhostDan wrote: »
    As always it's going to be a tough balance between you guys being able to hear everything over the people, and the people being able to hear each other.

I think you really overestimate the power of a jambox vs 1-200 people talking over each other :p

• jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    Can I just say how incredibly hilarious you guys are with all the ways you're trying not to use profanity? A well dropped expletive is a long standing PA tradition, and I myself swear like a motherfucking sailor.

You're so cute.

I actually pictured myself at game night this year standing up and saying "Who the fuck wants to play Secret Hitler?" I figure I should set the tone early :P

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    jayh0va wrote: »

You're so cute.

I actually pictured myself at game night this year standing up and saying "Who the fuck wants to play Secret Hitler?" I figure I should set the tone early :P

Can this be my formal acceptance to that question? Been dying to get to try it.

• jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular

You're so cute.

Ha! Yes! I'm going to reach out to them and see if they will bring more copies too. I doubt we get a response, but you never know.

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • rtm416rtm416 NYRegistered User regular

You're so cute.

I second this.

SK3ozR5.png
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Been lurking a while and I'm so glad this is back on! What an amazing job you've all done with alternative ideas. I'm really excited to see the basement space, especially since we planned to arrive in Boston Thursday afternoon, mostly for this very event. Now if only I'd gotten the Westin for Thursday, but hey the Renaissance isn't far.

I'll most likely be bringing Super Fight!

UyhWici.png
    Amazing news! Out of curiosity, do you know if the Westin will have tables throughout the weekend this year like usual? Or is the no gaming in the mezzanine a weekend long policy?

Confirmed: The mezzanine tables will go up at 5pm on Friday and stay up all weekend.

• FastrFastr Registered User regular
    @LexiconGrrl find me Thursday so I can buy you a drink!

• GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    Songs will be sung about these heroics